We tried to tell u mother****ers!!!

Advertisement
I feel this. Life is good when this U balls on Friday night. First time in 20 years that I KNEW we were going to drive and go ahead. Thank you for this moment and let’s keep driving forward. The world needs to appreciate the soul of the U
Agreed.. I was calm except for the Pope under throw he was dropping straight dimes

He was spectacular. Dropped some fùckin dimes and just willed us to victory. Special player.

Some of us tried to tell you all. Still remember the “but he played in the AAC” crowd. And I’m not tagging nobody but I need some respect on Lashlee’s name as well after all the shít he’s taken the last few weeks on here.

Advertisement
My fellow canes brethren. I never, ever come on this board after a game. But god**** man....y’all need to put some respect on this kid’s name. Me and @Liberty City El and a few others on this board tried to tell y’all all summer....THIS KID IS THE ******* TRUTH MAN!!

I’ll admit, through 6 games I was about 1% disappointed in his play. And I am NOT saying he was bad, not even close. But this is what I expected from the jump. This is what this kid is capable of, clearly. This is what I saw at Houston, this is what I knew he could do with Lashlee and some Miami skill kids around him. This is why we tried to tell y’all this is not a game changer. This is a PROGRAM changer. He is elite, dynamic, absurdly good and so **** fun to watch.

So yes. We got some holes on this team. We got some issues on defense. Manny might suck, Baker might suck, blah blah blah. But, if you’re a true fan of this program and of this sport, just appreciate the ******* **** out of this kid. Enjoy those 3.5 hours you get to watch him ball out for the program you love. Because he’s special and we’re probably not gonna see one like him for a long time.

One of the very best individual performances I’ve seen by a kid wearing this uniform in 30 years of following this program closer than I follow my family. So no matter what has happened to this point, and no matter what happens from now until the end of the season....ESPECIALLY with the climate of the world right now...enjoy this kid and put some god**** respect on his name.

D’Eriq King....you are a sick individual. Enjoy him and be thankful he’s here.

Go Canes. 6-1 feels good!
Incoming!

My fellow canes brethren. I never, ever come on this board after a game. But god**** man....y’all need to put some respect on this kid’s name. Me and @Liberty City El and a few others on this board tried to tell y’all all summer....THIS KID IS THE ******* TRUTH MAN!!

I’ll admit, through 6 games I was about 1% disappointed in his play. And I am NOT saying he was bad, not even close. But this is what I expected from the jump. This is what this kid is capable of, clearly. This is what I saw at Houston, this is what I knew he could do with Lashlee and some Miami skill kids around him. This is why we tried to tell y’all this is not a game changer. This is a PROGRAM changer. He is elite, dynamic, absurdly good and so **** fun to watch.

So yes. We got some holes on this team. We got some issues on defense. Manny might suck, Baker might suck, blah blah blah. But, if you’re a true fan of this program and of this sport, just appreciate the ******* **** out of this kid. Enjoy those 3.5 hours you get to watch him ball out for the program you love. Because he’s special and we’re probably not gonna see one like him for a long time.

One of the very best individual performances I’ve seen by a kid wearing this uniform in 30 years of following this program closer than I follow my family. So no matter what has happened to this point, and no matter what happens from now until the end of the season....ESPECIALLY with the climate of the world right now...enjoy this kid and put some god**** respect on his name.

D’Eriq King....you are a sick individual. Enjoy him and be thankful he’s here.

Go Canes. 6-1 feels good!
We have four more games and with this kid they are easily winnable. You can have constructive criticism, but if your post contains no excitement or hope then I flat out question whether or not you are truly a cane fan.

Advertisement
No words.
Sometimes you just sit back and try to believe the numbers you just witnessed. He did it smoothly like if it was just another game. No bragging or or nothing. Just dropping domes and controlling the offense like if he’s been here for 4 years.

It’s unfortunate that our culture sucks so much we rely on transfers to bring the a lot of the maturity we need to the locker room
This really cannot go understated. It's like the 3rd or 4th year on a GT to be a model of behavior in one of the position rooms (or in this case, for the team).

Hopefully, that **** changes with guys like Chaney, Knighton, Harrison-Hunte, and maybe even a guy like Couch. But, it should raise ALL the eyebrows that the guys we evaluate and bring up in the system somehow become disconnected.

As an aside, I'm not sure why anyone would be upset at a bunch of kids overcelebrating and unfocused when some of their coaches do the exact same things.

The better he plays the more likely it becomes apparent he is a 1 year rental. Was hoping for a little less awesome 😁.

Advertisement
No words.
Sometimes you just sit back and try to believe the numbers you just witnessed. He did it smoothly like if it was just another game. No bragging or or nothing. Just dropping domes and controlling the offense like if he’s been here for 4 years.
Exactly. His leadership and humility I hope is setting an example for Van Dyke and some of the younger players for after he’s gone.

Cant remember the last time we had a leader and an example who could be a cultural game changer for how guys are supposed to prepare and perform.

I just love that he came off some up and down performances for the game last night. It shows resiliency and is why we came back to win.

Advertisement
A win is a WIN. Look at Michigan getting killed. Anything can happen with COLLEGE FOOTBALL. We are
6 - 1 . Period

I think and hope this is what we will see the rest of the way. Lets not forget he hasn't had that much time with these wide receiver group.

Props to King no doubt, but when reading the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about the tenuous success of Baker's defense coming into last night. A few were expressing concern last week, only to be shouted down with 5-1...

Advertisement
Back