We beat UVA

Advertisement
Advertisement
1. If we get TO’s. Versus ND, UVA was prone to turnovers. We have to really pressure the QB from all angles. We have mix coverages.
2. Can score early and set the tone. UF, UNC and VT were all given scoring cushions that put so much pressure on the offense and limited the margin for error. We need to put UVA on its heels.
3. Good mix on RPO. Short, quick passes when defenders load the box, runs (QB and RB) when read is there. Go deep when 1 on 1 on the edges.
4. Got to work the TE’s over the middle. That will open up the field
Everyone's ****ed, I get it. I am too. But not everything has to be forced into a negative spin. You make great points, OP. The quick leads we've given to several opponents have been absolutly crushing. Believe it was 0-17 vs UNC and 0-28 vs VT. That is just not workable if we want to win games. How we start tomorrow will be key. Agree we HAVE to get pressure on him. Problem is, we just haven't generated pressure worth sh-t. Really hope Manny cooks something up to rattle Perkins. And yes, lots of balls to the TE and a fair share of deep shots down the field. And for the love of god, let's not abandon the run game!

There's zero reason we can't win this game. But if that 1st half vs VT team shows up, we will get beat by 15+.

1. If we get TO’s. Versus ND, UVA was prone to turnovers. We have to really pressure the QB from all angles. We have mix coverages.
2. Can score early and set the tone. UF, UNC and VT were all given scoring cushions that put so much pressure on the offense and limited the margin for error. We need to put UVA on its heels.
3. Good mix on RPO. Short, quick passes when defenders load the box, runs (QB and RB) when read is there. Go deep when 1 on 1 on the edges.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Advertisement
The title of this thread is misleading. I was very hopeful when I read it. Then I read the conditions....

The conditions I highlighted are all under our control. We either execute or we don’t. OL is a problem, kicking is a problem. They weren’t part of the conditions since we can’t don’t have the personnel to control them. We can use our TE’s, we can pressure the QB, we have a diverse group of WR’s so we can vary our play selection. It’s not “pie in the sky” to believe we could manage these conditions. It’s on the players and coaches.

We beat UVA, we start a 20 game win streak heading into next years ACC ship (assuming we don’t make this years). 2016 we had lost to UNC/VT and went on that run. The talent is there. The schedule is weak. A couple small changes and we back in business.

But if you tell me we don’t make a bowl this year, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Please stop.... we ALL have to stop believing in the Easter Bunny 🤦‍♂️
B89BF101-549F-4FAE-962C-1D9EA1BEFB82.gif

Advertisement

We might beat UVA if the players lock Manny in the locker room and refuse to allow him to coach the game. Otherwise, we lose.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back