We have Mario Cristobal on the show today (LIVE NOW)

No problem, but in order to do that I must first go into the “CIS Vault of Reasoning” as to why the first two seasons happened the way they did:

Year 1
-It was Gattis fault
-Steele was past his prime
-Ponce didn’t get along w/ the OC
-No cohesion on staff
-Too many of Beta Manny players around

Year 2
-TVD
-Still too many Beta Manny players around

OK, those lined items have all been eradicated as to reasons we’re a sub .500 team in Mario’s first 2 seasons here.

We were also told that last year’s team was easily an 8-9 win team if we had just taken a knee (or if the ref didn’t rule a fumble) & if TVD wasn’t such a tool of a QB. OK, so let’s look at what’s taken place:

1. The vast majority of Manny Diaz’s players are gone, & the few that’s left over were productive for us last year (Hurdle 1, gone)

2. We have cohesion & continuity on staff (Hurdle 2, gone)

3. We’ve replaced TVD w/ the #2 rated Portal QB available, who also came from a P5 program (Hurdle 3, gone)

4. We’ve had the best 2 year stretch of recruiting in the 247 Composite era, all w/ Cristobal’s DNA (Hurdle 4, gone)

5. Our schedule includes:
(5-7) UF
(FCS) FAMU who just lost their HC after a brilliant season
(4-8) Ball State
(7-6) USF
<Stopping Right Here: This should be a 4-0 start, period. No excuses>

(7-6) VT
(6-7) Cal
(10-4) UL
(13-1) FSU
<Stopping Right Here: This will be a tough stretch, and going 2-2 is reasonable. VT under Pry looked much better year 2 than 1 and they’ll be tough, but we still have way more talent than them, & it’s a home game. FSU will be breaking in DJ U, & DJ U ain’t Travis, but FSU is still formidable. UL attacked the portal hard, & Brohm is a **** good coach. We could go 3-1, but that view is slightly tainted by my hate for both UL & FSU, so let’s just say 2-2 here.>

(8-5) Duke
(7-6) GT
(4-8) WF
(6-7) Syracuse
<Stopping Right Here: We end the season very favorably. This ain’t the Elko lead Duke Blue Devils, this is the fired, slip & slide Diaz led Duke Blue Devils. We absolutely owe GT an *** shipping from last year’s debacle, WF is a mess, & Cuse has a brand new, inexperienced coach taking on a major rebuild. We should end the season 4-0>

This is my expectations, along w the unequivocal, unchallengeable facts, as nicely detailed by @mcnaire2004, that the vast majority of coaches by year 2 who are of championship caliber ilk have their programs turned around, NO LATER than year 3. We’ve been clowning Norvell, but Norvell got FSU turned around by year 3, so did Dabo at Clemson. The excuses are gone, the schedule is favorable, & Mario is being paid as a top 15 coach in America; the time is now.
LFG!!!!
1709248746081.gif

Advertisement
No problem, but in order to do that I must first go into the “CIS Vault of Reasoning” as to why the first two seasons happened the way they did:

Year 1
-It was Gattis fault
-No cohesion on staff

Year 2
-TVD

OK, those lined items have all been eradicated as to reasons we’re a sub .500 team in Mario’s first 2 seasons here.

We were also told that last year’s team was easily an 8-9 win team if we had just taken a knee (or if the ref didn’t rule a fumble) & if TVD wasn’t such a tool of a QB. OK, so let’s look at what’s taken place:

1. The vast majority of Manny Diaz’s players are gone, & the few that’s left over were productive for us last year (Hurdle 1, gone)

3. We’ve replaced TVD w/ the #2 rated Portal QB available, who also came from a P5 program (Hurdle 3, gone)

4. We’ve had the best 2 year stretch of recruiting in the 247 Composite era, all w/ Cristobal’s DNA (Hurdle 4, gone)

(5-7) UF
(4-8) Ball State
(7-6) USF

(7-6) VT
(6-7) Cal
(10-4) UL
(13-1) FSU
<Stopping Right Here: This will be a tough stretch, and going 2-2 is reasonable. VT under Pry looked much better year 2 than 1 and they’ll be tough, but we still have way more talent than them, & it’s a home game. FSU will be breaking in DJ U, & DJ U ain’t Travis, but FSU is still formidable. UL attacked the portal hard, & Brohm is a **** good coach. We could go 3-1, but that view is slightly tainted by my hate for both UL & FSU, so let’s just say 2-2 here.>

(8-5) Duke
(7-6) GT
(4-8) WF
(6-7) Syracuse
<Stopping Right Here: We end the season very favorably. This ain’t the Elko lead Duke Blue Devils, this is the fired, slip & slide Diaz led Duke Blue Devils. We absolutely owe GT an *** shipping from last year’s debacle, WF is a mess, & Cuse has a brand new, inexperienced coach taking on a major rebuild. We should end the season 4-0>

This is my expectations, along w the unequivocal, unchallengeable facts, as nicely detailed by @mcnaire2004, that the vast majority of coaches by year 2 who are of championship caliber ilk have their programs turned around, NO LATER than year 3. We’ve been clowning Norvell, but Norvell got FSU turned around by year 3, so did Dabo at Clemson. The excuses are gone, the schedule is favorable, & Mario is being paid as a top 15 coach in America; the time is now.
Lol. You think the goalposts won't shift again in year 3? Smh, you are better than this.

