We need a big time recruit at RB

Cam’ron and Chaney are both good...but we need a home run hitter out of the backfield to really take the next step. Now that we know Knighton ain’t the guy, is there any big time recruit we are getting that can fill this role?
yea, you definitely don't know what your looking at lol. Chaney is that back. Size speed, strength, power, one or two cut back who gets upfield. Runs with low shoulder pads. Knighton has great quickness, vision, multiple cuts making people miss, excellent speed. He just needs to add weight to his frame, but he's a TRUE freshman. We have a great backfield.

Franklin coming in could be a beast as well. He needs to increase his foot speed.

Advertisement
Physical stats aren’t everything for an RB.

Vision
Balance
Feet
Power/Leg Drive
Acceleration
Then comes size and speed.

That is offset by the fact that these backs are running in a spread offense with zone read concepts.
Wow... power/leg drive and acceleration aren’t about power and speed. What are you smoking 😂😂😂

Cam’ron and Chaney are both good...but we need a home run hitter out of the backfield to really take the next step. Now that we know Knighton ain’t the guy, is there any big time recruit we are getting that can fill this role?
HUH?

Lmao. This doofus comes out of hiding to drop this nugget?
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Advertisement
is this even real life? Chaneys running style reminds me of Gore, and knighton has shown to be one of our most explosive players. What am i missing here?

Don't forget he's had 11 catches 135 yards and a touchdown. Some freshman wear down over a long season. His run he fumbled on was a good run. If he wouldn't of fumbled he probably would've had made some plays. They definitely wanted to build his confidence on Saturday. Hopefully he gains 10 lbs and runs a little lower
Lol he had like 80 yards on one catch

Advertisement
Wow... power/leg drive and acceleration aren’t about power and speed. What are you smoking 😂😂😂

Sure.

Emmit smith for example had great balance, leg drive but he was slow.

Remember Amp Lee? He was a guy that could accelerate through the hole with the quickness but was not fast straight line

Then there are guys like Donnel Bennett, Stephen McGuire who ran powerfully and have decent feet but are slow.

Giovanni Bernard was like emmit low to the ground and great balance but not really fast

A lot of great backs don’t need top end great speed. Power in running is not the same as power running a 40 yard dash. It’s about running through arm tackles. It’s about falling forward with good lean every time you are tackled. It’s about staying on balance and not necessarily falling when hit in the thighs.

lol. There are plenty of great backs that don’t run 4.4 or long jump 7 feet.

You obviously never played or watched a lot of football.

Last edited:
Looked more into Knighton

take away UAB game and he’s got 43 carries for 150 (3.4 ypc vs ACC). He does have 135 total yards receiving with 75 yards on 1 play (10 catches for 60 yards is the rest).

The other issue besides not passing the eye test are his kick returns. I blame the ST coach here but man Knighton just shows no elusiveness in his returns.

Lol he had like 80 yards on one catch
So it doesn't count? That's how rbs catching passes works. Most of them are short and once in awhile they break one. So let's hold it against him for catching a 75 yard touchdown. Only on canes insight is someone gonna complain about a 75 yard catch lol

Advertisement
So it doesn't count? That's how rbs catching passes works. Most of them are short and once in awhile they break one. So let's hold it against him for catching a 75 yard touchdown. Only on canes insight is someone gonna complain about a 75 yard catch lol

Que?

Looked more into Knighton

take away UAB game and he’s got 43 carries for 150 (3.4 ypc vs ACC). He does have 135 total yards receiving with 75 yards on 1 play (10 catches for 60 yards is the rest).

The other issue besides not passing the eye test are his kick returns. I blame the ST coach here but man Knighton just shows no elusiveness in his returns.
Take away all your good plays and then look at the numbers argument 😂😂😂
Good one! If u take away all of kings tds he has none and sucks I guess. Knighton earned those yards. This is embarrassing

Sure.

Emmit smith for example had great balance, leg drive but he was slow.

