WE GOING TO OMAHA FOLKS!

However I'm not delusional enough or egocentric enough to think that they will go to Omaha every season.

This is where your post comes crumbling down. No one expects us to go to Omaha every season. Quit acting as though we went last year and some psychotic fans are up in arms that we might not go back. We haven't been in SIX YEARS. Why the **** do I have to keep repeating that? It's as though you people clear your memories every February. "Oh, we won't go to Omaha? Well, you can't go every year." No sht. How about once in a six year span? Could we start there?

LOL. Here you go, sport. Maybe this will give you some perspective(or maybe not). Enjoy!

[edit]Most CWS Appearances

Rank School Number
1 Texas 34
2 Miami 23
3 Arizona State 22
T4 Southern California 21
T4 Florida State 21
6 Oklahoma State 19
T7 Stanford 16
T7 Cal State-Fullerton 16
T7 Arizona 16
10 LSU 15
11 Clemson 12
12 South Carolina 11
T13 Northern Colorado 10
T13 Oklahoma 10
[edit]Further Reading

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/College_World_Series

Advertisement
However I'm not delusional enough or egocentric enough to think that they will go to Omaha every season.

This is where your post comes crumbling down. No one expects us to go to Omaha every season. Quit acting as though we went last year and some psychotic fans are up in arms that we might not go back. We haven't been in SIX YEARS. Why the **** do I have to keep repeating that? It's as though you people clear your memories every February. "Oh, we won't go to Omaha? Well, you can't go every year." No sht. How about once in a six year span? Could we start there?

LOL. Here you go, sport. Maybe this will give you some perspective(or maybe not). Enjoy!

Rank School Number
1 Texas 34
2 Miami 23
3 Arizona State 22
T4 Florida State 21
6 Oklahoma State 19
T7 Stanford 16
T7 Arizona 16
10 LSU 15
11 Clemson 12
12 South Carolina 11
T13 Northern Colorado 10
T13 Oklahoma 10
[edit]Further Reading

My guess and only a guess is that it will actually fuel further angst showing that not being in Omaha for 6 years is unacceptable given our storied history.

LOL. Here you go, sport. Maybe this will give you some perspective (or maybe not). Enjoy!

Rank School Number
1 Texas 34
2 Miami 23
3 Arizona State 22
T4 Florida State 21
6 Oklahoma State 19
T7 Stanford 16
T7 Arizona 16
10 LSU 15
11 Clemson 12
12 South Carolina 11
T13 Northern Colorado 10
T13 Oklahoma 10
[edit]Further Reading

My guess and only a guess is that it will actually fuel further angst showing that not being in Omaha for 6 years is unacceptable given our storied history.

You may be right in which case they will never be happy. I was simply trying to show the mopey folks that our program has enjoyed more success in post season play than any other program but Texas. If you look at the histories of the elite programs you'll find that all have gone through slump periods. Regardless, we're still second in number of appearances which means, with the exception of Texas, we have gone on a more frequent basis than any other team. We're going through a slump right now but things are beginning to look better. Some folks just have unrealistic expectations and a poor understanding of the CWS history. So be it. Me, I'll just continue to enjoy the games and pull for my Canes.

Last edited:

Rank School Number
1 Texas 34
2 Miami 23
3 Arizona State 22
T4 Florida State 21
6 Oklahoma State 19
T7 Stanford 16
T7 Arizona 16
10 LSU 15
11 Clemson 12
12 South Carolina 11
T13 Northern Colorado 10
T13 Oklahoma 10
[edit]Further Reading

That might be the worst response I've ever seen. Yes, since we had the second most appearances from 1950-2008, let's kick back and be content with making it to a regional.

By your logic, USC fans have no reason to complain about their baseball program. Heck, 21 appearances. What else do you want, Trojan fans?

