WE GOING TO OMAHA FOLKS!

Advertisement
Awesome! Have a great time! How much were the plane tickets? Which team will you pick to root for? ACC?

Advertisement
Awesome! Have a great time! How much were the plane tickets? Which team will you pick to root for? ACC?

So I suppose this is your way of saying Miami won't make it?

Florida's pitching is filthy. We just showed that we aren't going to hit elite pitching. It was a decent year, I'm sure the banquet was nice, but it's not going to end with a trip to Omaha. We aren't at that level anymore.

Nothing would make the putz happier than Miami to lose in two straight in the regional.

It's better to stay out of it and not prove to errbody how incompetent you are. I want nothing more than to have to spend two grand on another trip to Omaha. I just know that we don't do that anymore. They teased you with a nice little run against bad teams, but the level of our program now is just to maintain the streak.

Florida's pitching is filthy. We just showed that we aren't going to hit elite pitching. It was a decent year, I'm sure the banquet was nice, but it's not going to end with a trip to Omaha. We aren't at that level anymore.

Why do you even bother? Your level of negativity and cynicism is comedic.
It's clear now your point is to antagonize.

Advertisement

You do recall we beat them 2 out of 3 this year, don't you? If we play to our ability we will do so again if we face them. There's absolutely no reason to accept defeat before the games are played unless you just want to be negative. Sad world you live in where you can't enjoy your own team.

You do recall we beat them 2 out of 3 this year, don't you? If we play to our ability we will do so again if we face them. There's absolutely no reason to accept defeat before the games are played unless you just want to be negative. Sad world you live in where you can't enjoy your own team.

We also swept Clemson this year. How did that turn out for us in the ACC Tournament?

Enjoy my own team? You're saying that you enjoy this? You like it when they throw up the graphic during the CWS about the most titles and most visits to Omaha, and then the announcer has to remind us that Miami hasn't been since 2008?

It's clear now your point is to antagonize.

What's ironic about that statement is that I am the only one who is talking about Miami baseball. The rest of you are only talking about me. Who is trying to antagonize who?

I suppose if your wishing them to fail is "talking about Miami baseball" then you're correct, you should post what your real beef is sometime, I'd be interested in knowing why someone who seems to know the game pretty well is so angry at a college baseball program.

Advertisement
I suppose if your wishing them to fail is "talking about Miami baseball" then you're correct, you should post what your real beef is sometime, I'd be interested in knowing why someone who seems to know the game pretty well is so angry at a college baseball program.

Still don't know where the "wishing them to fail" thing is coming from. I post positive comments and celebrate wins all the time.

I'm angry at the loss of the crown jewel of our athletic department. It used to be news when we WEREN'T a national seed. Now it's a big deal if we are mentioned at some point in the second half of the season. I just don't know how you people can sit around and watch programs like TCU take the spot we once owned.

And before you blame me for expecting "perfection", I will remind you that this is six straight years of this. It has not been enjoyable watching bad defense, lame offense, soft-tossing lefty pitching, etc. Yes, this season has been a decent step in the right direction. But we still ended up in the same place.

But we still ended up in the same place.
Quoting by itself for effect.

Doing what we've done the past six years is "pretty good" by a lot of programs' standards nationwide. Doing what we've done the past 42 is elite in and of itself, and nothing to sneeze at.

However, we've only got 4 national titles to show for that, and our last one was 13 years ago.

Like Antwan has said--making the postseason doesn't need to be the goal. That should be a given. Really, being a Top 8 seed yearly should pretty much be a given about 8 out of every 10 years (giving a couple of years for young teams w/major flaws). The question shouldn't be "will we host a Regional?" It should be "who are we hosting in the Super Regional?". As a program, if you think in those terms, and keep that as the primary goal each year, then getting to Omaha becomes more expected as opposed to hoped for. It's all about where the focus of the program is right now, and it's just not in the right place.

In reality--I actually expect us to win our Regional pretty handily. We got a good draw. I expect us to take the Super Regional against UF to 3 games. I don't know if we'll ultimately win or lose, but I think we at least get to the 3rd game this time around.

With the current rules in place to expect a private school to be a national seed 8 out of 10 years is ridiculous.

Advertisement
With the current rules in place to expect a private school to be a national seed 8 out of 10 years is ridiculous.

The rules aren't new. In any event, are you suggesting that zero out of six is acceptable? Are we Tennessee now?

We also swept Clemson this year. How did that turn out for us in the ACC Tournament?

Enjoy my own team? You're saying that you enjoy this? You like it when they throw up the graphic during the CWS about the most titles and most visits to Omaha, and then the announcer has to remind us that Miami hasn't been since 2008?

I'm well aware of what happened against Clemson. It's baseball. News flash - NOBODY wins every game. In this time of team parity you have to live in a fantasy world to think otherwise. Check the CWS teams attendance lists over the past 30 or so years. Two things should become apparent:

1 - no one goes every year. Even the elite programs have ups and downs. It goes in cycles.

2 - Miami has one of the best track records in post season play of any school that participates in baseball. They aren't no. 1 in all categories but they certainly have a darn impressive track record.

Like most Miami baseball fans I have been disappointed with the teams overall performance for the past several years. However I'm not delusional enough or egocentric enough to think that they will go to Omaha every season. I pull for them to do so but I'm enough of a realist to know that in any game, any team can beat any other team. That's baseball and a large part of what makes it fun.

I had the pleasure this season of sitting through the 16 inning N. Carolina game. One of the most enjoyable and at the same time frustrating games I've ever attended. Emotions all over the place. So yeah, I do enjoy the **** out of Miami baseball, win or lose. That's kind of what fans do. Try it some time. It will definately improve your outlook.

However I'm not delusional enough or egocentric enough to think that they will go to Omaha every season.

This is where your post comes crumbling down. No one expects us to go to Omaha every season. Quit acting as though we went last year and some psychotic fans are up in arms that we might not go back. We haven't been in SIX YEARS. Why the **** do I have to keep repeating that? It's as though you people clear your memories every February. "Oh, we won't go to Omaha? Well, you can't go every year." No sht. How about once in a six year span? Could we start there?

Advertisement
Back