We Just Got Beat By a Better Team

Advertisement
View attachment 261553

How we lost the game is a matter of discussion but we lost the game. That's how we determine who the better team is. Why else play the game?
Agree on the first part of what you said.
On that given night, they were better.

Second part? Not necessarily.
Unless there’s an explanation on who the better team is, just on results, in round-robin play when team A beats B, B beats C, and C beats A.

We’ll see as the season plays out.

Look we lost. UNC is just better than we are right now. If we played them 10 times they would win 9. They have an elite QB, an elite WR. We could not stop that combo because our guys are not on that level.

We absolutely sucked last year. We have improved this year and i think we continue to get better as the season ages. Like it or not we are moving in the right direction. Lay of TVD. We would be so ****ed if we did not have him it would not even be funny.
Once a Mario Slurper always a Mario Slurper, and we are to believe GT is better!

There’s a group on here that doesn’t truly get what we’ve become. We’ve lost to UNC the last 5 times we’ve played. At this point we’re like a playoff game for Middle Tennessee and the Super Bowl for FIU. 😂
if anything we should be treating UNC as our Super Bowl and **** we did in the week leading up to the game. we put all the pressure on as the biggest game of the year

I said 9 wins would be a great year after the abortion of a season we had last year. We lost one we shouldn’t have but we also won one most people pegged as a sure L. Clemson is a good team but they can be had. We win that game and and the season outlook gets better.

Advertisement
Not after 3 in a row.... He loses the team that could be nasty as well.

C'mon, dude!! Have you never heard of this expression?

"Never take a man's hope. Sometimes that's all he has left."

Why would you do that to me?

Sad Cartoon GIF

Look we lost. UNC is just better than we are right now. If we played them 10 times they would win 9. They have an elite QB, an elite WR. We could not stop that combo because our guys are not on that level.

We absolutely sucked last year. We have improved this year and i think we continue to get better as the season ages. Like it or not we are moving in the right direction. Lay of TVD. We would be so ****ed if we did not have him it would not even be funny.
💯

They are not an unbeatable juggernaut, please stop with this stuff.

We lost this game because we always lose at least twice, and this time, the guys who are paid to refocus the team and move forward were the very reason we lost in the first place.

The GT game was a cluster**** and a huge distraction. The entire program was answering questions about it all week.

How many times do we see an opponent lose the prior week, but show up and play a much better game against us? (Hint: We're in the ACC, these teams lose a lot!)

Why do you think that happens? We like to think it's because, "we're Miami," but these kids have only known us since the Al Golden era, we're nothing special. It's called COACHING.

What we needed to do was over-prepare and play a focused and disciplined football game. Instead, we did the same old ****. You cannot tell me we prepared for UNC at the same level we did TAMU, coaches or players.

Maye is a great player, he was always going to get his, but we gave up 2 TD on 3rd and mile and fumbled away a TD run of our own.

UNC has a good staff, they would make adjustments and get theirs, too, but their team also played a pretty sloppy game and gifted us 150 yards in penalties. What did we do? Gave it right back.

Here are the ways in which we ****ed up things. These are all unforced errors that had nothing to do with UNC:

Penalties. How many times do we need to see our guys flagged for ticky-tack nonsense after a play? Make you play and walk away or you're going to sit. Discipline!

How many times do we need to see our DBs bite on underneath routes when the sticks are 20 yards away? Two TDs with over 15 yards to go. Situational awareness! Coaching, discipline, focus.

You've been preparing all week, you're in the red zone, get your sub packages ready and within earshot! Focus!

The interior of their OL was ripe to be had, where did our run fits and discipline go? How the f--- are guys taking plays off when we're desperate for a win?We were incredibly sloppy and undisciplined against the run.

Their defense has 3 to 4 players that will get a look from the NFL, that's not too steep a hill to climb, unless you don't challenge at all. They sat on everything TVD has hit over the middle, but how about releasing one of these two TEs you insist on having in the formation? You know, like to break a tendency or something? Or, you know people read your RB depth as a key, so maybe use that against them once or twice? Preparation, coaching.

Overall, we had vulnerabilities which make them a challenge, there is no doubt, but they aren't some elite team that is going to beat us 9 out of 10 times if our coaches do their **** jobs so we stop gifting people points and yardage. It's insane.

Low testosterone is a real *** thing!!

Unc is not unbeatable. They should of been beat by App state.

This **** is so far from what the canes were when I became a fan in the early 90s.

Advertisement
It's not that we lost; it's how we lost. It was humiliating. The performance in the second half was lifeless and defeated.

If we had busted our behind and just got beat, fine. It happens. They have a top 5 pick on their team and we don't. A loss wasn't surprising. But how you lose matters. And you just can't disregard what at least my eyes told me about our performance.

Advertisement
Back