We lost Cole to WV now could we lose Irvin to the gators?

Trob is a terrible coach get a clue

Matt Elam and Vernon Hargreaves say hai.

Oh, sure fire 5 star talent at DB who would've been studs anywhere they played in the country? Gotcha

Tracy Howard and Deon Bush were 5 and 4 stars respectively...are we throwing parade's for them? They're decent college DB's right now.

When's the last time Miami had a decent safety?

I'm not even saying T Rob is some elite DB coach but you're ****ing drunk if you think he isn't better than Paul ****ing Williams.

Let’s get back to this statement. You are influencing top recruits away from Miami. I don’t care if you go to Miami games or not. If you cheer when they score touchdowns, buy Miami gear, or what not. What you are doing is clearly something that RIVAL teams, fans, and coaches do, not Miami fans. Instead of leaving Tim’s college choice as a decision that you can choose to stay out of, you involve yourself in trying influence away from Miami.

Tim playing for T-Rob and Muschamp? What makes you think that they will be there for Tim’s full college career? What if they leave/get fired and Tim has to play for someone else who doesn’t fit Tim’s style. What if Golden gets fired next year and is replaced by Butch? There is too much uncertainty to be all-in on Florida over Miami over the next four years.

You make it seem like our player development is terrible. The worst. However, it’s not. There is a lot to be improved, but a player’s shot at making the NFL are just as good playing at Miami as playing for any other school. Jed Fisch coached Allen Hurns for two years and is now the offensive coordinator for the Jaguars. In last year’s draft, the Jaguars selected two receivers, but didn’t take Hurns. Why? Did Jed Fisch feel Allen Hurns was developed poorly, even though he was the one developing him at Miami?

NFL million dollar contract money is made during a player’s second and third contract, not the first.

I am not on the Golden bandwagon, but I am not throwing in the towel. We are coming off sanctions and we need more talent and more playmakers. I want to watch the best talent, and especially local talent play for our school.

This guy again...

I don't influence anyone. That being said I made a comment that hadn't been made to him already. That he'd be doing himself a disservice coming and playing for this staff when he has the chance to guy play for real big time coaches. Never once have I said to anyone "go to UF".

What makes you think GoRlden will get fired much less our admin hiring a legit coach?

Miami's player development is a joke, I stand by that completely and anyone who's been following this program for longer than 5 years can tell you that.

Ur not a Cane fan, slap ur self a FOH, troll!

Sweet double post you mouth breathing troglodyte.

"Not a Canes fan" blah blah blah you GoRlden lovers will never learn.

Advertisement
Matt Elam and Vernon Hargreaves say hai.

Oh, sure fire 5 star talent at DB who would've been studs anywhere they played in the country? Gotcha

Tracy Howard and Deon Bush were 5 and 4 stars respectively...are we throwing parade's for them? They're decent college DB's right now.

I'm not even saying T Rob is some elite DB coach but you're ****ing drunk if you think he isn't better than Paul ****ing Williams.

Let’s get back to this statement. You are influencing top recruits away from Miami. I don’t care if you go to Miami games or not. If you cheer when they score touchdowns, buy Miami gear, or what not. What you are doing is clearly something that RIVAL teams, fans, and coaches do, not Miami fans. Instead of leaving Tim’s college choice as a decision that you can choose to stay out of, you involve yourself in trying influence away from Miami.

Tim playing for T-Rob and Muschamp? What makes you think that they will be there for Tim’s full college career? What if they leave/get fired and Tim has to play for someone else who doesn’t fit Tim’s style. What if Golden gets fired next year and is replaced by Butch? There is too much uncertainty to be all-in on Florida over Miami over the next four years.

You make it seem like our player development is terrible. The worst. However, it’s not. There is a lot to be improved, but a player’s shot at making the NFL are just as good playing at Miami as playing for any other school. Jed Fisch coached Allen Hurns for two years and is now the offensive coordinator for the Jaguars. In last year’s draft, the Jaguars selected two receivers, but didn’t take Hurns. Why? Did Jed Fisch feel Allen Hurns was developed poorly, even though he was the one developing him at Miami?

