We need a true OC....

We lack game changers at WR and OL, and had multiple drops and bad calls against us in the FSU game, to only lose by one and you guys acting like the program is folding....relax people....

Advertisement
We lack game changers at WR and OL, and had multiple drops and bad calls against us in the FSU game, to only lose by one and you guys acting like the program is folding....relax people....

Bs Cooley has a field day against them .

We had plenty of talent enough to beat FSU this year. What we lacked was mental toughness. And not just Kaaya but the WRs, the OL and the staff. If anyone of them made only one more play, we win even with all those miscalls.

I would take Ken Dorsey over Richt playing calling . Least it will be up to date and playing to win . I was waiting for the Statue of Liberty from coach Richt

At this point I'd take Ken Kaniff calling the plays

Advertisement
I'm not saying this just because they are having success this season but I've always liked Washington's head coach and Louisville's. Young hot shot coordinators who have tutor under either of these guys would be an excellent choice as an offensive Coordinator

Before trashing Richt, Brown and their fellow offensive co-conspirators, let's ask a few simple questions: Would we be happy putting up 35 points on FSU? How many times in the series have we put up 35 on FSU?

Simply put is Miami should have scored 35, if not something close to it. Walton's TD was called back on a questionable call away from the play, but for Kaaya's brain fart interception Miami's in position for a TD or FG at the very least and then a bad snap throws off the timing on a PAT.

Again, the offense is far from perfect - the OL is worrisome and Kaaya is jittery without a clean pocket - but let's not act like the world is coming to an end. And the FSU defense came to play in a rivalry game.

Some folks are wanting our old "Xbox" style play calls back. Got to love Monday morning QBs.

Advertisement
dude we begged for old style to come back I-form, pro style, 4-3. CMR is giving us that its just going to take a little time for the talent to catch up. Backs are doing work AR is the real deal. I think the main problem on O is the lack of TE in the middle of the field. I personally love the direction we are headed in and hate the thought on getting an OC to "be more modern". Pounding the rock is what wins championships the team consistently on top pound the ball " not the Oregons, Baylors, TCU's of the world" that have a good regular season then get pounded by Bama. Keep doing your thing CMR just give me a little more TE

Still trying to find out out where Ken Dorsey would be the answer at offensive coordinator.

I mean, I would love for the dude to come back to the U. But, he's just as proven as an OC as Brown.

Lol at Ken Dorsey. The stupidity on this site is never ending.

If Richt ever goes the OC route then go get an innovative OC, someone from a great offensive coaching tree.

Execution was way more of a problem than play calling! We drop way too many balls, and simply didn't execute on Offense. People like to point out to Petrino, Dude only calls like maybe 10 or 15 plays a game. it's pretty the same ****, they just know how to execute, and have a game buster as a QB.

Advertisement
I think Richt needs a Wartime Consigliere to be his OC. Someone who knows his ****. Someone who is willing to live and die for the Orange and Green.

Someone like....

View attachment 39544

Butch was a defensive coach but I get your point.

I'd be happy with a full-time QB coach. Howard thought it was critical for the offense we wanted to install. It was one of his first hires. It remains critical with us constantly bring in young QBs to see who will stick. Someone like a modern Earl Morrell getting them on the right path. Richt already has too much on his mind.

Earl was a volunteer coach. He didn't want a real job. Once NCAA did away with volunteer coaches he stopped. But you are right that he was crucial for Howard. We have too many noles on this staff. Maybe Steve as QB coach or Ken as OC might work. HC hire mostly guys they know but Mark could get one old Cane on the O side -- we have some really good guy out there. You know, ones that bet noles most of the time when Mark was coaching there, just saying.

I think Richt needs a Wartime Consigliere to be his OC. Someone who knows his ****. Someone who is willing to live and die for the Orange and Green.

Someone like....

View attachment 39544

Butch was a defensive coach but I get your point.

I'd be happy with a full-time QB coach. Howard thought it was critical for the offense we wanted to install. It was one of his first hires. It remains critical with us constantly bring in young QBs to see who will stick. Someone like a modern Earl Morrell getting them on the right path. Richt already has too much on his mind.

Earl was a volunteer coach. He didn't want a real job. Once NCAA did away with volunteer coaches he stopped. But you are right that he was crucial for Howard. We have too many noles on this staff. Maybe Steve as QB coach or Ken as OC might work. HC hire mostly guys they know but Mark could get one old Cane on the O side -- we have some really good guy out there. You know, ones that bet noles most of the time when Mark was coaching there, just saying.

Yep, the name on your college degree determines how good you are as a coach. I don't give a **** where someone went to school, this is a job, get the best guys you can. If that means Ken Dorsey, then so be it, if that means Art Briles(Pipe dream) or Lincoln Riley, so be it. Just get another person that can take some of the stress off of Richt. I don't see Brown as an OC right now, I think that he's a solid RB coach, and Jon Richt is a waste of a spot. Get a guy like Riley in, move Brown to RB Coach/Run Game Coordinator, and for the love of god, bring Larry Scott back to run the tight ends. Jon R. should be working in the front office somewhere.

Execution was way more of a problem than play calling! We drop way too many balls, and simply didn't execute on Offense. People like to point out to Petrino, Dude only calls like maybe 10 or 15 plays a game. it's pretty the same ****, they just know how to execute, and have a game buster as a QB.
I don't see it as an "either/or" scenario. Yes, the dropped passes hurt. The INT was brutal. And the OL play was completely unacceptable. However, the play calling was also a problem.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back