We better hope the colombus mafia is willing to way over spend in NIL.

Advertisement
20190630_230256.gif

To keep and finis this class because we are staring at a 4-8 type season and every school out there will be going after our commits like sharks in blood.Rough,rough times ahead.
It is clear that they are going to have to step up to make their boy successful. It is clear that is also true for his future staff hires. No doubt in my mind the purge is going to be biblical.

Last edited:
Everyone is talking about spending NIL money. But the biggest fail we've had from Diaz and Richt's staff before him is talent evaluation and development. Gurvan Hall can't even start at Utah State. Avantae Williams gets 5 snaps a game and looks like the GOAT on 2 of them and a goat on 3 others. We haven't had one upper ACC LB since Shaq. Nearly all our best players have been portal transfers for the past few years.

I agree we need to sling some money around. But step 1 is targeting good players to begin with. Mario is rock solid at that. We need him to be best in the nation over the next 2-3 classes to have a chance to get back to being competitive again.

Advertisement
We don't need to up the nil. at this point we need a ******* witch doctor to to brainwash kids into coming here.i see people saying that Mario needs his own players. well good luck trying to get top talent here noone in their right mind should come play for these guys
Hasn’t lost a commit yet, despite losing to MTSU and Duke.

Trying to be objective, but I wonder if this was always going the be the year that the previous failures caught up with us. Bad OL recruiting. Bad LB recruiting. Just not recruiting cornerbacks at all.

Let’s say Manny stayed and got a Rhett clone, presumably our ceiling is 6 wins (versus the 4 it appears with this regime). So even if we are 6-6 under Manny, he’s still toast in year 4.
I’ve thought about this too…. Sure manny grabs a few portal guys as always but the difference this off season was the money getting thrown around in NIL was silly and without the backing Mario got manny definitely doesn’t get nearly as many talented kids or close to what Mario got…

Which means this team is even worse…. And with Steele who is already trying to run a more disciplined defense is still surrendering big plays due to terrible safety play I can only imagine what Mannys defense with more chaotic undisciplined would have given up… it would have been a BAD year

Also let’s not skip over being so light at RB after the injuries… Parrish has been a blessing

He might have inherited a mess but some of his hires have failed miserably. Tan Enos better be a one and done at UM. Guy is pathetic. Everybody was fooled with the Broyles award. Hook line and sinker

Advertisement
Focus the money on the portal and the gattis buy out. That will make the most immediate impact. The recruiting class is the 3rd priority in my opinion.

To be blunt, we need:

1) Make a hard assessment of whether the coaches under Mario are responsible, the talent, or injuries. If the majority of the blame is the first, Mario needs to cut ties when the regular season ends. As there will be no bowl game this year

2) Mario to not be obstinate. He has the security of a ten year deal, but does he want to average 3 wins a season with a ceiling of 6? Because this can easily happen? He needs to self evaluate.

3) Overspending....vast overspending in NIL. Ridiculous numbers to new incoming players. And if the current players complain or threaten to leave...let them. They lost to Middle Tennessee State.
Be interesting to see what Ruiz "spends" this upcoming cycle. My guess is he will cut back drastically. And ... he's basically the only one spending to benefit our program? South Florida is a major metro area? Where are all the others whose businesses could benefit from NIL?

Be interesting to see what Ruiz "spends" this upcoming cycle. My guess is he will cut back drastically. And ... he's basically the only one spending to benefit our program? South Florida is a major metro area? Where are all the others whose businesses could benefit from NIL?
We will see what happens when basketball season starts, but my guess is Ruiz is going to see better ROI on the hoops side

Advertisement
None of this matters in the end. We're stuck with what we got for 3 seasons at least. For better or for worse. Let it play out is all we can do

Staff has been in place less than 6 months, ya’ll are crazy. You smart people realize Mario has had 1st round picks and good ones the last few years right. Seemed to develop good at Oregon. He just forgot now? Ya’ll need some type of release.
its 6 months now? its closer to 9 months for the complete staff. they didnt just take over 5 months ago lol.

yet the main board wants Ruiz (and our NIL) gone..
cant make this **** up :D

Don't want him gone. Want him to put his money where his mouth is for basically telling the BOT his wallet would be permanently closed if UM didn't hire Cristobal.

Advertisement
Trying to be objective, but I wonder if this was always going the be the year that the previous failures caught up with us. Bad OL recruiting. Bad LB recruiting. Just not recruiting cornerbacks at all.

Let’s say Manny stayed and got a Rhett clone, presumably our ceiling is 6 wins (versus the 4 it appears with this regime). So even if we are 6-6 under Manny, he’s still toast in year 4.

I remember when Enos took the job, how we all thought it was a red flag that Jalen Hurts, who Enos had supposedly developed, didn't want to follow him to UM. We got stuck with Jarren Williams for the season, who may have had the worst work ethic of any UM QB in 30 years (Richt was abysmal at recruiting the position where he was supposed to be an expert).

I am honestly a little surprised that no quality players from Oregon wanted to follow Cristobal to Miami. Youd think that with Mario's "super recruiter" super powers that he'd have some talented kids sitting on the bench that would be eager for a guaranteed starting role at UM.

there's no real appetite for college athletes in a major metro. its a pro town.

Advertisement
Back