We have no chance to upset Clemson

Advertisement
I asked this before and would actually love to know.

I'm calling out all our stats gurus.

What is our record in the last 30 games where we were a double digit underdog?

I feel like we never pull off an upset like this. I'm sure its happened but I wonder when. Like OSU 2012 (around there)?

Cue Jim Carrey gif

hungry-jim-carrey.gif

Advertisement
Wishful thinking is, we channel MTSU. Problem is, Clemson has no clue how to channel us. Best case situation is for Mario to steer this into a a learning moment.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
The thing that terrifies me the most is putting Flagg or Williams in coverage against their TE's Briningstool/Allen. Also, look for them to set up a wheel to Shipley at some point like FSU did when we left it completely uncovered.

The sad thing is this is a very beatable Clemson squad, with a healthy OL and above average OC/Receiving corps. Their DL is good, but not unbelievable. Solid group that plays well together. Their secondary is very handsy, but since it's up there don't expect PI calls. They also are very susceptible to coverage busts. They will try to run us to death and then give DJ some downfield shots, maybe toss us a pick. We don't have the horses in the stable though.

It's going to take our D really, really stepping up and looking all world to have a chance. I don't see us winning ANY kind of shootout. We'll need our D and special teams to be out of this world. If all the pieces come together, and Clemson plays poorly, we'll have a shot.

Advertisement
Back