We must crush FIU

Advertisement
HeartyOddballAmericancurl-size_restricted.gif

I stated in another post that we shouldn’t be scheduling them in football, ever again. But this being at the baseball stadium is 100% on them. We offered hard rock and they said no. Mind you we offered it with them as the home team, of course. With all the home team perks.

I would agree that it should’ve been codified in the contract that it had to be at hard rock for both games. We just don’t need to be doing home and home with this particular team. We could do it with other higher level or bigger name G5 teams like Houston for example, but not Toledo, Arkansas State, App State, or FIU... Unless we absolutely have no choice. Remember we have to get our 2 G5‘s most every year, just like every other P5
Exactly...imagine if FIU agreed to be the home team at Hard Rock. Imagine all the Cane fans *****ing and moaning at Blake when they saw all the FIU logos painted on the field. You just can't win with some people. I for one like that it's an easy drive to a road game vs a plane flight to App State. Plus it saves the school a couple hundred grand in travel fees to play a road game so close.

Advertisement
same school that contracted a firm to build a terrible bridge that collapsed. based on davis and his comments, hes not thrilled with Um and is salty. thats why were playing there
In no way...shape or form is he salty at UM....Stop with the untruths...

Advertisement
meanwhile Bama plays Mercer, WCU, Duke, and New Mexico State
I hate the sec slurping, but they kinda have a point. They play LSU, we play UNC. They play Auburn, we play UVA.

That's why our OOC schedule is nonsense. We should really swap one of those patsies for a half way legit team. 2 patsies, 1 decent, 1 good team sounds about right.

I never knew there were so many Blake James defenders.

Are there?

I personally think he sucks, whether Manny ultimately fails or succeeds. Although if Manny fails, he’s done I believe.

He may have gotten lucky with DiMare and basketball is a question mark, so the next two years are crucial for the top 3 sports.

He also does a really poor job promoting other sports other than football.

I was at a restaurant/bar last night with several screens and there happened to be a UM women’s home volleyball game playing on one of the screens.

There were literally zero people in the stands. That embarrassment is on him. That’s a complete failure on his part.

You can’t muster up a couple of hundred people for women’s volleyball? For fūcks sake, finding a few dozen horny frustrated guys on campus can’t be that hard, can it? That’s an athletic department failure, and it’s on him. And that’s one of his many failures in the other sports.

If we want to schedule G5 teams aside form FIU, we have 3 right in state FAU, UCF, USF. Personally I don't think we get that much of playing instate teams but the point is there are better options if you want to keep this relatively local.

Advertisement
I hate the sec slurping, but they kinda have a point. They play LSU, we play UNC. They play Auburn, we play UVA.

That's why our OOC schedule is nonsense. We should really swap one of those patsies for a half way legit team. 2 patsies, 1 decent, 1 good team sounds about right.

I don’t agree.

Scheduling is done many years ahead of time. How do we know what the status of other ACC teams will be 6-10 years down the road.

Auburn is now some juggernaut? LOL

Also, look at our schedule the next several years. No reason to complain.

Let's see how long LSU’s little run lasts, btw. The over/under is 2 years.

Nope. Keep doing exactly what virtually every other P5 team does.

And finally, if you don’t like how our OOC schedule looks, it’s 100% UFailure’s fault.

If the turds would consent to play us every year we would have two P5 OOC’s every year, something which 95% of the P5 teams WON’T do.

Advertisement
Are there?

I personally think he sucks, whether Manny ultimately fails or succeeds. Although if Manny fails, he’s done I believe.

He may have gotten lucky with DiMare and basketball is a question mark, so the next two years are crucial for the top 3 sports.

He also does a really poor job promoting other sports other than football.

I was at a restaurant/bar last night with several screens and there happened to be a UM women’s home volleyball game playing on one of the screens.

There were literally zero people in the stands. That embarrassment is on him. That’s a complete failure on his part.

You can’t muster up a couple of hundred people for women’s volleyball? For fūcks sake, finding a few dozen horny frustrated guys on campus can’t be that hard, can it? That’s an athletic department failure, and it’s on him. And that’s one of his many failures in the other sports.
Lol no one at Miami is going to vbb on a Friday night. They’re at montys and then out

Yes. Hard enough to get students there at a noon football game. Fridays were montys happy hour and then dinner nap then out.

So did I. Plenty of students on campus at 7 PM on a Friday. I’m guessing the game probably started at 6 or 630.

If I was going out, I never even thought about going out until 9 PM, usually later.

Zero excuse for the athletic department on this. We’re literally talking about getting a hundred or so people in the stands.

Advertisement
Back