We need a big time Rb

jmiller

Redshirt Freshman
Lack of a big time running back hurt us last night imo. A&M wasn't afraid of Parrish or Rooster and just said you guys can get your little yards but we're not gonna let Tvd get off on us. They dropped 7 & 8 into coverage without any fear of our running backs beating them. If we would of had a Duke Johnson last night no way would they of been able to drop that many into coverage.

Advertisement
1663513289115.png

Chaney is that dude when healthy. Sadly he isn’t and hasn’t been able to stay it. Parrish and rooster are nice but they are RB3 types. Chaney and citizen are the bell cows you want running the ball.

Advertisement
Advertisement
How you come away with this take after watching this game?

Well, because I watched the game. A&M was content with letting Parrish and Rooster have a few yard gains knowing they weren't gonna break a 60 yard touchdown on them. So they played coverage. No different than what the Bucs did to the chiefs a couple years ago in the superbowl. They didn't fear any running back on the chiefs.

Well, because I watched the game. A&M was content with letting Parrish and Rooster have a few yard gains knowing they weren't gonna break a 60 yard touchdown on them. So they played coverage. No different than what the Bucs did to the chiefs a couple years ago in the superbowl. They didn't fear any running back on the chiefs.

Correct. Parrish and rooster are nice running backs but defense don’t need to game plan against them in the running game.

Parrish is solid and Rooster has some giddy up but when you see them one on one with safety multiple times and they cant make them miss or trip on their feet when they see daylight (BOTH parrish and Rooster did this) then it hurts you because we cant manufacture explosive plays (combine that with no game breaking speed WR, yikes)

Saw the #1 5 star RB go one on one with SEC defender and you see the difference immediately. "He even, he is leavin"

Advertisement
I think I hear what you’re saying. With this type of offense, an RB that can make house calls would make things much easier. However, Parrish and Knighton ran great last night and should be praised for their efforts.

You do realize Rooster was a shoelace from breaking about 3 of these runs right. Never iml have I’ve seen or heard a porster or d coordinator suggest letting an offense average 5+ yards a carry because he was not afraid of them breaking a 60 yarder. You wild for this my guy…

Parrish is way better than a lot of you give him credit for. Horrible take btw.

Call me when you see him break for 50 or 60 yards against a solid team. I like Parrish but he doesn't put fear into any team enough to stop them from putting 7 or 8 into coverage

Advertisement
You do realize Rooster was a shoelace from breaking about 3 of these runs right. Never iml have I’ve seen or heard a porster or d coordinator suggest letting an offense average 5+ yards a carry because he was not afraid of them breaking a 60 yarder. You wild for this my guy…
He is ALWAYS a shoelace away, he needs to keep his balance!!

Advertisement
Back