We interviewed Rhett Lashlee for OC today; expected to interview Robert Anae today as well

Advertisement
It is an uneasy feeling when a man has a handshake softer than any woman I know. I have strong hands, and it feels like squeezing a dead squid. It's like when cat crap squishes between your toes. God, I hate it.
Cat crap between your toes? Does this kinda thing happen often? Cause if seems like it does

I’d much rather play Clemson with space , pace/tempo , wider splits and quick pass game to help the ol than whatever other option there is.

Space and tempo alone is huge , just watch Clemson against unc

Syracuse too.

They are not unbeatable, but we have to get out of our own way and step to the plate to be a sound football team.

Advertisement
Right here we ran a spread and used tempo at times. You lying to yourself if you say he didn't run spread and used tempo at times. I didn't say he used fast break tempo that teams like Auburn and etc. Why go back and forth about what he ran when you can go to youtube and see.

What a surprise we ran spread with tempo 1st drive against UNC 2018. Choose what ever game you want spread and Tempo at times sprinkled throughout.

He should have ran it more. It worked well for us. He abandoned it anytime we made mistake.

Richt’s undoing was the same as Enos’. Predictable play calling and refusal to commit to the quick passing game (Enos wouldn’t commit to the run in favorable down and distances as well).

They both wanted to run and throw deep, but we are not built for that up front. We have to commit to a versatile short passing game to open up the run and deep ball.

Most importantly we have to have the patience to force the defense to come up to stop the short pass and run game and be aware to attack them deep immediately when they do.

Get some better route concepts to quickly beat press coverage to go with those deep routes and we are cooking.

The thing I like about Lashlee is he does this and he goes max protect with two and three receiver plays to make sure he can protect to throw the deep ball.

He should have ran it more. It worked well for us. He abandoned it anytime we made mistake.

Richt’s undoing was the same as Enos’. Predictable play calling and refusal to commit to the quick passing game (Enos wouldn’t commit to the run in favorable down and distances as well).

They both wanted to run and throw deep, but we are not built for that up front. We have to commit to a versatile short passing game to open up the run and deep ball.

Most importantly we have to have the patience to force the defense to come up to stop the short pass and run game and be aware to attack them deep immediately when they do.

Get some better route concepts to quickly beat press coverage to go with those deep routes and we are cooking.

The thing I like about Lashlee is he does this and he goes max protect with two and three receiver plays to make sure he can protect to throw the deep ball.
you can run tempo when u have negative to no gain plays to start drives..Richt incorporated spread with Rosier..it was basic asf tho

you can run tempo when u have negative to no gain plays to start drives..Richt incorporated spread with Rosier..it was basic asf tho

We had so many negative plays because we were so predictable with the inside zone( my favorite run play) and too basic in the screen game.

Run, run, pass, punt didn’t become our motto for nothing.

His rhythm became nonexistent. There was a reason people seriously thought he had/has some age related cognitive disorder trying to creep up.

I loved his philosophy. People tal a lot of **** about Richt, but he had some good **** plays. The problem was the random *** way he called them.

He got N’kosi strip sacked vs FSU in 2018 because he called play action/ rpo BACK TO BACK PLAYS.. You don’t do **** like that, especially with a guy like N’Kosi. The first play he hit a 8-9 yard stop for a favorable second down. Instead of running, he called the SAME PLAY AGAIN and N’Kosi got stripped.

It was a microcosm of what went wrong with the Richt offense.

We had so many negative plays because we were so predictable with the inside zone( my favorite run play) and too basic in the screen game.

Run, run, pass, punt didn’t become our motto for nothing.

His rhythm became nonexistent. There was a reason people seriously thought he had/has some age related cognitive disorder trying to creep up.

I loved his philosophy. People tal a lot of **** about Richt, but he had some good **** plays. The problem was the random *** way he called them.

He got N’kosi strip sacked vs FSU in 2018 because he called play action/ rpo BACK TO BACK PLAYS.. You don’t do **** like that, especially with a guy like N’Kosi. The first play he hit a 8-9 yard stop for a favorable second down. Instead of running, he called the SAME PLAY AGAIN and N’Kosi got stripped.

It was a microcosm of what went wrong with the Richt offense.
he also dealt with boneheaded QB play lol..no matter who the OC is next year there will be growing pains with whoever QB1 is playing behind this oline..I have a gut feeling we might be running out Tate or TVD

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s Malzahns offense. As someone who has watched A lot of Auburn games, I’m not a fan. It’s very gimmicky. WR disappear in that offense. It’s actually very run heavy which is good for our RB. It will be very fast and up tempo. If we don’t get 1st downs our defense will be dead tired but the 4th quarter.

It will be interesting if he does get the job.
With knighton and chaney coming in im fine with run heavy lol

Advertisement
If it's Lashlee we will be looking for a new HC next year. He's a good, young up and coming guy but I don't think he's the type to flip things completely in year 1. Would love to be wrong but I think it will take time that Diaz doesn't have.
But how completely do things need to be flipped in year one? Make our offense even mediocre vs. being historically bad, and we would have had 9 wins last year. If Lashlee can do that, it moves us in the right direction.

It’s Malzahns offense. As someone who has watched A lot of Auburn games, I’m not a fan. It’s very gimmicky. WR disappear in that offense. It’s actually very run heavy which is good for our RB. It will be very fast and up tempo. If we don’t get 1st downs our defense will be dead tired but the 4th quarter.

It will be interesting if he does get the job.
He’s adapted from that being around sonny dykes, they were top 15 in passing last year and have a balanced offensive attack

The thing that intrigues me the most about Lashlee is he's a Malzahn disciple (heavy run) who worked under an air raid coach in Dykes. He should theoretically be able to present the best of both worlds. TVD is an athletic QB was a great arm. Im praying this guy knows what to do with a talent like tht.

This would be a great hire . Honestly I pray we hire some of this ilk as I think Manny given the right OC can win the coastal each of the next 2 years and eventually have us contenders . Though to even worry about that with how average we have been is silly. Just consistently win 8-10 games a year first. Can't put the cart before the horse . Though I know most on here don't get that.

Advertisement
Back