NFL million dollar contract money is made during a player’s second and third contract, not the first.

I am not on the Golden bandwagon, but I am not throwing in the towel. We are coming off sanctions and we need more talent and more playmakers. I want to watch the best talent, and especially local talent play for our school.

This guy again...

I don't influence anyone. That being said I made a comment that hadn't been made to him already. That he'd be doing himself a disservice coming and playing for this staff when he has the chance to guy play for real big time coaches. Never once have I said to anyone "go to UF".

What makes you think GoRlden will get fired much less our admin hiring a legit coach?

Miami's player development is a joke, I stand by that completely and anyone who's been following this program for longer than 5 years can tell you that.

Stfu...it's about the team and always will be about the team; coaches can and will be replaced...so y in dee blue **** would u try to clear out the cupboard and not try to restock for the next guy, u idiot of a tool?! FOH w ur simplistic, thinking, troll. Frustrations should NEVER allow u to turn ur back on ur team, and that's y I said ur not a real fan, and I'm sure ur a gaytor trolling us anyway.

Im sorry but why tf is this thread still going? It's not about the recruits on the **** Recruiting Board it's just another ******* who is so desperate to rip Golden that he uses a recruit to lead to a coaching staff bash session. If you want to talk about the coaching staff so badly keep that **** on the other board please!

This guy again...

Stfu...it's about the team and always will be about the team; coaches can and will be replaced...so y in dee blue **** would u try to clear out the cupboard and not try to restock for the next guy, u idiot of a tool?! FOH w ur simplistic, thinking, troll. Frustrations should NEVER allow u to turn ur back on ur team, and that's y I said ur not a real fan, and I'm sure ur a gaytor trolling us anyway.

McNabb.gif

Why the extremes? Player development is above average. Nothing special, but not a joke. We have been losing the recruiting battle for the last 5 years. That's why we haven't been having top draft picks over this time period. You really want to compare our recruiting classes vs Alabama, LSU, Florida, Florida State over this time period? Lets swap recruiting classes and see how we do. Our defensive line talent over this time period is flat out below average. Nobody could develop the defensive lineman we have had into 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd round picks (excluding Vernon). You want to talk about our safeties? Who could have developed Kacy Rodgers or AJ Highsmith into draft picks? Over this time period, this is the least talent we have fielded on a defense since the 1970s.

Since you are a complainer, here are some better things to complain about: Sun Life stadium, Recruiting, Al Golden's game day coaching, Nevin Shapiro, High academic standards for qualifying recruits, Lack of donations and money to improve football operations.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We all know nobody here impressed with the coaching "Coordinators"! Kids watch games too and their "likes" change with what they see on the field. If they watching games with Canes fans they hearing all the negative reactions just like you hear from my buddies and I during games. Funny thing is nobody ever answers the question: "Would you let your 4* + son be coached by D'Nofrio?"

Why the extremes? Player development is above average. Nothing special, but not a joke. We have been losing the recruiting battle for the last 5 years. That's why we haven't been having top draft picks over this time period. You really want to compare our recruiting classes vs Alabama, LSU, Florida, Florida State over this time period? Lets swap recruiting classes and see how we do. Our defensive line talent over this time period is flat out below average. Nobody could develop the defensive lineman we have had into 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd round picks (excluding Vernon). You want to talk about our safeties? Who could have developed Kacy Rodgers or AJ Highsmith into draft picks? Over this time period, this is the least talent we have fielded on a defense since the 1970s.

Since you are a complainer, here are some better things to complain about: Sun Life stadium, Recruiting, Al Golden's game day coaching, Nevin Shapiro, High academic standards for qualifying recruits, Lack of donations and money to improve football operations.

