We don’t even attempt to block FGs or Punts

Advertisement
I really don't even care because even if we do block it I'm sure it will find its way through the uprights somehow. That's just how opposing kickers roll against us nowadays.

Let's see... 7-5 average record for the past 20 years. Yup, they're Miami calibre coaches alright.

They did the field goal safe one time yesterday. It’s like you spent 24 hours thinking of something to whine about so you could fit in with this board and this is the best you could come up with
Probably. Lou is top 15 in the nation in punting ave. and we want to bring up not trying to block field goals. GTFOH Svengali.

Advertisement
This special teams is so poorly coached, they’re being coached to not even attempt to block our put pressure on FG kickers, even on 50+ yard attempts. Before the snap our players back off 7-8 yards instead of rushing.

This mesns, we are literally giving kicker and the holder a pressure free kick and a pressure free hold. We are the only team in America...college or pro that does this dumb ****.

There is soooo much that’s frustrating about how this team is being coached, it’s infuriating.

These assistants aren’t Miami caliber, and for **** sure Manny has no business being HC hear.
Is this a satire post?

This special teams is so poorly coached, they’re being coached to not even attempt to block our put pressure on FG kickers, even on 50+ yard attempts. Before the snap our players back off 7-8 yards instead of rushing.

This mesns, we are literally giving kicker and the holder a pressure free kick and a pressure free hold. We are the only team in America...college or pro that does this dumb ****.

There is soooo much that’s frustrating about how this team is being coached, it’s infuriating.

These assistants aren’t Miami caliber, and for **** sure Manny has no business being HC hear.

I almost did a similar post a while back. I think they got so spooked with the GT fake punt for TD that they are conceding extra points and field goals so they don't get burned again. Mullens also burned them on a fake punt. They don't even place a lengthy guy like Rousseau just jumping up the middle to at least try to change the trajectory of the kick. You can at least still do that and protect for a possible fake.

Agree on Field Goal blocking, we need to at least try to block a few FG's putting some pressure on Kickers to possibly shank some kicks due to a bad snap or simply just hurrying up their process.

On Punts no way, this team is too undisciplined, that's just a running into the Kicker/Roughing the Kicker penalty waiting to happen.
This is 100% spot on. For the most part punt blocking on any team is a thing of the past regardless of team as most of the time you will end up hitting the punter . But yes we should pressure the fg for sure .

Advertisement
I can’t recall a fake punt or kick this season. Could be it’s buried under all the STDs...
(Ok, before you get your Gs in a wad, STD stands for Special Teams Debacles)

I can’t recall a fake punt or kick this season. Could be it’s buried under all the STDs...
(Ok, before you get your Gs in a wad, STD stands for Special Teams Debacles)
Maybe because it's a bad idea when you're inside your own 20.

Advertisement
I am ok with not trying to block any FGs or punts. Its a 15 yard penalty waiting to happen with this group.

Advertisement
Diaz was happy to point to this as a key last weekend: “Our special teams dominated,” he said. “In a game where everything mattered we got a lot of the little things right.”

Advertisement
Back