We don’t even attempt to block FGs or Punts

dont vcare to do either. kickers have been pretty awful this year in the NFL/College. just let them miss on their own.

Advertisement
Been like this for years. We don't try to block on punt returns either. gunners just running right up field free.

Did Manny help manage any of the special teams before this season, as he had experience before at NC State... Or did Patke pick up techniques from Hartley? I see the same head scratching ***** at special teams now as I did 4 years ago.

This special teams is so poorly coached, they’re being coached to not even attempt to block our put pressure on FG kickers, even on 50+ yard attempts. Before the snap our players back off 7-8 yards instead of rushing.

This mesns, we are literally giving kicker and the holder a pressure free kick and a pressure free hold. We are the only team in America...college or pro that does this dumb ****.

There is soooo much that’s frustrating about how this team is being coached, it’s infuriating.

These assistants aren’t Miami caliber, and for **** sure Manny has no business being HC hear.

Everything single time we have gone in to block a punt we have gotten a penalty and or almost got a penalty.

We probably run into the kicker.... I remember there was a time where our special teams were just as dangerous on both sides of the ball. GEEZ
Where have these good times gone?

Our special teams other than the kicking game have played well. You guys have ni clue what youre talking about and just ***** to *****

Advertisement
I discussed this on another thread. I think we have to work on blocked punts more in practice. And blocking field goals. On punt returns we gotta double the gunners at time to get more out of the return game. If you got jt4 pope coming off the edge on punt block team good things are gonna happen.

Advertisement
Garbage coaching. But UM special teams being trash in nothing new. Who remembers Richard Gordon returning kicks?

:snoopfacepalm:
I thought it was pretty cool....like Refrigerator Perry in Chicago back in the '80's.

refrigeratorperry1-e1467056278438.jpg

A new OL and ST coach is mandatory this offseason. If Manny doesn't make this tough move, he's not going to last.

Butch needs to be given the door. He is not suited for college ball.

Patke has some decent value on D but is a joke as a ST coach.

People doubted Manny had the balls and then he fired the entire offensive staff. I'm confident he'll make the changes that are needed.

This special teams is so poorly coached, they’re being coached to not even attempt to block our put pressure on FG kickers, even on 50+ yard attempts. Before the snap our players back off 7-8 yards instead of rushing.

This mesns, we are literally giving kicker and the holder a pressure free kick and a pressure free hold. We are the only team in America...college or pro that does this dumb ****.

There is soooo much that’s frustrating about how this team is being coached, it’s infuriating.

These assistants aren’t Miami caliber, and for **** sure Manny has no business being HC hear.

Given how much some of these players ***** up assignments I'm happy I did'nt see any 15 yard running into the kicker penalties. Keep in mind Ivey blew a fake punt when he was coached how to defend it and was told it was coming

Advertisement
Given how much some of these players ***** up assignments I'm happy I did'nt see any 15 yard running into the kicker penalties. Keep in mind Ivey blew a fake punt when he was coached how to defend it and was told it was coming
Wow dude a non sunshine post from you, keep up the good work!

Yeap, that's the problem. That'll fix the passing game, the running game. 3rd down defense. So insightful.

Advertisement
Undisciplined ST, muffed a punt to lose a game, got burned twice by fake punts to help lose, took a roughing penalty... So until a real ST coach arrives, just tell them to try and block somebody legally and avoid doing anything else stupid to hurt us.

Advertisement
Back