We hosting?

Advertisement
I saw on Twitter that this is the 1st year since 06 that a Florida school has not hosted a regional, but that season Miami also made it to Omaha without hosting a single game in the tournament

I saw on Twitter that this is the 1st year since 06 that a Florida school has not hosted a regional, but that season Miami also made it to Omaha without hosting a single game in the tournament

And we beat Ole Miss in the Supers that year. I just looked at Ole Miss's schedule. They lost 6 in a row 2 weeks ago. They beat some good teams, but a lot of close games. Send us to Oxford, please.

BTW, 2006 was the last time Morris overachieved, in my opinion. It's been a long dozen plus years.

We can end the debate about whether the conference tournaments mean anything. They do. A lot.
They always seem to for some teams and others not so much. I think that is what the majority of fans take issue with. I don't know about Ole miss over us or the wolfpeckers. I mean great run still lost a game they were up 7 runs.

Advertisement
This baseball committee continues to be an embarrassment. So, the basketball committee pays little attention to conference tournaments, yet baseball does even though baseball plays more games and hosting is actually a big deal and is supposed to be a reward for a 30 game conference schedule.

Just win, and prove the doubters wrong. But, give me Corvallis, Morgantown or Stillwater. I know we can beat Ole Miss, but they'll be a 15 or 16 seed.

This baseball committee continues to be an embarrassment. So, the basketball committee pays little attention to conference tournaments, yet baseball does even though baseball plays more games and hosting is actually a big deal and is supposed to be a reward for a 30 game conference schedule.

Just win, and prove the doubters wrong. But, give me Corvallis, Morgantown or Stillwater. I know we can beat Ole Miss, but they'll be a 15 or 16 seed.

Just because you didn’t understand the process doesn’t mean the committee is an embarrassment. The tournaments have always mattered despite the narrative that you and a couple of others created this year.

You are right that hosting is a big deal, which is why you want to hold onto a 5-0 lead so that another possible host doesn’t go on to win the whole tournament.

Sure is a lot of whining about not hosting. The bottom line is we didn't handle our business. We had the opportunity to secure a hosting spot and we let it slip away.

I'm choosing to look at the glass half full. Being a #2 seed and just missing out as a host, we go to either LSU or WVU. Both are winnable regionals. The latest projection is to WVU with FAU and Ohio State. Should we win, we'd face Ole' Miss or Arizona State in the Supers. This is a better scenario than being a #15 or #16 host and then facing UCLA or Vanderbilt in the Super Regionals.

Now, don't you feel better? Your welcome.

Advertisement
Sure is a lot of whining about not hosting. The bottom line is we didn't handle our business. We had the opportunity to secure a hosting spot and we let it slip away.

I'm choosing to look at the glass half full. Being a #2 seed and just missing out as a host, we go to either LSU or WVU. Both are winnable regionals. The latest projection is to WVU with FAU and Ohio State. Should we win, we'd face Ole' Miss or Arizona State in the Supers. This is a better scenario than being a #15 or #16 host and then facing UCLA or Vanderbilt in the Super Regionals.

You’re reading it wrong. We would have to be paired with a national seed in the Supers.

If we go to WVU or LSU, we wouldn't face Ole Miss if we win the regional (and I assume you meant OkSt, not ASU?). Ole Miss will be a 15 or 16 seed who would be paired with the 1 or 2 seed. But I am with you on going to a regional across from someone other than UCLA or Vandy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back