Remember Amp Lee? He was a guy that could accelerate through the hole with the quickness but was not fast straight line

Then there are guys like Donnel Bennett, Stephen McGuire who ran powerfully and have decent feet but are slow.

Giovanni Bernard was like emmit low to the ground and great balance but not really fast

A lot of great backs don’t need top end great speed. Power in running is not the same as power running a 40 yard dash. It’s about running through arm tackles. It’s about falling forward with good lean every time you are tackled. It’s about staying on balance and not necessarily falling when hit in the thighs.

lol. There are plenty of great backs that don’t run 4.4 or long jump 7 feet.

You obviously never played or watched a lot of football.
You’re an idiot. I’m sure Don could overcome physical deficiencies, but he has none. There are things like shuttle times, 40’s, 100’s, 200’s, verts, squats, gpa, act’s, sat’s and numerous other metrics to address just about everything you’ve mentioned outside of “vision”. Your “leg drive” is what squats, vert and high jump measure. You’ve never played football and I’ll guess never worked out a day in your life too. 😂 If you had done either well, you’d know why a 600 pound back squat, for an 18 year old at 205 MATTERS. Maybe you don’t know the difference between cam always bouncing outside, rooster dancing and Don always hitting the designed hole and adjusting after. Find a RBU coach and let him explain why this matters. He’ll start by explaining how one is smarter than the other two. Please stfu I’m blown away by your ignorance. You’re making up your own arguments and posting things EVERYONE knows about backs. 😂 no one said a 4.4 or high jump was the end all be all. Reading comprehension is a skill set you lack. Don’s skill set is ELITE, because he doesn’t lack any of the deficiencies you’ve mentioned. He’s ELITE in every measurable you’ve mentioned 😂 That’s a big deal. Maybe talk to Don sometime or his coaches and they’ll explain how this football thing works for you. Fwiw you’ve literally pointed out “measurable” in your argument against yourself. When you talk to Don JR he’ll tell you he’s going to train with a “feet” expert this off season. There are measurable’s for those too. I’ll let him know you send your regards. One last point. If you’ve “watched” you’ve hopefully figured out, Don is our best, most complete, durable and competent back right now. Yeah, it’s as obvious as anything outside of your ignorance

Last edited:
Advertisement
You’re an idiot. I’m sure Don could overcome physical deficiencies, but he has none. There are things like shuttle times, 40’s, 100’s, 200’s, verts, squats, gpa, act’s, sat’s and numerous other metrics to address just about everything you’ve mentioned outside of “vision”. Your “leg drive” is what squats, vert and high jump measure. You’ve never played football and I’ll guess never worked out a day in your life too. 😂 If you had done either well, you’d know why a 600 pound back squat, for an 18 year old at 205 MATTERS. Maybe you don’t know the difference between cam always bouncing outside, rooster dancing and Don always hitting the designed hole and adjusting after. Find a RBU coach and let him explain why this matters. He’ll start by explaining how one is smarter than the other two. Please stfu I’m blown away by your ignorance. You’re making up your own arguments and posting things EVERYONE knows about backs. 😂 no one said a 4.4 or high jump was the end all be all. Reading comprehension is a skill set you lack. Don’s skill set is ELITE, because he doesn’t lack any of the deficiencies you’ve mentioned. He’s ELITE in every measurable you’ve mentioned 😂 That’s a big deal. Maybe talk to Don sometime or his coaches and they’ll explain how this football thing works for you. Fwiw you’ve literally pointed out “measurable” in your argument against yourself. When you talk to Don JR he’ll tell you he’s going to train with a “feet” expert this off season. There are measurable’s for those too. I’ll let him know you send your regards. One last point. If you’ve “watched” you’ve hopefully figured out, Don is our best, most complete, durable and competent back right now. Yeah, it’s as obvious as anything outside of your ignorance
Lol. How did Heisman Don do on 4th and 1?

Soft as fanboys in here.

Do you anything about football...We are deep at that position...Our backs didn't give up 550 rushing yards...Chaney and Knighton will be real good.....please do t make crazy drastic comments!!!!!

Advertisement
Back