We Don't Have The Only Former Players That Are Insane About Potential New Coaches

Hey man Collin McCarthy is out here throwing heat with his suggestions
Hahaha.

Jordan Orlovsky > Mike Tomlin
Screenshot_20211022-210359_Google.jpg

Advertisement
FWIW, I think Tomlin would kill it In need college football.
He would absolutely.

But Tomlin has been coaching in the NFL for 20 years straight, I don’t see him leaving one of the best jobs in the league to take a step down to college where he would have to deal with unruly impatient fans & ****head egotistical boosters that wanna micromanage your every move...

Tomlin has autonomy in Pittsburgh & they’re a Franchise that doesn’t believe in firing their coaches, so he has the ultimate job security. Not to mention, if Pittsburgh were to ever wanna part ways from Tomlin he would be one the hottest coaches on the market, a whole bunch of teams in the league would hire Tomlin in a second, he’s easily a top 5-10 coach in the league IMO.

And I’m saying all of this as a Ravens fan.

Why on earth would Tomlin want to go from being a highly respected and winning NFL coach, to having to sit in living rooms and kiss the *** of snot faced 17 year olds. And it’s not just a one time deal. Not only you, but your staff has to act like love starved puppy dogs towards these kids.

No fūcking way. People that make suggestions like this just don’t think things through.

Advertisement
Advertisement
From dream candidates to this. Life comes at Carson Palmer fast...

(I still think it'll probably be Franklin....if they still want him)

Ouch. What did college football ever do to Mike Tomlin?! Seemed like legitimate anger. That said, he's gonna take the Texas Tech job. You heard it heat first.

It’s gonna be Fickell or Franklin. If they don’t want Franklin anymore and Fickell says no, they might get stuck with Fisher.

He would absolutely.

But Tomlin has been coaching in the NFL for 20 years straight, I don’t see him leaving one of the best jobs in the league to take a step down to college where he would have to deal with unruly impatient fans & ****head egotistical boosters that wanna micromanage your every move...

Tomlin has autonomy in Pittsburgh & they’re a Franchise that doesn’t believe in firing their coaches, so he has the ultimate job security. Not to mention, if Pittsburgh were to ever wanna part ways from Tomlin he would be one the hottest coaches on the market, a whole bunch of teams in the league would hire Tomlin in a second, he’s easily a top 5-10 coach in the league IMO.

And I’m saying all of this as a Ravens fan.
Can you put in a good word for me?

I'm bailing on the Panthers if they trade for Watson.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back