We should have offered Bobby Hart

Advertisement
Wasn't FSU on him way early? Not saying we shouldn't
have offered, but iirc he was all FSU pretty early on.

Attachments

• TheWork.jpg
    TheWork.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 23,097
He would've been a Cane had we gone after him hard. We just slowplayed him along like we did with a lot of other kids for some reason.

Advertisement
Our recruiting under RS was terrible but I'm not sure we had a shot at Hart.

Attachments

• TheWork.jpg
    TheWork.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 10,675
Advertisement
My understanding is that he wanted to be a Cane, but couldnt even talk to the coaches. He got ticked, got shown some love by FSU, and became "all nole".

FSU has been cherry picking the best players out of STA for the past several years. Datko, Joyner, Hart, Greene, and Barron (all of which have seen the field) are all from STA and are collectively more talented than Miami's Dorsett, Linder, Payne, and Barton (other than linder none have seen time). UM was great when it locked down SFL recruiting, and if you guys want to get back to where you want to be then you can't be letting FSU and other out of state programs come in to your backyard and steal the local talent at the rate they have been.

FSU has been cherry picking the best players out of STA for the past several years. Datko, Joyner, Hart, Greene, and Barron (all of which have seen the field) are all from STA and are collectively more talented than Miami's Dorsett, Linder, Payne, and Barton (other than linder none have seen time). UM was great when it locked down SFL recruiting, and if you guys want to get back to where you want to be then you can't be letting FSU and other out of state programs come in to your backyard and steal the local talent at the rate they have been.

Maybe collectively, but Linder was a top grab there. I'm a big fan of Greene, however. I was also a big fan of Roberson.

How's Joyner doing? It should be noted he was all nole before he transferred to STA for his final year. So that's not a very good example.

Advertisement
Maybe collectively, but Linder was a top grab there. I'm a big fan of Greene, however. I was also a big fan of Roberson.

How's Joyner doing? It should be noted he was all nole before he transferred to STA for his final year. So that's not a very good example.

Linder has looked good for you, but Datko was projected to be a first day pick prior to his season ending injury this year. I don't think Linder has proven to be that caliber of OL yet, but it's possible. Joyner saw action as our Dime as a true frosh, and over the offseason switched to SS. He stole a starting safety spot from incumbent starters Parks and Moody, who both now split time at FS instead. Joyner has been our best player in the secondary this year, and he's a **** of a hitter. His size might prevent him from being a top NFL talent (built like bob sanders), but he's turned into a very good college safety. As for our other STA guys, Hart and Barron have seen the field due to our patchwork OL this year, and been respectable as true freshman. Rashad Greene was looking like the best WR on our team before getting hurt. He has 6 TDs and 450 yards in five games.

Linder has looked good for you, but Datko was projected to be a first day pick prior to his season ending injury this year. I don't think Linder has proven to be that caliber of OL yet, but it's possible. Joyner saw action as our Dime as a true frosh, and over the offseason switched to SS. He stole a starting safety spot from incumbent starters Parks and Moody, who both now split time at FS instead. Joyner has been our best player in the secondary this year, and he's a **** of a hitter. His size might prevent him from being a top NFL talent (built like bob sanders), but he's turned into a very good college safety. As for our other STA guys, Hart and Barron have seen the field due to our patchwork OL this year, and been respectable as true freshman. Rashad Greene was looking like the best WR on our team before getting hurt. He has 6 TDs and 450 yards in five games.

Linder's a pup. He's going through some growing pains right now, but I think he'll settle ultimately settle in. I project him as an NFL player and a potential Top 3 rounder.

Linder's a pup. He's going through some growing pains right now, but I think he'll settle ultimately settle in. I project him as an NFL player and a potential Top 3 rounder.

I hope so. To be honest, he's been one of the biggest disappointments for me this year. I haven't brought it up because I don't want the ****stick brigade to go in on him. Obviously lot of tools there and he's young & seems to have the work ethic & want-to. Look forward to him improving.

Advertisement
I'm kinda with you Swag. I'm really disappointed with him. Not saying he won't turn it around, but I just assumed that he'd make a nice leap forward this year.

BTW,I said this to able, but hiring Kehoe was just a huge huge mistake because not only does he have question marks, but he's the type of hire that say if Golden's not satisfied with him, it's not going to be easy to can him after a year or two. I really REALLY wish he would not have brought him back.

George Smith hated Butch and Coker, so we did not have much luck at STA during their tenure. Smith started warming up to Randy, but most of the "misses" at STA the last few years are on Randy (surprise!). Other than Joyner and Greene, who were FSU before transferring to STA, we had a shot or even led on the others.

This...I love Arts as a Cane but not as a coach

I'm kinda with you Swag. I'm really disappointed with him. Not saying he won't turn it around, but I just assumed that he'd make a nice leap forward this year.

BTW,I said this to able, but hiring Kehoe was just a huge huge mistake because not only does he have question marks, but he's the type of hire that say if Golden's not satisfied with him, it's not going to be easy to can him after a year or two. I really REALLY wish he would not have brought him back.

Advertisement
Back