We interviewed Rhett Lashlee for OC today; expected to interview Robert Anae today as well

Advertisement

This article was in the other Lashlee thread and I thought it was worth reposting here.

If you read this article, he seems more Gus than Sonny D. But how much of that was Gus meddling? If Sonny wanted to run spread and still hired him, that is a plus. And this season's results are a major plus.

I have to think Manny approached him to run the spread, or something closer to what he ran at SMU than what he ran at Auburn. But the Auburn Lashlee offense is probably not what we want here.
I have a suspicion that Manny would like that Gus offense.. Power O in "spread" formation to appease the masses

If scoring 28 is your "off" game then you hope your defense isn't even more off giving up 52.
Did you watch the game, or you just got the points? They scored 14 in garbage time after FAU shut it down and emptied the bench.

He didn't choose to leave... He was emasculated. Who chooses to leave Auburn for UCONN. come on man... You can't spin that. I mean UCONN. If he was sooooo good and it was his choice he wouldn't have landed at UCONN.
Malzan wanted to call plays and run his offense... Malzahn doesn't really trust anyone but himself running his offense. I think he's still calling his own plays lol

People said the same about Enos last year. I want Manny to choose the best OC for Miami, not because a bunch of other schools with different circumstances want him.
That's true and Enos is actually a solid OC with his offense. His offense just didnt fit our players. I have no doubt if he's stayed at bama and ran his offense he's likely a HC right now

Advertisement
1578015750259.png

1578015771436.png

Advertisement
See my response to filmcane... And I live in BAMA and know what Auburn fans think of him and grew up in Arkansas when lashlee was a HS QB under malzahn. Ask yourself this... Why didn't Gus bring his boy back... He went and got Morris. Look if people want Manny fired then he's the right choice.

You left a lot out of the story. I also have family in bama and one is a Auburn booster.

Lashlee only called the plays one year and finished sixth nationally rushing , while losing his starting qb and rb. The qb that was hurt was Shawn white, and he was awful before the injury. The issue with with him and Gus was more schematically, Lashlee wanted to get away from the majority power run offense and use more of the pass. So they went their separate ways, he could’ve stayed as oc but malzahn has always called his own plays. And wanted them back.

So he goes to UConn , takes pay cut to run his own offense, he took over arguably the worst o in the country and they jumped around fifty spots. Every offensive staff jumped significantly. From yards, s&p and plays.

His pass offense at Smu finished number 13, now go look at malzahns pass offenses at Auburn. This year they finished below MIAMI, yes i said MIAMI!!

The proof in the pass game alone is enough to show he’s not malzahn and was one of the reasons for their issues. Auburn has had below average pass games Malzahns entire time as hc. It’s basically techno bowl route concepts.

I figured I’d ad some facts to your post.

Question is how involved is Dykes Because he's an air raid guy so how much of the pass attack can he claim?

Posted these back on December 10th in another thread when his name came up because he answers himself many of the questions Canes are raising. Others have already posted on it, but he did call plays at Auburn. They were probably the ones Malzahn would have wanted called because at the time they seem connected at the hip. When he went to SMU, he did not know the Air Raid offense, but he said he expected he would learn it under Sonny Dykes.

Lashlee meeting the press at SMU

Malzhan (Auburn) speaking on Lashlee as a play caller.

Mic'd for practice

Talks about some of his keys to success amongst other things.

Advertisement
I don’t give a **** why he left Auburn after being there for four seasons.

he improved UConn in a season

year one at SMU their starting QB bounced w Morris to Arkansas. SMU still were solid on offense.

his year, he grabs a transfer who lost starting job at Texas and does pretty ******* well.

I’d rather have Yost, but Lashlee is a solid pickup. Now get some solid position coaches and recruiters.
So he had one good year at SMU and by good year I mean basically getting them back to where they were the year before he arrived. And lol at improving UCONN from 130 out of 130 in ppg to 103 out of 130. Dang the bar must be very low. There was no way to go but up....literally

I don’t give a **** why he left Auburn after being there for four seasons.

he improved UConn in a season

year one at SMU still were solid on offense.
Did SMU starter bounce to Arkansas?

his year, he grabs a transfer who lost starting job at Texas and does pretty ******* well.

I’d rather have Yost, but Lashlee is a solid pickup. Now get some solid position coaches and recruiters.

UConn before he got there was Rutgers on crack

Advertisement
So he had one good year at SMU and by good year I mean basically getting them back to where they were the year before he arrived. And lol at improving UCONN from 130 out of 130 in ppg to 103 out of 130. Dang the bar must be very low. There was no way to go but up....literally

They finished 127 out of 128 teams dude , they jumped to 74, that’s insane. Especially at that dumpster fire.

I am NO Manny apologist, but I respectfully disagree with that take. With the D we have coming back and assuming he replaces Bubba with a competent PK, a decent OC will put up enough points to win 10 games and the Coastal. Now, does Manny have the goods to win the ACC and eventually make it to the playoffs? Totally different question. But, we will be more more talented than all 12 teams on our schedule this season. With improvement in PK and O, he should win at least 9 of those.

Lashlee is going to save manny!!!! Cocaine is a **** of a drug

Advertisement
Back