We have a MF'ing savage at Head Coach! Epic troll job tonight by Manny!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol... My oldest gets great grades and math is her toughest challenge and she rows crew for a top 10 high school program in crew in the U.S... So there's that.
I thought there were only like 6 or 7 high schools in the US who have teams that row crew, or crews that row boats, or whatever.

I thought there were only like 6 or 7 high schools in the US who have teams that row crew, or crews that row boats, or whatever.
Well then they'd definitely be a top 10 program but yeah... There are many high school crew teams in the Mid Atlantic or even the DC metro area alone. California has some programs and I'm sure New England, Texas and Ohio do as well.

Advertisement
Its not that big of a game...chillll

National relevace? UF WON 4 GAMES like 2 yrs ago....no one is checking for them nationally at all. Its a good early season matchup...thats about it imo.
I care more about our fsu games and the coastal games ..really
I have to disagree college football is a game of perception and beating UF would be a huge statement nationally.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well then they'd definitely be a top 10 program but yeah... There are many high school crew teams in the Mid Atlantic or even the DC metro area alone. California has some programs and I'm sure New England, Texas and Ohio do as well.

Most of the elite private schools in the north east that send tons of kids to the Ivys each year have crew teams.

Most of the elite private schools in the north east that send tons of kids to the Ivys each year have crew teams.
Yup. I'm definitely talking public schools in my situation but there are a shît ton of boarding schools like Blair and Choate that must be strong. That said, some of the public schools here are the best in this area regardless and they have really good funding for their crew teams because they are in affluent areas. TC Williams in Alexandria actually has their own boathouse. We use a community boathouse that's on the Potomac as well.

My kid has a friend on the team who is a senior and she's going to row at Yale next year. Mine might get there on grades but she won't get to Yale on a crew scholly but I know coaches from UNC and Georgetown liked her. She will need to row women's lightweight in college.

Either way, she's far exceeded me. I'm just proud of the effort.

Yup. I'm definitely talking public schools in my situation but there are a **** ton of boarding schools like Blair and Choate that must be strong. That said, some of the public schools here ate the best in this area regardless and they have really good funding for their crew teams because they are in affluent areas. TC Williams in Alexandria actually has their own boathouse.

My kid has a friend on the team who is a senior and she's going to row at Yale next year. Mine might get there on grades but she won't get to Yale on a crew scholly but I know coaches from UNC and Georgetown liked her. She will need to row women's lightweight in college.

Either way, she's far exceeded me. I'm just proud of the effort.

100%. I would not be surprised if her school is top 10. I was posting to counter the guy that said only 7 teams in the country have crew teams. I can name more than 7 private schools in the NY area that has crew teams lol.

You should be very proud. Everyone of those schools area great.

Advertisement
Back