Nevin Shapiro? Don't you understand that we SKATED lol that's over and done with. The university has plenty of money. Our academic standards are just fine, look at ******* Stanford, USC, UCLA etc. they're doing just fine with high academic standards.

Sun Life, after the renovations will be much better although nothing will replace the OB.

GoRlden's gameday coaching is trash, just like every other aspect of his coaching ability.

We all know nobody here impressed with the coaching "Coordinators"! Kids watch games too and their "likes" change with what they see on the field. If they watching games with Canes fans they hearing all the negative reactions just like you hear from my buddies and I during games. Funny thing is nobody ever answers the question: "Would you let your 4* + son be coached by D'Nofrio?"

Answer that question. Unbiased, love for Miami football aside would you let Golden, D'Onofrio and Paul Williams coach your son if he had the chance to play at Bama, LSU, USC, UCLA, FSU, Texas or Miami?

I'm talking strictly DB's right now because its the weakest area on the team. I have hope at LB now that Barrow is gone and Hurlie is here.

Nevin Shapiro? Don't you understand that we SKATED lol that's over and done with. The university has plenty of money. Our academic standards are just fine, look at ******* Stanford, USC, UCLA etc. they're doing just fine with high academic standards.

Sun Life, after the renovations will be much better although nothing will replace the OB.

GoRlden's gameday coaching is trash, just like every other aspect of his coaching ability.

Answer that question. Unbiased, love for Miami football aside would you let Golden, D'Onofrio and Paul Williams coach your son if he had the chance to play at Bama, LSU, USC, UCLA, FSU, Texas or Miami?

I'm talking strictly DB's right now because its the weakest area on the team. I have hope at LB now that Barrow is gone and Hurlie is here.

UCLA with this staff hasn't really developed any DB's, LSU that's kinda of sore spot seeing as one of the ones that recently came from there Mo. Claiborne can't even start on the COWBOYS a team that needs another CB, the previous week he got blown in coverage by the Rams who Wideouts aren't that good, Honey Badger has great instincts you can't teach that at all, Tharold Simon hasn't done much in the league for the 2 years he's been in the league, Eric Reed has been good so far in the league, Brandon Taylor was cut by the Chargers this offseason, Patrick Peterson cmon the kid is ELECTRIC, and Chad Jones who isn't in the league anymore. That's 4 out 7 DBs that were drafted into the league if my math serves me right that is 57% who haven't been good in the league. USC last recent staff hasn't really put in DBs in the league besides the kid on the Bills so thats a moot point. Bama I love Nick Saban, but Nick from when Saban took over in 2007 (Not including the players he coached for a year or two) the last couple years hasn't really put much DBs into the league that excelled, Dre Kirkpatrick who hasn't really made a impact so far in three years (Lester had has many INTs in his rookie year has Dre does his whole career), Mark Barron has been good for the Bucs at the safety spot, DeQuan Menzie spent about three to four years in the league and just retired this off-season, Javier Arenas who hasn't made a impact on the league besides as a punt returner for a short while, Dee Milliner has been alright for the Jets, Robert Lester had a good to alright rookie year but got cut by the Panthers this off season, this isn't including Vinnie and Ha-Ha so they don't count towards the percentage. So we're talking about 3 or 4 (depending on how you want to look at it) out of 6 so that's around 50%.

