We had 480 yards to GT's 280............

canesd

Recruit
We were basically tied at half after their 'monster' first half where they scored 14 points and had close to the same yardage. They had literally one drive on one long pass play after the first quarter. That's it. Most of our fans and certainly the media are ignoring that fact. There are some games where we do not play well and can complain even though we won. This game was different. We outplayed them and ultimately won. Did not play great but played pretty good. We gifted them a freak onsides kick TD and could not punch it in the endzone on three separate drives which is the only reason it was close.

Advertisement
Yeah media just sees the miracle play and says we are lucky. We absolutely dominated GT from 2nd quarter on

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yup, scorewise this should not have been a close game. We dominated this game statistically. But, let the idiots keep pumping the narrative that we are lucky to be 5-0.

Advertisement
Yeah media just sees the miracle play and says we are lucky. We absolutely dominated GT from 2nd quarter on

The media's hate for us so blatant! We spotted GT 7 points and were down 5 starters! They are just hoping we implode like so many previous seasons during the last 15 years that began promisingly. AINT GONNA HAPPEN!! This team is different!! GO CANES!!!

Richt needs to figure out that Redzone....

more so on malik in my opinion but you're right, something has to change

I agree malik needs better decisions... but throwing fade routes to Thomas and harley( if that was who the first read was meant to be) is a bad design...

We should be seeing mr clutch langham, herndon etc getting those looks first all day

Or how about running the ball down their throat? I'm so tired of today's teams afraid to play power football.

Advertisement
Member when that skate boarder had that tackle in the back field...

member-berries-sq__41362.1479844436.500.500.jpg

The media's hate for us so blatant! We spotted GT 7 points and were down 5 starters! They are just hoping we implode like so many previous seasons during the last 15 years that began promisingly. AINT GONNA HAPPEN!! This team is different!! GO CANES!!!

The only way that hate makes sense is if you only look at the score and our last drive. I'm fairly certain that's what most of the media did. They don't have time to watch every game, and get paid for saying anything that intensifies passion, so they're doing exactly what they're supposed to do.

Down 5 starters & spotting them 7, we still outgained them & would have never needed that catch if not for that crooked *** ref

Advertisement
Rosier, Homer, Richards, Langham, Berrios, & Herndon...Not much better in the nation. We should be scoring at will imo.

The 2nd half our Canes really did a number on GT, especially from the DEFENSIVE side of the ball.. Our OFFENSE moved the ball at will BUT I think at times CMR got caught up trying to throw it too much and Rosier made some bad throws at times and killed some nice drives and our Canes had to punt BUT as we can see overall the yardage was WON BY OUR CANES.. I think CMR will use more quick hit pass plays next week, our WRs have shown that they can block and I think we need to get our playmakers in space more..

Advertisement
Richt needs to figure out that Redzone....

more so on malik in my opinion but you're right, something has to change

Start with less fades to midgets.

Everyone keeps saying this, but I'm confused.

I don't think they're fades. I think they're back shoulder throws, like we've thrown a couple times to Berrios successfully.

The one to Harley was just a poor "ball adjustment" from him (followed by his hands of stone). The one to Mullins hit him in the hands, even though he jumped about a centimeter off the ground. I didn't have a huge problem with ball placement from Rosier.

Having said that...

I'd still rather see jump balls to Langham. Those backshoulder throws are low percentage to younger/more inexperienced receivers. There are WAY easier-to-convert play calls in the redzone.

Anyways, kind of rambled. Just wanted clarification on the whole "fades to midgets" narrative.

Personally I don't get why we don't roll out more in the RZ, at least give yourself more than one clear option. That's the one fault I have with the going for two last week, we didn't give ourselves another option.

You have to score touchdowns.

We were lucky to win when you consider the onside kick and our inability to score TDs in the redzone.

Who cares?? GT is a speed bump in our road to greatness.

GT with their weird offense is the last team to to use to gauge your team... they are just a team everyone wants to win and get behind them. Stupid O .. waste of time preparing for it and the resulting injuries. Waiting for Johnson to retire or be fired..

Advertisement
Back