We have a real shot at the playoffs

Yea even if clear all the regular season land I Es I’m not sure we can hold Clemson under 40 right now...

Advertisement
Sorry. Not this year. Unless of course we beat ND and every other Coastal team. The offense and secondary are still a work in progress. Still happy about the win!

We just won AT FSU, what game do you think we'll lose?

FSU nearly beat us with a crap Tr. Fr. QB and no Dalvin Cook. Also our OL couldn't keep them out of the backfield most of the game. Let's not act like world beaters. The rest of the schedule has potential losses. Notre Dame for example. GT next week is a possible loss. VT is nothing to sneeze at and UNC could suddenly remember how to play during our game as they often do.

Advertisement
Sorry. Not this year. Unless of course we beat ND and every other Coastal team. The offense and secondary are still a work in progress. Still happy about the win!

We just won AT FSU, what game do you think we'll lose?

FSU nearly beat us with a crap Tr. Fr. QB and no Dalvin Cook. Also our OL couldn't keep them out of the backfield most of the game. Let's not act like world beaters. The rest of the schedule has potential losses. Notre Dame for example. GT next week is a possible loss. VT is nothing to sneeze at and UNC could suddenly remember how to play during our game as they often do.

Aren't Patrick and Akers both 5 stars? They sure looked like it. Isn't the FSU DL also full of 5 stars? That team we just beat is extremely talented and we just beat them at their house. Yes, the remaining schedule has some tough teams on them, but we don't have any challenging road games left. I'm not saying we're world beaters, but we don't have any teams that can out-talent us like FSU could. We should be favored in every remaining game.

Eh. I don't see it. Ways to go

Looking at our schedule there are two legit teams left. VT and ND, IMO we should win at least one of those. If we do we should get to the ACC championship and that would be a tough one to win obviously, but very possible. We don't have to be dominate to get in.

I'm being optimistic here, but it's certainly possible.

We should. We should have also not given up 400+ yards to FSU

Time to really start rooting for all the other undefeated teams to lose.

What a change of view from the game day tread.
Dont you realize that most posters here know very little about football. They react to every play as if it is the end of the game. Up until the third quarter most posters said my we lost game and key players and coaches are no good. These clowns are a disgrace to the real Cane community that support the team even if things are not going the way we would like. They thrive on negativity and are a liability to this forum.

Advertisement
It boggles my mind that you guys think we are immortal after beating FSU. This was a terrible team

Lol relax

No chance it happens, we are a good team but until we build up the depth we have no chance against Clemson and every team has a down week or more (look at Oklahoma) so just going undefeated in the regular season would be an unbelievable accomplishment.

Advertisement
Yes. We have a good shot at the playoffs. We should be favored to win the rest of our games and then anything can happen after that.

But of course we can only take it one game at a time. Let's take care of the Jackets.

We do have a shot. The team has to continue to improve each week to catch up to Clemson. I'm starting to believe in Malik. Who knows.

Advertisement
GT is coming off a bye and our run defense looked like a hot mess... Let's worry about next week first

For those saying we don't have a chance against Clemson or of going to the playoffs, remember that teams can grow dramatically during the year. Despite losing their 2nd and 6th game of the season, Mark Richt's 2007 UGA team finished 11-2 and by the end of the year they were arguably the best team in the country.

Miami does have a lot of holes, they and we do need to take it one game at a time, but none of us know what will happen to us or other teams. No one predicted FSU to lose Frenchie. Point being things change and we should be hyped.

For those saying we don't have a chance against Clemson or of going to the playoffs, remember that teams can grow dramatically during the year. Despite losing their 2nd and 6th game of the season, Mark Richt's 2007 UGA team finished 11-2 and by the end of the year they were arguably the best team in the country.

Miami does have a lot of holes, they and we do need to take it one game at a time, but none of us know what will happen to us or other teams. No one predicted FSU to lose Frenchie. Point being things change and we should be hyped.

The Canes will grow. They MUST solve the tackling issue with the run defense by next week if they expect to beat GT, much less Va Tech or a vastly improved Irish team.

I do like that they were able to run in the second half. Which shows me that Richt, unlike Golden, adjusts.

I’m starting to think that ND game could be huge.

There are 3 games left we could lose including Clemson. In order of toughness - clemson , ND and VT . VT is a big time pretender IMO and I think we might roast them but they still could beat us if we played like crap. There is no amount of bad play that would equal us losing to Pitt , Cuse or UNC . UVA and GT are good teams who could give us a challenge but ain't beating us. I like how most of our games left are at home . If you live in South Florida get out to those games and support our boys and Richt . They have produced a winner !

Advertisement
Back