UCLA with this staff hasn't really developed any DB's, LSU that's kinda of sore spot seeing as one of the ones that recently came from there Mo. Claiborne can't even start on the COWBOYS a team that needs another CB, the previous week he got blown in coverage by the Rams who Wideouts aren't that good, Honey Badger has great instincts you can't teach that at all, Tharold Simon hasn't done much in the league for the 2 years he's been in the league, Eric Reed has been good so far in the league, Brandon Taylor was cut by the Chargers this offseason, Patrick Peterson cmon the kid is ELECTRIC, and Chad Jones who isn't in the league anymore. That's 4 out 7 DBs that were drafted into the league if my math serves me right that is 57% who haven't been good in the league. USC last recent staff hasn't really put in DBs in the league besides the kid on the Bills so thats a moot point. Bama I love Nick Saban, but Nick from when Saban took over in 2007 (Not including the players he coached for a year or two) the last couple years hasn't really put much DBs into the league that excelled, Dre Kirkpatrick who hasn't really made a impact so far in three years (Lester had has many INTs in his rookie year has Dre does his whole career), Mark Barron has been good for the Bucs at the safety spot, DeQuan Menzie spent about three to four years in the league and just retired this off-season, Javier Arenas who hasn't made a impact on the league besides as a punt returner for a short while, Dee Milliner has been alright for the Jets, Robert Lester had a good to alright rookie year but got cut by the Panthers this off season, this isn't including Vinnie and Ha-Ha so they don't count towards the percentage. So we're talking about 3 or 4 (depending on how you want to look at it) out of 6 so that's around 50%.

Point taken, now what DB's does Miami have in the NFL right now? Sam Shields, who played 1 year here as a CB under Randy and was turned into a CB by the Packers coaches.

I'd take 3 or 4 over 1/2 of one. Especially with the talent at our disposal.

Advertisement

Nevin Shapiro? Don't you understand that we SKATED lol that's over and done with. The university has plenty of money. Our academic standards are just fine, look at ****ing Stanford, USC, UCLA etc. they're doing just fine with high academic standards.

Point taken, now what DB's does Miami have in the NFL right now? Sam Shields, who played 1 year here as a CB under Randy and was turned into a CB by the Packers coaches.

Mcgee is in the league, you can say ray ray but they changed his position so i dont know if you want to count that

Nevin Shapiro? Don't you understand that we SKATED lol that's over and done with. The university has plenty of money. Our academic standards are just fine, look at ****ing Stanford, USC, UCLA etc. they're doing just fine with high academic standards.

Mcgee is in the league, you can say ray ray but they changed his position so i dont know if you want to count that

Ohh yeah I completly agree with you there and as being a Pack Shields has his bright spot here and there, but we also have Van Dyke (Who I think got drafted because he was the fastest person at the combine, and Al Davis loving speed) then we have B. Harris with the Titans but I'm guessing we would them in with Randy. So that 3/4 right there but really developed by this staff, I see what you're saying though this with their players haven't really developed anyone yet, but also we haven't had anyone from under this staffs recruiting class enter the draft yet. As Morris scouts and personnel man in the league were saying he might have been the best senior coming out the draft, even Jon Gruden said Morris had special arm talent, as well as people saying he looked the best out of anyone in the Manning passing academy.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/7/15/4525922/miami-football-stephen-morris
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-morris-has-look-of-nfl-franchise-quarterback
http://www.si.com/college-football/campus-union/2013/07/16/miami-stephen-morris-nfl

But at the end of the day we want every kid that comes to UM to develop and have a chance at the NFL.

Ohh yeah I completly agree with you there and as being a Pack Shields has his bright spot here and there, but we also have Van Dyke (Who I think got drafted because he was the fastest person at the combine, and Al Davis loving speed) then we have B. Harris with the Titans but I'm guessing we would them in with Randy. So that 3/4 right there but really developed by this staff, I see what you're saying though this with their players haven't really developed anyone yet, but also we haven't had anyone from under this staffs recruiting class enter the draft yet. As Morris scouts and personnel man in the league were saying he might have been the best senior coming out the draft, even Jon Gruden said Morris had special arm talent, as well as people saying he looked the best out of anyone in the Manning passing academy.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/7/15/4525922/miami-football-stephen-morris
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-morris-has-look-of-nfl-franchise-quarterback
http://www.si.com/college-football/campus-union/2013/07/16/miami-stephen-morris-nfl

But at the end of the day we want every kid that comes to UM to develop and have a chance at the NFL.

Plus we havent really had any of goldens guys leave early to the NFL

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back