We Just Got Beat By a Better Team

Southbeach44

Sophomore
Premium
Look we lost. UNC is just better than we are right now. If we played them 10 times they would win 9. They have an elite QB, an elite WR. We could not stop that combo because our guys are not on that level.

We absolutely sucked last year. We have improved this year and i think we continue to get better as the season ages. Like it or not we are moving in the right direction. Lay of TVD. We would be so ****ed if we did not have him it would not even be funny.

Advertisement
Sad Mask GIF by Pudgy Penguins

They were missing a very good receiver also. Let’s be honest for a second. Since we beat these guys in 2018, they have owned us. And for a variety of reasons. But the biggest? Quarterback play and their skill guys are so far and away better than ours and better than our back 7 defenders. Think about their skill guys and how they’ve crushed us over the years. And they had Sam Howell and drake maye. An nfl starter and a probably top 3 pick. And we’ve had bad coaching. Plus we are their Super Bowl for some reason.

Advertisement
Look we lost. UNC is just better than we are right now. If we played them 10 times they would win 9. They have an elite QB, an elite WR. We could not stop that combo because our guys are not on that level.

We absolutely sucked last year. We have improved this year and i think we continue to get better as the season ages. Like it or not we are moving in the right direction. Lay of TVD. We would be so ****ed if we did not have him it would not even be funny.

We did get beat by a better team but I don't think we are giving ourselves the best chance to compete (several readons for that) and there is a very real possibility that we spiral down the rest of the season. Nothing is absolute so we shall see how it goes.
If you want to find some hope look at where everyone's new favorite coach prison Mike was in his second year....some really embarrassing loses...having said that that it doesn't mean Mario will turn it around either. So there is that.

Advertisement
What has improved from last year? One game against A&M? They’ll likely be a 7 win team maybe 6. You replace the MTSU loss with a loss to GT and nothing is different except the passing game is better. But instead of a backup not being able to complete a forward pass, we have TVD throwing for 250+ and multiple picks every game.

What has improved from last year? One game against A&M? They’ll likely be a 7 win team maybe 6. You replace the MTSU loss with a loss to GT and nothing is different except the passing game is better. But instead of a backup not being able to complete a forward pass, we have TVD throwing for 250+ and multiple picks every game.
Well we blew out a G5 team who is 5-1 and pretty good instead of getting our asses whooped like last year to MTSU. We beat A&M instead of losing to them. We are actually scoring points and racking up yards. I think lots of things have changed in regards to last year. This **** is gonna take some time. We were so bad last year. Just got to keep improving and keep recruiting.

Well we blew out a G5 team who is 5-1 and pretty good instead of getting our asses whooped like last year to MTSU. We beat A&M instead of losing to them. We are actually scoring points and racking up yards. I think lots of things have changed in regards to last year. This **** is gonna take some time. We were so bad last year. Just got to keep improving and keep recruiting.
You can put lipstick on a pig and it’s still a pig. Box scores don’t matter. Wins and losses matter. This team is 1-2 against P5 opponents. That MTSU loss is no different that the GT loss.

Advertisement

More speed too...our D couldn’t keep up in the 2nd half.

You can put lipstick on a pig and it’s still a pig. Box scores don’t matter. Wins and losses matter. This team is 1-2 against P5 opponents. That MTSU loss is no different that the GT loss.
That's my point. We are still a pig. We suck. We are going to lose to good teams because we are not good. At least we have lipstick this year. We didnt have any last year. I think we are better than last year by a lot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back