I’m sure it will, I’m betting on it. Moving goals ain’t in my wheelhouse, though.

Nope, not in mine either.

On the field, we've been a disaster. We've been worse than we should've been.

I'm a results guy and outside of major injuries at key positions, there's no reason this team should be anything less than 9 wins.

I like your assessment and take on the schedule this year. The schedule, today on paper, may be the easiest schedule we've ever had.

The expectations are there, but I wouldn't bet anything on that. I am usually well below the boards consensus win total and Mario didn't even reach my expected win totals since he's been here. Same for everyone the last 20.

I hope this is the first of many years where my expectations are surpassed.

Advertisement
I think Vegas got it right and we’re even odds to have 9 or 10 wins. Agree entirely with Relly’s logic just think it’s very conceivable one team we should beat shocks us.

If we go out and add a few more studs from the portal then maybe that line shifts up another game.

Year 1
-It was Gattis fault
-No cohesion on staff

Year 2
-TVD

(5-7) UF
(4-8) Ball State
(7-6) USF

(7-6) VT
(6-7) Cal
(10-4) UL
(13-1) FSU

(8-5) Duke
(7-6) GT
(4-8) WF
(6-7) Syracuse

This is my expectations, along w the unequivocal, unchallengeable facts, as nicely detailed by @mcnaire2004, that the vast majority of coaches by year 2 who are of championship caliber ilk have their programs turned around, but particularly NO LATER than year 3. We’ve been clowning Norvell, but Norvell got FSU turned around by year 3, so did Dabo at Clemson. The excuses are gone, the schedule is favorable, & Mario is being paid as a top 15 coach in America; the time is now.
This is the most on-point post of all time.

I've said it repeatedly: Year 3 is make or break for Mario. With the roster we have coming back, and the elite QB prospect we'll have under center, there is no reason why this shouldn't be a ten win team.

You don't typically get a QB like we have now, and we only have him for one year. It would be supremely disappointing if this team didn't get to ten wins. In fact, with near 75% of last year's offensive production coming back + ward, and even accounting for a lot of ??? on our defense, there's no reason this team shouldn't be a darkhorse for the CFP. The schedule is manageable, and we have a QB for the first time in nearly two decades, that can elevate an entire team.

Advertisement
Baring terrible injury luck, it would be a huge failure if this team does not reach 10 wins. By terrible injury luck, I mean Ward missing extended time. If they can’t do it this year. It’s not happening under Mario and we can all give up while we wait out his contract.

I've said it repeatedly: Year 3 is make or break for Mario. With the roster we have coming back, and the elite QB prospect we'll have under center, there is no reason why this shouldn't be a ten win team.

You don't typically get a QB like we have now, and we only have him for one year. It would be supremely disappointing if this team didn't get to ten wins. In fact, with near 75% of last year's offensive production coming back + ward, and even accounting for a lot of ??? on our defense, there's no reason this team shouldn't be a darkhorse for the CFP. The schedule is manageable, and we have a QB for the first time in nearly two decades, that can elevate an entire team.
Ward having a good to great season cannot be understated for the future of this team.

A great year attracts good QBs to this program.

A bad year and we are back to square one on QB recruiting which we all know has not been stellar.

Advertisement
Norvell is a solid coach... but he didn't turn down the Alabama job to stay at FSU. He leveraged his name being dropped into an extension/raise.
Exactly, that was Norvell's agent getting him a pay raise. He was never a Bama candidate.

Advertisement
Ward having a good to great season cannot be understated for the future of this team.

A great year attracts good QBs to this program.

A bad year and we are back to square one on QB recruiting which we all know has not been stellar.
I don’t think Mario recovers if this year doesn’t go to plan. It’s about as good of a roster as we’ve had in a very long time.

Mario is great w/ choice of words, & conviction of speech. Now, it’s time for words = action/results.

Again, I’m fully expecting to win at least 10 wins this yr. The roster is there, the reasons for why we struggled r gone, & the schedule is favorable.
Relly.....are you willing to put up one of your favorite kicks to back up this expectation?.............then I know you are serious;........

Calisthenics
Relly.....are you willing to put up one of your favorite kicks to back up this expectation?.............then I know you are serious;........

I am, that’s how serious I am. I have a pair of Armed Forces J’s (mid) that I bought dead stock for $150 back in 2008 that are now valued between $1500 - $2200. They’re my favorite (not most valued or expensive) b/c it was the 1st time I camped out at a shoe store, met some great ppl (including the female who rang me up), & til this day I don’t see ppl wearing them.

So yeah, my expectations are worth that. This is year 3, Holmes; if we ain’t cracking 10 this year w/ this schedule, the caliber of players, including our QB, bro…it would be equivalent to someone dropping spaghetti sauce on those shoes. It would be the first time in a long time (2004) where I would be completely taken aback & distraught.

I’m sure it will, I’m betting on it. Moving goals ain’t in my wheelhouse, though.
And I do think some of it COULD be justified. Like injuries to key players. For example if Mahommes gets hurt, the chiefs chances of going to the SB this coming year will sink dramatically and it has nothing to do with the coach, playcalling, etc. Some of that **** you cannot control and its just football.

Others are NOT justified. Such as saying it was/wasnt a fumble, should have taken a knee, but for one dumbass or blatant missed calls, fluke tipped pass, etc. Those are just excuses.

Advertisement
Back