We didn't quit!

SgtBone

Freshman
This is the first time we have come back from being down 20 pts since joining the ACC. We were 0-25 in games where we were down by 20+ pts until this game. These kids fought hard, and the defense provided the momentum shift that we desperately needed. We shut them down after that punt return and got a wide left gift. I know it wasn't a blowout victory, and that first half was straight up ugly AF. This was a hard game to get back into, but these kids never gave up. I wish I could've been there, but it sounded loud in my living room. GO CANES!

Advertisement
A lot of us gave up, including me, here on the boards, but not the kids. This team’s gonna be special next year and on as it gets more experience and cohesion.

I think that most of us had such high expectations for this game, but like many said, "It's a rivalry game." We have to give these kids massive props for coming out and shutting them down in crunch time. The defense for the turnovers and TFLs, and the offense got it done in the end.

These games will build this teams confidence that we're still in these tough games. I think next year will be special, but I'm enjoying this year until the end. Hopefully we close the season strong on the field and on the trail. Let's lock up the Coastal and land these big fish!

Advertisement
A lot of us gave up, including me, here on the boards, but not the kids. This team’s gonna be special next year and on as it gets more experience and cohesion.

Yeap, those kids were the men yesterday. FSU gave their best shot and played hard until the very end but our kids hung tough and kept slugging. Many here will not like the comparison but they where like Trump yesterday- never quitting, never stopped swinging, never giving up no matter how bloody and in then end raising their arms in victory. Both teams gave it their all. This game was Game Day worthy after all. ESPN missed the best game and who knows, maybe Being there when the next champion grew up.

Yeap, those kids were the men yesterday. FSU gave their best shot and played hard until the very end but our kids hung tough and kept slugging. Many here will not like the comparison but they where like Trump yesterday- never quitting, never stopped swinging, never giving up no matter how bloody and in then end raising their arms in victory. Both teams gave it their all. This game was Game Day worthy after all. ESPN missed the best game and who knows, maybe Being there when the next champion grew up.

I prefer not to involve sports and politics, but you are right about those kids' tenacity. This will remain in those freshmen/RS freshmen's minds for the years to come. This definitely will give them that chip on their shoulder that they can overcome the adversity. I was glad to see that Perry didn't seen to get down on himself too much, and made some big time throws when it mattered most.

I prefer not to involve sports and politics, but you are right about those kids' tenacity. This will remain in those freshmen/RS freshmen's minds for the years to come. This definitely will give them that chip on their shoulder that they can overcome the adversity. I was glad to see that Perry didn't seen to get down on himself too much, and made some big time throws when it mattered most.

I see you’re up early too. Yeah, I know about the political stuff but the only other comparison I thought of was Churchill and I’m not sure how many younger members would get the reference. Let’s try: like Churchill, these kids made the FSU punt return for TD “their finest hour” by never quitting, never, never, never giving up. Guess I could have gone with Rocky but that was just make believe and this was real. Anyway, it is great to be a Miami Hurricane.

I see you’re up early too. Yeah, I know about the political stuff but the only other comparison I thought of was Churchill and I’m not sure how many younger members would get the reference. Let’s try: like Churchill, these kids made the FSU punt return for TD “their finest hour” by never quitting, never, never, never giving up. Guess I could have gone with Rocky but that was just make believe and this was real. Anyway, it is great to be a Miami Hurricane.

I work nights, so technically I'm just up late lol. HAHA I can dig the Churchill reference.

Advertisement
I was at duffy's. I told all the FSU nerds, the game is never over. Now people can stop killing Diaz, give me an attacking Defense all day.

It's nice that we didn't quit against an unranked team that is now 3-3.

People are giving FSU far too much credit for a team they used to be.

There are still some good players there. But there are good players on most teams on our schedule.

This is the first time we have come back from being down 20 pts since joining the ACC. We were 0-25 in games where we were down by 20+ pts until this game. These kids fought hard, and the defense provided the momentum shift that we desperately needed. We shut them down after that punt return and got a wide left gift. I know it wasn't a blowout victory, and that first half was straight up ugly AF. This was a hard game to get back into, but these kids never gave up. I wish I could've been there, but it sounded loud in my living room. GO CANES!

I work nights, so technically I'm just up late lol. HAHA I can dig the Churchill reference.

Ah. I’m just old and wake up early even after $80 worth of scotch. Two last minute comeback wins against noles in a row and this one had a wide left as a cherry. **** FSU played hard and looked big and mean up front but our Kids became men yesterday.

Advertisement
It's nice that we didn't quit against an unranked team that is now 3-3.

People are giving FSU far too much credit for a team they used to be.

There are still some good players there. But there are good players on most teams on our schedule.

It was definitely a frustrating game to watch, and J. Johnson said it best, "we're playing down to their level and playing undisciplined." I'm mostly looking at the fact that they could've accepted defeat being down 20, having just given up a punt return for a td, and being stagnant on both sides. They didn't though, and they worked through the adversity. There's something to be said about that.

The game film will be ugly, and people will get held accountable (you'd hope anyway) and hopefully this makes us better. I predicted a blowout victory, but **** happens. I'm sure everything negative will be picked apart on this site by amateurs and experts, and will be beat like a dead horse. This was a silver lining post I guess.

Advertisement
I agree.

It was definitely a frustrating game to watch, and J. Johnson said it best, "we're playing down to their level and playing undisciplined." I'm mostly looking at the fact that they could've accepted defeat being down 20, having just given up a punt return for a td, and being stagnant on both sides. They didn't though, and they worked through the adversity. There's something to be said about that.

The game film will be ugly, and people will get held accountable (you'd hope anyway) and hopefully this makes us better. I predicted a blowout victory, but **** happens. I'm sure everything negative will be picked apart on this site by amateurs and experts, and will be beat like a dead horse. This was a silver lining post I guess.

As much as I would have loved to absolutely destroy FSU...and that's what I thought was going to happen...looking back this is a much more useful experience for the kids to build off of. They proved to themselves that **** near anything is possible if you keep grinding with a never die...win the battle at all costs mentality.

The team reached deep in the psychological well last night...which is harder to do than the physical aspect. This comeback IS something to be proud of. They sucked...and they turned it around. Good for them and I hope they use this experience for all it is worth going forward.

This is true. Way to go UM Players!

To our benefit, I'm thinking that the recruits there last tonight were even more impressed with this type of victory than they would have been if we merely covered.

4 td's, no ints in NKosi's first FSU game is impressive! Heart, competitiveness? You can check those boxes off.

For those who care, his completion percentage, it was not good(41%). But he is the next level QB we need.

Advertisement
Back