We played Central Connecticut State

Advertisement
Yeah ok…I guess it should have been 200-0
We know who we played & the level they are on…the majority still feels the same Manny Andrew Diaz…he needs to go..

GIF by Desus & Mero

Advertisement
I’m all for bashing how bad the coaching staff and older players are, but it’s fair to be happy with what the young kids did. We’ve been waiting to see them since they stepped on campus. I haven’t seen anybody claim this team is good and this win means anything.

Advertisement
There is no reality to set in. Almost no one on this site thinks UM is good or will win even 7 games this year. Most believe this is a team with some talent that has been criminally mismanaged and poorly coached to the point that what should at least be a mediocre team, is worse than that.

None of this honest understanding of the UM team/program takes away from the fact that some of the freshmen were able to Play and make some plays yesterday. Is there a take away from the game? Maybe, but noone is arguing that UM is good because of yesterday. Don’t argue against a point that no one is making just because you want to make your point.

some of y’all still think we can win the Coastal… that will change on Thursday.

Advertisement
Calm down girls, there'll be plenty of time to mope soon enough. For now be happy you got to see guys we've been begging to see.

Central CT State is in New Britain, CT home of Stanley products and not know for any football team. I'm certain some high power high schools could beat them. The only good thing is that young players got showcase their talent. Other than that this game was a joke and UM should not schedule teams like CCS. I believe we will see more of the young players because Manny is about to get fired and he's trying to save his job.

I have no problem w/ playing a Savannah St, Bethune Cookman, Central Connecticut State at the beginning of the season, or at the very end. It’s a benefit to all parties; those type of schools gets paid & it’s a nice way to tune up any flaws to begin the season or to end the season going into either Championship game play or the bowl season.

I don’t want play a team of this caliber 4 games into the season. It’s of no benefit, b/c it gives a false sense of confidence. Boards don’t hit back, so getting crushed by teams that fight back, only to get ur ego stroked by a team that’s nothing more than a punching bag (shout out to @k9cane) gives fans & the team a false sense of accomplishment.

Also, y in tf would we schedule a cupcake w/ a short week to play an ACC foe?? And this ACC foe is showing themselves to be a bit tougher than previously thought.

Advertisement
I have no problem w/ playing a Savannah St, Bethune Cookman, Central Connecticut State at the beginning of the season, or at the very end. It’s a benefit to all parties; those type of schools gets paid & it’s a nice way to tune up any flaws to begin the season or to end the season going into either Championship game play or the bowl season.

I don’t want play a team of this caliber 4 games into the season. It’s of no benefit, b/c it gives a false sense of confidence. Boards don’t hit back, so getting crushed by teams that fight back, only to get ur ego stroked by a team that’s nothing more than a punching bag (shout out to @k9cane) gives fans & the team a false sense of accomplishment.

Also, y in tf would we schedule a cupcake w/ a short week to play an ACC foe?? And this ACC foe is showing themselves to be a bit tougher than previously thought.

yeah, and again, where this program is at the moment, Id rather start with a game like this than Bama. Yeah, I said it. Im not changing my mind

I have no issues with playing real programs in home-and-homes (like Texas A@M) but neutral site games vs top 5 teams?

Pass(for now)

Again, schedule for success and with common sense

I do. UVA is not good. We are not good. When 2 teams that are not good play, anything can happen.

I wouldn’t say UVA is not good. UVA have played 3 of 4 opponents from the P5, 2 of which were ACC opponents. WF is living up to it’s pre-season ACC dark horse prognostication & UNC was supposed to be a runaway favorite for the Coastal (now that’s in jeopardy).

UVA is going to be a challenge for us. Our offense is still putrid. Those lil bubble screens that were working against CCSU ain’t working against P5 opponents.

Advertisement
Back