We have the #1 transfer portal class in the nation!

Advertisement
Early signing day came and we crapped the bed. losing out on several offensive prospects we coveted, including RB Marcus Crowley, WR Haselwood, QB Sam Howell. But thanks to the vaunted transfer portal, we have rebounded quite nicely the past few weeks, essentially replacing them with:

-a high 4-star RB Asa Martin
-an extremely productive 2-star WR KJ Osborn
-either 4-star QB Jalen Hurts or 4-star QB Tate Martell (maybe both?)

and a delicious fat cherry on top of the sundae would be the return of 4-star WR and one of the most explosive players in the nation, Mr. Jeffrey Thomas!

You forgot borderline 5 star Bubba Bolden
Also Tommy Kennedy who had offers from AU/Ou/TX

Just what I've heard. Dont want him neither as long as jarren stays
Just what you heard? From who? We have 2 of his HS teammates now on the team, and he would be surrounded by talent in every skill position. 3 years to play and the current QB room is underwhelming. I think we have a 50/50 shot to land him.

Very interesting post here, my thoughts on this.

Each cycle 4-5 stars go to teams already loaded with 4-5 stars , why the go there only shows bag 💼 , family pressure for the C class Mercedes or lies to the recruits .

Now the recruits show up and boom cold reality shows it’s face and now panic sets in and the portal is the only option to go to wheythere heart always wanted to go .

I’ve never seen transfers this crazy ever , with all this being said we now have.

Early signing
Transfer portal ( free agency so to speak)
Late signing coming soon

This portal thing could be a pretty good thing for us now and in future.

What’s crazy is colleges can NOT ask for bag 💼 to be returned do to investigations, so the recruits can now double bag 💼 it’s a win win and win for them .

Unreal stuff happening with NCAA aware of ALL this and is scared to nail all these HUGE DESK teams with BAG GALORE GOING ON...JUST PLAIN NUTS.

GOCANES

Just what you heard? From who? We have 2 of his HS teammates now on the team, and he would be surrounded by talent in every skill position. 3 years to play and the current QB room is underwhelming. I think we have a 50/50 shot to land him.
Yeah, Bro? Who are your CHOLULA’s??
870568EF-A136-4202-BF3E-3FC8FEDC6F4D.jpeg

Advertisement
No one in the know. Just what I've read from people on here and JMO

I'll say it again. This all seems strange to everyone now but five years from now, grad transfers will make up approximately 50% of our incoming recruiting classes.

The new NCAA rules have created a free agency market for college athletes. Guys like Mark Richt were too old school to understand this new revelation but going forward, all head coaches soon will.

Tate ain’t coming and don’t forget about Kennedy from Butler. Still need a DT
Good call and I’m definitely looking forward to seeing if we found something there considering who was supposedly on him for his services

Advertisement
I'll say it again. This all seems strange to everyone now but five years from now, grad transfers will make up approximately 50% of our incoming recruiting classes.

The new NCAA rules have created a free agency market for college athletes. Guys like Mark Richt were too old school to understand this new revelation but going forward, all head coaches soon will.
Only took 11,999 posts but we agree on something

Advertisement
About Searels "Listen to the podcast and what Mike Ingersoll thinks about the hire. I think I'll go with his thoughts on the hiring which is extremely positive and that we got lucky Jones left so we could hire Searels."

Once we dominate the transfer portal the next 2 cycles, ncaa will look to adjust the rules.

1) I do believe the Canes can be a dominant force in this new process - Predominantly with south Florida kids who leave the area and want to transfer back.

2) I DO expect the NCAA to make some adjustments to this process over the next few years. Its a new thing and will need some massaging to get it right. But I expect these changes to further strengthen UM's position primarily because of our home-market advantage.

Advertisement
Offical Portal WIsh list

1. Jalen Hurts
2. Trevon HIll
3. Tate Martell
4. UCLA DT Chigize Whatever..

Early signing day came and we crapped the bed. losing out on several offensive prospects we coveted, including RB Marcus Crowley, WR Haselwood, QB Sam Howell. But thanks to the vaunted transfer portal, we have rebounded quite nicely the past few weeks, essentially replacing them with:

-a high 4-star RB Asa Martin
-an extremely productive 2-star WR KJ Osborn
-either 4-star QB Jalen Hurts or 4-star QB Tate Martell (maybe both?)

and a delicious fat cherry on top of the sundae would be the return of 4-star WR and one of the most explosive players in the nation, Mr. Jeffrey Thomas!
And Sam Bruce!

1) I do believe the Canes can be a dominant force in this new process - Predominantly with south Florida kids who leave the area and want to transfer back.

2) I DO expect the NCAA to make some adjustments to this process over the next few years. Its a new thing and will need some massaging to get it right. But I expect these changes to further strengthen UM's position primarily because of our home-market advantage.

This process goes both ways.

Advertisement
Back