We got some big boyz

I don't want to be a debbie downer but 6'7 is borderline too tall for a DT

a38e715c08237d2ea3bbeaaa5bac8982.jpg

6'8", 300 lbs Pro Bowler from the U!

1. Is that Orlando Franklin on the left?

2. WTF is he doing with his hands?

Advertisement
That is a big kid. 6'7 is tall for a DT but who cares as long as he can sustain good pad level and disrupt. Passes over the middle become a bit harder if he is good with his hands as well.

It's funny because if y'all remember, when Richt got here he said something like "where's all the big guys, first off the bus guys?"

Boy. Are we building "Hit Stick, Bust Dïck" intimidation.

Advertisement
he has been a big kid...and its funny he played a lot of DE. He will be a wrecking ball...but not right away imo...hes a kid that will take a lil while but will be a high level player.

That Dillard DL had 4 div 1 guys on it
Just be ready by 2018, please.

How utterly ridiculous it is for anyone to suggest this kid is too big for football like it's some youth league. Without the kid even having a chance to get on campus!

Advertisement
Richt has a history of tall DTs. Kwame Geathers, John Jenkins, etc.

Access Denied this team (sort by height) went 11-2 in the SEC and crushed Richt's Dawgs 35-7. Their DL was all between 6'4 and 6'8, and if you go back a couple years they had Clifton Geathers who was a 6'8 NFL DT/5-tech for several years.

A tall DT can see over the line and use his length to keep his frame clean and go find the ball. But it seems like you dinosaurs would rather waste an elite DL coach and go recruit some more Courtel Jenkins types to plug a gap and do nothing else. I recommend watching the Houston Cougars this year - they have a DC who shares the same philosophy.

And gee I wonder how NFL OL win the leverage battle if they're all so tall. Maybe height has very little to do with it? :monkey-serious:

I don't mind tall DTs if they're flexible. This kid looks like he is.

I love that he compared himself to DeForest Buckner-- very apt comparison and it suggests that he is a student of the game.

Advertisement
Canes fans just can't handle nice things. "Too tall" LOL. If he's the dog I think he is, he will be a fine college DT.

Canes fans just can't handle nice things. "Too tall" LOL. If he's the dog I think he is, he will be a fine college DT.

lol exactly. If we get Ty Campbell there will be some saying......nah bad example if we get Ty I doubt anyone complains.

Advertisement
Not a lot of successful DTs in the John Henderson/Jumpy Gathers mold

Alan branch is 6-6, the guy from the falcons...I think the tallest NFL player ever was a 7ft DT ...some goofy ***a who played for the raiders I think it was. uga had to tall DT's in the early 00's. tenn. Had two..job. Henderson and another guy cans't member his name

Not a lot of successful DTs in the John Henderson/Jumpy Gathers mold

Alan branch is 6-6, the guy from the falcons...I think the tallest NFL player ever was a 7ft DT ...some goofy ***a who played for the raiders I think it was. uga had to tall DT's in the early 00's. tenn. Had two..job. Henderson and another guy cans't member his name

Marcus Stroud

Advertisement
Back