We Might As Well Go After Ronald Delancy III

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nice kid, but getting bodies on the roster who aren't Miami-caliber isn't the answer to the CB recruiting problem.

Advertisement
He's not Miami-Caliber??? So Ivey and Blades are better?
Forget what you see on the field now. Ivey seemed like a good take coming out of high school because he had very similar measurables to Rumph when he came out of high school. Ivey just hasn't taken that next step. Blades, from day one, was always believed to be a better safety than corner by many.

Forget what you see on the field now. Ivey seemed like a good take coming out of high school because he had very similar measurables to Rumph when he came out of high school. Ivey just hasn't taken that next step. Blades, from day one, was always believed to be a better safety than corner by many.
Forget what I see now???? That's the only thing that matters now! Those guys have had enough time to live up to the least amount of standards and they haven't. Now I do think Blades is more Miami caliber than Ivey but that's not saying much at all based on production.

Advertisement
Forget what I see now???? That's the only thing that matters now! Those guys have had enough time to live up to the least amount of standards and they haven't. Now I do think Blades is more Miami caliber than Ivey but that's not saying much at all based on production.
You're conflating 2 separate arguments. Delancy isn't Miami-caliber now, so we shouldn't recruit him or other guys who are low P5 or G5 level just so we have guys on scholarship. That doesn't solve the problem of having enough guys in the room. It's no point to have guys in the room who can't be counted on to play meaningful snaps. Ivey & Blades were both Miami-caliber coming out of HS, so they were good takes. But, the next step has to be taken so they become productive. Blades is decent as a corner, but he appears to have hit his ceiling at that position. Ivey has his head in the clouds half the time. There's a development problem there.

Btw, the same development issue is happening with safeties. However, we're getting numbers in that room, but point me to the guy who's gotten better since they got to Miami.

How about because he was so horrible at CB that Nebraska moved him back to safety...

Advertisement
You're conflating 2 separate arguments. Delancy isn't Miami-caliber now, so we shouldn't recruit him or other guys who are low P5 or G5 level just so we have guys on scholarship. That doesn't solve the problem of having enough guys in the room. It's no point to have guys in the room who can't be counted on to play meaningful snaps. Ivey & Blades were both Miami-caliber coming out of HS, so they were good takes. But, the next step has to be taken so they become productive. Blades is decent as a corner, but he appears to have hit his ceiling at that position. Ivey has his head in the clouds half the time. There's a development problem there.

Btw, the same development issue is happening with safeties. However, we're getting numbers in that room, but point me to the guy who's gotten better since they got to Miami.
I see your points.

Advertisement
Back