We better get this man on the field 2020

Cuban-Cane

Recruit
1578511035203.png

Dont know if this happens with you all but sometimes you can see in a player's eyes that he has a chance to be a baller. I get that feeling looking at this kid Michael Redding. Family full of Noles but decided to be a cane. He will walk into campus as our most physically developed wide receiver. He is raw from a route running standpoint but this new offense requires a very simple route tree and I think it will make it easier to play freshmen. He did not put up the best numbers at IMG but that is because they spread the ball around a lot and play many guys at wr. I would really like to see this kid get involved early on. His testing numbers are off the charts : 4.54 40, 4.3 shuttle, 41.40 INCH VERTICAL all at a verified 6'2 195 pounds. College ready body, college ready athleticism (I doubt the top 2 receivers in this years draft put up numbers this good). Just teach him the simple route trees we're gonna run and get him on the field. Our receiver depth is watered down this year.

1578511202993.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
View attachment 107895

Dont know if this happens with you all but sometimes you can see in a player's eyes that he has a chance to be a baller. I get that feeling looking at this kid Michael Redding. Family full of Noles but decided to be a cane. He will walk into campus as our most physically developed wide receiver. He is raw from a route running standpoint but this new offense requires a very simple route tree and I think it will make it easier to play freshmen. He did not put up the best numbers at IMG but that is because they spread the ball around a lot and play many guys at wr. I would really like to see this kid get involved early on. His testing numbers are off the charts : 4.54 40, 4.3 shuttle, 41.40 INCH VERTICAL all at a verified 6'2 195 pounds. College ready body, college ready athleticism (I doubt the top 2 receivers in this years draft put up numbers this good). Just teach him the simple route trees we're gonna run and get him on the field. Our receiver depth is watered down this year.

View attachment 107896

if history has taught us anything
many will redshirt him
and **** probably contract the disease during his redshirt year

Advertisement
We may be low in depth at receiver but this will give us an opportunity to cut down to 5 guys or so in our rotation at receiver which will provide benefit in the passing game in terms of more reps and a familiarity which can’t be understated in developing chemistry in an offense. Take a look at the passing games for Oklahoma, Clemson, bama etc they use the same set of receivers every game which is generally 3-4 guys. We have been using upwards of like 7 receivers which doesn’t allow for players to actually get comfortable and grow.

in regards to Redding he is primed to contribute next year for sure. A group of pope, , payton, Harley, Wiggins, Redding as the top 5 is still a talented group. I believe restrepo factors in on special teams for sure and won’t redshirt however worsham needs to add weight a redshirt year may come for him

Last edited:
if history has taught us anything
many will redshirt him
and **** probably contract the disease during his redshirt year
I dont know man. Jeremiah Payton didnt understand the playbook but thats because Enos playbook is bigger than the jungle book and complicated for no reason at all. This offense (for better or worse) will be super easy to learn.

The offense may be simple in the sense of knowing assignments but the route designs are more complex and precise than under previous staffs. It's not just simple releases and straight-line route stems. WRs will be expected to use some shake and deception with their routes

Advertisement
Hey cuban..........good observation.
This kid steps in and has something to prove. To himself , our Canes, his family, school, friends, and to us fans.
This pressure of performing should be pushing him,........... and you are right.......... I think it will.

It will also put pressure on the WR room to step up, and GET separation, which did not happen consistently, game to game, all season.

Payton is good in my book, but Pope, Harley, and Wiggins, better find another gear, because they need to show us something rather than out of positions, slow reads, getting beat, and generally nothing but ordinary play.

We need to get some fire in there, so the show me time is coming, especially with a new playbook.

I'm interested in seeing both him and Payton with a decent offense. I'm also curious to see if Pope, Wiggins, and Harley will shine.
Just the very thought that we're going to field an O that actually makes sense and is run intelligently is a mindblower and almost seems unreal. I cannot wait to see what Lash does with these players! And, I could care less if it saves Manny's job. I just want to win and enjoy watching our games again.

Just the very thought that we're going to field an O that actually makes sense and is run intelligently is a mindblower and almost seems unreal. I cannot wait to see what Lash does with these players! And, I could care less if it saves Manny's job. I just want to win and enjoy watching our games again.
Just to win consistently again would be a step up.....totally agree.

Advertisement
The offense may be simple in the sense of knowing assignments but the route designs are more complex and precise than under previous staffs. It's not just simple releases and straight-line route stems. WRs will be expected to use some shake and deception with their routes
Maybe but the route concepts are very simple. Like Im talking high school simple. Of course you have to be sharp running it but the concepts themselves are much simpler than previous staffs.

We may be low in depth at receiver but this will give us an opportunity to cut down to 5 guys or so in our rotation at receiver which will provide benefit in the passing game in terms of more reps and a familiarity which can’t be understated in developing chemistry in an offense. Take a look at the passing games for Oklahoma, Clemson, bama etc they use the same set of receivers every game which is generally 3-4 guys. We have been using upwards of like 7 receivers which doesn’t allow for players to actually get comfortable and grow.

in regards to Redding he is primed to contribute next year for sure. A group of pope, , payton, Harley, Wiggins, Redding as the top 5 is still a talented group. I believe restrepo factors in on special teams for sure and won’t redshirt however worsham needs to add weight a redshirt year may come for him

There's definitely going to be opportunity. Everyone in that WR room better get their wind up.

Advertisement
Back