We need a true OC....

Gsugradcanefan

Freshman
...to come up with a solid gameplan versus teams like FSU and now that we're getting into the meat of our schedule. I never liked this Thomas brown as co-oc (no real experience) while Richt called plays. If he wants to call plays then fine, but let someone with true OC experience come up with the gameplan. I think the lack of a true coordinator came back to bite us in the *** tonight. But what do i know, I'm just a fan. Am I the only one thinking/feeling this way?

Advertisement
We need to hire an offensive coordinator with imagination. Mark richt is a good program head coach but he is past his prime as a playcaller.

I am for Mark richt being our head coach, but he sucks as a play caller. He should fire himself, as OC, at the end of the season.

Im thinking about the future. If N'kosi starts here the play calling needs to be changed. Idk if that means a new OC or what. But It can't stay the same.

Advertisement
I'm from the Butch camp, but I was on board for everything CMR had done until tonight's play calling. mostly the back to back runs after the holding call

[video]https://media.giphy.com/media/mnJRjgXZ2ooh2/giphy.gif[/video]

Last edited:
I didn't have a problem with Richts play calling.

It seems to me that we are some what limited becuase Kayaa can't rollout and has questionable footwork when dropping back. Which means we have to get under center to run and in shotgun to pass. Just look at the FSU QB tonight. 3 of their biggest plays were all QB bootlegs from under center.

Also our Oline sucks and I don't care who calls plays that unit just can't get the job done.

I'm blowed because I was truly under the impression that he was waiting to "open up the playbook" against FSU, but after that game the playbook needs to go in the trash. A lot of the playcalling was too conservative.

This makes the 3rd straight UM coach Jimbo has owned.

Just not creative up the middle up the middle up the middle. I mean if we were getting yard ok but we weren't so continue up the middle.No imagination

Advertisement
If Kaaya had any real time to throw, we would be fine. We are working with a second rate OL. It's a major problem.

Agree, Linder gets pushed around too much. Richt as OC will be fine. We are a 10-2 / top20 type team. Everyone knew October would be tough. We lost, move on and build momentum again. That D looks like a 80s style. like I posted earlier, OL quality and depth lost us the game.

I'm blowed because I was truly under the impression that he was waiting to "open up the playbook" against FSU, but after that game the playbook needs to go in the trash. A lot of the playcalling was too conservative.

This makes the 3rd straight UM coach Jimbo has owned.

Im still trying to understand why anybody thought he was "waiting" to open up the playbook. That georgia tech game was way too ******* close to be sitting on plays. It was obvious he doesn't have much up his sleeve.

Advertisement
I think Richt needs a Wartime Consigliere to be his OC. Someone who knows his ****. Someone who is willing to live and die for the Orange and Green.

Someone like....

IMG_0461.JPG

Advertisement
I think Richt needs a Wartime Consigliere to be his OC. Someone who knows his ****. Someone who is willing to live and die for the Orange and Green.

Someone like....

View attachment 39544

Butch was a defensive coach but I get your point.

I'd be happy with a full-time QB coach. Howard thought it was critical for the offense we wanted to install. It was one of his first hires. It remains critical with us constantly bring in young QBs to see who will stick. Someone like a modern Earl Morrell getting them on the right path. Richt already has too much on his mind.

Agree, Linder gets pushed around too much. Richt as OC will be fine. We are a 10

Linder is solid at center. He's no world beater but he doesn't make mistakes.

Against a 3-4 you need a road grading center.

We need to start paying more attention to teams like Alabama.

Their emphasis is talent at OC and then the Tackles. Its a lot easier to find guards.

Barret Jones was the lynchpin of a few of their championship lines. We need to start respecting the Center position more.

Someone like....

View attachment 39544

Butch was a defensive coach but I get your point.

I'd be happy with a full-time QB coach. Howard thought it was critical for the offense we wanted to install. It was one of his first hires. It remains critical with us constantly bring in young QBs to see who will stick. Someone like a modern Earl Morrell getting them on the right path. Richt already has too much on his mind.

Thanks. You got the point I was trying to get across. You know that old "Murderer's Row" picture of UM QB's from 1982 spring camp? Kelly is there, as well as Richt, Kosar, Vinnie T, and Earl Morrall who was hired by Schnelly to coach them. Jesus, what a lineup.

Richt needs an OC who can create a stable of quarterbacks like that.

I would take Ken Dorsey over Richt playing calling . Least it will be up to date and playing to win . I was waiting for the Statue of Liberty from coach Richt

Advertisement
Back