We must crush FIU

Why have I heard this before.... sleep on any team especially after a bye week and it seems we **** the bed. One loss or a bad game and all for momentum’s gone...........

Advertisement
There's no reason to refuse HRS. It's a large enough venue and close enough to both schools. Maybe don't agree to play if they're going to be difficult about the location. It's going to be crappy for the fans and anyone who runs out the back of that end zone.

Then again, I'm not an AD, but I dont picture Jankovich or Dee booking this schedule.
FIU is a program of *** clowns with clown asses.

I knew Sam Jankovich. Blake James is no Sam Jankovich.

Advertisement
OP is feeling himself.
And his ********
tenor-7.gif

Advertisement
Really don't see the big deal. Adds a little interest to an otherwise routine blowout.

don't see the big deal? lol. new cane fan I guess. that site is hallowed ground. now its a baseball stadium. what a slap in the face to have us play there. obviously you have not seen how the football field is setup. the likelihood a player who catches a td at the back of the end zone going full speed to have a serious injury is unbelievably high...

There's no reason to refuse HRS. It's a large enough venue and close enough to both schools. Maybe don't agree to play if they're going to be difficult about the location. It's going to be crappy for the fans and anyone who runs out the back of that end zone.

Then again, I'm not an AD, but I dont picture Jankovich or Dee booking this schedule.

dee let the players choose their own coach lol.

but, FIU was being pretty difficult with this. im fine with it at Marlins Park since the ballpark is nice, but the sight lines will suck. this is more of a FIU thinking theyre bigger than they are type thing

don't see the big deal? lol. new cane fan I guess. that site is hallowed ground. now its a baseball stadium. what a slap in the face to have us play there. obviously you have not seen how the football field is setup. the likelihood a player who catches a td at the back of the end zone going full speed to have a serious injury is unbelievably high...

same school that contracted a firm to build a terrible bridge that collapsed. based on davis and his comments, hes not thrilled with Um and is salty. thats why were playing there

I've been going to Canes games for nearly 40 years and have had season tix for 25 so no, I'm not a new Canes fan.

As for all the hallowed ground and slap in the face talk, get over it. The OB is gone and never coming back. If that's what FIU's reasoning was, some type of backhanded insult, it's not only stupid, but it's going to back fire when we bury Butch and his team there next week.

And as far as injury goes, when is the last time you went to Hard Rock? SInce the renovations the back of the endzone has been slashed to the point where there's not a ton of difference.

Advertisement

I stated in another post that we shouldn’t be scheduling them in football, ever again. But this being at the baseball stadium is 100% on them. We offered hard rock and they said no. Mind you we offered it with them as the home team, of course. With all the home team perks.

I would agree that it should’ve been codified in the contract that it had to be at hard rock for both games. We just don’t need to be doing home and home with this particular team. We could do it with other higher level or bigger name G5 teams like Houston for example, but not Toledo, Arkansas State, App State, or FIU... Unless we absolutely have no choice. Remember we have to get our 2 G5‘s most every year, just like every other P5

I stated in another post that we shouldn’t be scheduling them in football, ever again. But this being at the baseball stadium is 100% on them. We offered hard rock and they said no. Mind you we offered it with them as the home team, of course. With all the home team perks.

I would agree that it should’ve been codified in the contract that it had to be at hard rock for both games. We just don’t need to be doing home and home with this particular team. We could do it with other higher level or bigger name G5 teams like Houston for example, but not Toledo, Arkansas State, App State, or FIU... Unless we absolutely have no choice. Remember we have to get our 2 G5‘s most every year, just like every other P5
I'm actually good with the G5 situation. It used to be FAMU or Bethune. It just seems like our OOC has been abnormally bad lately. I guess I should be happy at least we have Mich St in 2020 and Alabama in 2021.

I'm actually good with the G5 situation. It used to be FAMU or Bethune. It just seems like our OOC has been abnormally bad lately. I guess I should be happy at least we have Mich St in 2020 and Alabama in 2021.

We've played Notre Dame, The Turds and LSU the last three seasons, with Michigan State, Texas A&M and Bama on the horizon. The bad games have been bad, but the good ones are really good.

Advertisement

Our OOC is the same as 95% or more of the P5 teams.

Usually 2 G5’s, one FCS, plus our conference schedule. We can’t help how our conference schedule looks, because that’s a conference we are in and that’s not changing. It is what it is.

If you go to the FBS schedule sites, just look through a few years for different teams, you’ll see what I mean.

Out here in Austin the only quality OOC opponents that UT played between 1999-2017 was Ohio State. The rest of the time, the OOC schedule was a regular diet of Rice, North Texas, Sam Houston State, and New Mexico. Texas was guaranteed 4 wins to start the year during Mack Brown’s tenure

Advertisement
Back