You may be right in which case they will never be happy. I was simply trying to show the mopey folks that our program has enjoyed more success in post season play than any other program but Texas. If you look at the histories of the elite programs you'll find that all have gone through slump periods. Regardless, we're still second in number of appearances which means, with the exception of Texas, we have gone on a more frequent basis than any other team. We're going through a slump right now but things are beginning to look better. Some folks just have unrealistic expectations and a poor understanding of the CWS history. So be it. Me, I'll just continue to enjoy the games and pull for my Canes.

Champ, I'll dance around you when it comes to CWS history. I knew you were in over your head when your defense for six shtty years was to show a list of our appearances. Awesome. We were great in the 90's.

If you've been enjoying the games over the last six years, then you are absolutely part of the problem. We played the worst defense in Miami history and had the longest CWS drought since pre-1974. Let that sink in. This is the worst six years in Miami's modern history, but you enjoyed the games.

Advertisement

Champ, I'll dance around you when it comes to CWS history. I knew you were in over your head when your defense for six shtty years was to show a list of our appearances. Awesome. We were great in the 90's.

If you've been enjoying the games over the last six years, then you are absolutely part of the problem. We played the worst defense in Miami history and had the longest CWS drought since pre-1974. Let that sink in. This is the worst six years in Miami's modern history, but you enjoyed the games.

Fine, junior. You've convinced me you have no clue and aren't interested in getting one. I've clearly shown how doninant our program has been and still is in terms of our performance. You continue to be under the delusion that they should be dominant each and every year. Try to find ome program in all of college baseball that has been able to pull that off, and if you can, feel free to go root for them. If you think all programs dont have down years then you really don't know anything about baseball history. So mope on and be miserable if you'd like. I'm going to enjoy me some Canes baseball, whether they win this year or not. I'm done with you.

Its funny how the biggest loser says that you shouldn't be enjoying the team this year. They are hosting a regional in a few days and had a great regular season where they won 24 games in the ACC. Only a an idiot would be moaning and groaning now. There is a reason why I have the putz on ignore even though what he wrote was copied in and I read it.

Fine, junior. You've convinced me you have no clue and aren't interested in getting one. I've clearly shown how doninant our program has been and still is in terms of our performance. You continue to be under the delusion that they should be dominant each and every year. Try to find ome program in all of college baseball that has been able to pull that off, and if you can, feel free to go root for them. If you think all programs dont have down years then you really don't know anything about baseball history. So mope on and be miserable if you'd like. I'm going to enjoy me some Canes baseball, whether they win this year or not. I'm done with you.

It's like you people are stuck in some kind of time warp. You still believe that we're just having a couple of down years.

Your next to last sentence sums you up. You enjoyed you some Canes baseball when we went 0-2 in our own regional. You actually left the stadium saying to yourself "I enjoyed that even though we lost".

Its funny how the biggest loser says that you shouldn't be enjoying the team this year. They are hosting a regional in a few days and had a great regular season where they won 24 games in the ACC. Only a an idiot would be moaning and groaning now. There is a reason why I have the putz on ignore even though what he wrote was copied in and I read it.

Right, we should all be thrilled. We won 24 games in a season in which Pittsburgh and Notre Dame were added for the first time and FSU was off the conference schedule for the first time. We also conveniently avoided the next best team, Maryland.

Like your cousin above, you enjoyed losing the two most important games of the year so that we could just be a regional host. You actually enjoyed those games.

Advertisement
If any teams fans have a beef about the program falling off its Northern Colorado!
WTF?

VERY premature. The "Cakewalk" everyone claims we have in the Regionals includes a Friday game against a pitcher that shut us down and whupped us.

And going to the Supers at Gainesville......well, the last 8 years or so says that that is the gift of a LIFETIME for the Gatas. We have lost like a dozen regionals and super regionals to the Gatas in a row, and not even close, mind you. That year we swept the Gatas at UF, we lose by 20 runs in each game at home in our Regional to them. We are cursed.

Not checking Priceline for Omaha airfare until Sunday night!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back