We have Mario Cristobal on the show today (LIVE NOW)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario is great w/ choice of words, & conviction of speech. Now, it’s time for words = action/results.

Again, I’m fully expecting to win at least 10 wins this yr. The roster is there, the reasons for why we struggled r gone, & the schedule is favorable.
Again, I’m fully expecting to win at least 10 wins this yr. The roster is there, the reasons for why we struggled r gone, & the schedule is favorable.

@Rellyrell Always appreciate ur insight, would you mind expounding on the bold print? Asking because you have been very vocal about the early expectations being too soon, and you proved to be absolutely correct. Seeing as to how you were correct about Years 1 and 2, I’m curious as to the context of why you feel 10 wins is the floor, why the roster is here now whereas it wasn’t in prior years even though the recruiting services “rankings” would have us to believe otherwise, and also maybe outside of TVDs INTs - who/what reasons we struggled (long day but you get what I’m trying to ask lol).

Advertisement
Mario is great w/ choice of words, & conviction of speech. Now, it’s time for words = action/results.

It's happening to you too!!
1000000084.jpg

@Rellyrell Always appreciate ur insight, would you mind expounding on the bold print? Asking because you have been very vocal about the early expectations being too soon, and you proved to be absolutely correct. Seeing as to how you were correct about Years 1 and 2, I’m curious as to the context of why you feel 10 wins is the floor, why the roster is here now whereas it wasn’t in prior years even though the recruiting services “rankings” would have us to believe otherwise, and also maybe outside of TVDs INTs - who/what reasons we struggled (long day but you get what I’m trying to ask lol).

No problem, but in order to do that I must first go into the “CIS Vault of Reasoning” as to why the first two seasons happened the way they did:

Year 1
-It was Gattis fault
-Steele was past his prime
-Ponce didn’t get along w/ the OC
-No cohesion on staff
-Too many of Beta Manny players around

Year 2
-TVD
-Still too many Beta Manny players around

OK, those lined items have all been eradicated as to reasons we’re a sub .500 team in Mario’s first 2 seasons here.

We were also told that last year’s team was easily an 8-9 win team if we had just taken a knee (or if the ref didn’t rule a fumble) & if TVD wasn’t such a tool of a QB. OK, so let’s look at what’s taken place:

1. The vast majority of Manny Diaz’s players are gone, & the few that’s left over were productive for us last year (Hurdle 1, gone)

2. We have cohesion & continuity on staff (Hurdle 2, gone)

3. We’ve replaced TVD w/ the #2 rated Portal QB available, who also came from a P5 program (Hurdle 3, gone)

4. We’ve had the best 2 year stretch of recruiting in the 247 Composite era, all w/ Cristobal’s DNA (Hurdle 4, gone)

5. Our schedule includes:
(5-7) UF
(FCS) FAMU who just lost their HC after a brilliant season
(4-8) Ball State
(7-6) USF
<Stopping Right Here: This should be a 4-0 start, period. No excuses>

(7-6) VT
(6-7) Cal
(10-4) UL
(13-1) FSU
<Stopping Right Here: This will be a tough stretch, and going 2-2 is reasonable. VT under Pry looked much better year 2 than 1 and they’ll be tough, but we still have way more talent than them, & it’s a home game. FSU will be breaking in DJ U, & DJ U ain’t Travis, but FSU is still formidable. UL attacked the portal hard, & Brohm is a **** good coach. We could go 3-1, but that view is slightly tainted by my hate for both UL & FSU, so let’s just say 2-2 here.>

(8-5) Duke
(7-6) GT
(4-8) WF
(6-7) Syracuse
<Stopping Right Here: We end the season very favorably. This ain’t the Elko lead Duke Blue Devils; this is the fired, slip & slide Diaz led Duke Blue Devils. We absolutely owe GT an *** shipping from last year’s debacle, WF is a mess, & Cuse has a brand new, inexperienced coach taking on a major rebuild. We should end the season 4-0>

This is my expectations, along w the unequivocal, unchallengeable facts, as nicely detailed by @mcnaire2004, that the vast majority of coaches by year 2 who are of championship caliber ilk have their programs turned around, but particularly NO LATER than year 3. We’ve been clowning Norvell, but Norvell got FSU turned around by year 3, so did Dabo at Clemson. The excuses are gone, the schedule is favorable, & Mario is being paid as a top 15 coach in America; the time is now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back