We Just Got Beat By a Better Team

Speaking of better (Mario is 9-9/3-7)
32F43B7C-A44F-4B56-87F2-C74A0333DAEB.jpeg

Advertisement
Many people also forget the coaching braintrust and how that helps. You listen to MANY UNC fans and they were kinda frustrated with Longo and his ability to adjust. Well even listening to Old mack postgame presser and he talked about what they adjusted in offense at halftime and we had absolutely no counter for theirs.. They have not only Chip Lindsey as as OC, but Randy Clements from briles tree at Oline and they did good job there, Kept the passing game coord in Lonnie Galloway, have former NFL HC/OC Freddie Kitchens as TE coach. They have Clyde Christensen as a freakin asst., the guy who worked with Tom Brady and Peyton as their coach.

Have to give Mack Brown props, when he came to UNC he said he wanted to build a very good offense with air raid big 12 principles and he is not afraid to say he wanted AN AIR RAID PASSING GAME. Its not a curse word to him. He wants its and lets it be known, that allows him to recruit QBs even from bama..

I wonder what their splits were from 1st half to 2nd. Still I will say the turnovers did us in but it feels like the defense had no answers second half and they had WR and RB going off, we couldnt take anything away after halftime.

Chip Lindsey
Randy Clements
Freddie Kitchens
Lonnie galloway
with Clyde Christensen

Is a **** of a offensive room, Mack must get alot respect to grab those guys..

“When I was looking at a new guy to come in, I wanted to keep our passing game,” Brown said. “It’s been really good. So I started looking at guys first that had background with the air-raid offense in the passing game.”

“He wants to keep the same passing game with a few tweaks,” Brown said. “He and Drake have tweaked what we’re doing along with Lonnie Galloway, who is our passing game coordinator.”

Advertisement
Look we lost. UNC is just better than we are right now. If we played them 10 times they would win 9. They have an elite QB, an elite WR. We could not stop that combo because our guys are not on that level.

We absolutely sucked last year. We have improved this year and i think we continue to get better as the season ages. Like it or not we are moving in the right direction. Lay of TVD. We would be so ****ed if we did not have him it would not even be funny.

I get it about laying off of TVD, but he had 6 turnovers in the last 2 games. Can’t really ignore it either.

Advertisement
Miami was the better team 3 out of 4 quarters of the game. Poor coaching and lack of discipline is why we lost.
I know he is well liked in these parts but havent seen much mention of Guidry absolutely losing his mind on a possible 4th down play that gave them first down.. wtf was that..

The key asset that UNC has is a QB that is simply better. TVD to Restrepo created yards and td's, but Maye to Walker is a more effective combo.
When we need TVD to kick it up a notch later in a game, he too often ends up turning it over with interceptions... he did it last year and again this year.
Then add in a total of 4 TO's that killed drive and scoring opportunities.
Also, our decent defense is getting overworked every game... we need more scoring drives so they can enjoy the game from the sidelines.

I know he is well liked in these parts but havent seen much mention of Guidry absolutely losing his mind on a possible 4th down play that gave them first down.. wtf was that..
You can take the man out of Welsh, Louisiana, but you can't take Welsh, Louisiana out of the man.

Advertisement
You can put lipstick on a pig and it’s still a pig. Box scores don’t matter. Wins and losses matter. This team is 1-2 against P5 opponents. That MTSU loss is no different that the GT loss.
They don’t ask how… unless it’s the dumbest fudging HC decision ever. Then they ask how AND how many.

All ik is that you don’t score 17pts in a quarter against a team that supposedly has significantly better athletes/talent than you. UNC came out the 2nd, adjusted and executed. UM, don’t know if they adjusted, but they def didn’t execute in the 2nd half.

Look we lost. UNC is just better than we are right now. If we played them 10 times they would win 9. They have an elite QB, an elite WR. We could not stop that combo because our guys are not on that level.

We absolutely sucked last year. We have improved this year and i think we continue to get better as the season ages. Like it or not we are moving in the right direction. Lay of TVD. We would be so ****ed if we did not have him it would not even be funny.
Facts they are better have more dynamic guys in the right spots. How do they find qbs and we can’t find them? I just do not get it how UNC a basketball school finds qbs at the college level.

Advertisement
Facts they are better have more dynamic guys in the right spots. How do they find qbs and we can’t find them? I just do not get it how UNC a basketball school finds qbs at the college level.
Charlotte and the surrounding areas (mainly west of there) produces a good amount of arm talent. Williams came from Shelby, Howell was Indian Trail and Maye was Charlotte.

Maye was a layup. Yes he committed to Bama, but was not gonna go sit behind Young. His brothers were at UNC, and his dad is golfing buddies with Roy Williams. He was delivered on silver platter to Mack.

I can’t answer how they find all these elite RB’s and WR’s. But man are they good at it.

We were better than that team at almost every position besides QB and WR1. A few defensive spots maybe. That's not a good team.

I actually agree with you. They also have an elite running back. UNC is just better then us. Unlike the Ga Tech game I didn't walk away saying we were the better team. UNC had their way with Miami in the 2nd half

We lose to better teams, we lose to bad teams. i said 7-5 but I don’t see another sure win on the schedule. Let alone 3.

Its tough right? We gotta beat Virginia and @BC to give us 6 wins. Then out of Clemson, @NC State, @FSU and Louisville we gotta win 1 to get to 7. Man I don't like our odds at reaching 8 with Wario as the HC but its possible

Advertisement
Back