We aren't getting....

Can you please show us their financial profiles.

News flash, they have been winning. They have just been outdone by Bama, LSU, and UF. Last I checked, they had some pretty good coaches at football powerhouse programs with as much or more money.

Miles is a **** good coach too and was just about fired due to the same things Richt was. Been there a long time, fans want more, but both got Meyer'd and Saban'd.

outdone EVERY time...EVERY TIME...even when having NFL QUARTERBACKS...something NEITHER OF THOSE SCHOOLS LISTED CAN DO

Every time? Huh, what? It looks like a toddler nabbed your tablet. What are you trying to say? Give us some context here.

So insert Botch, same everything, players, etc. Do you think he does a better job?

Yes I think Butch would have done a better job...we've seen what Butch can do at a school that gets Elite Talent. We've also seen what Richt can do at a school that gets elite talent..he keeps them good..never makes them great.

Advertisement
You guys bang on Richt for not winning anything, but you're not gonna win much when you're competing against Saban and Meyer every year. What great coaches did butch have to go through while at UNC?

lol you're comparing a coach @ UNC vs a Coach @ UGA ????

You should really read what he asked again.

Botch didn't face great coaches in the ACC. He faced a bunch of chumps by and large. He came out of the conference with a losing conference record, but he finished second in he NFL draft pick lottery behind FSU. He showed what kind of corch he was, no question.

You're comparing winning @ UNC vs Winning @ UGA..its not comparable on any level.

You're really that slow?

Here, I will help.

Butch faced what name / great coaches at UNC? The Coastal isn't exactly known for good teams, the entire conference isn't. How did he do there?

My guess, I probably need to dumb it down for you more.

Just for fun, how many NC coaches did Botch face yearly at UNC? How many NC's came out of the ACC while he was there?

You guys bang on Richt for not winning anything, but you're not gonna win much when you're competing against Saban and Meyer every year. What great coaches did butch have to go through while at UNC?

Botch didn't face great coaches in the ACC. He faced a bunch of chumps by and large. He came out of the conference with a losing conference record, but he finished second in he NFL draft pick lottery behind FSU. He showed what kind of corch he was, no question.

You're comparing winning @ UNC vs Winning @ UGA..its not comparable on any level.

You're really that slow?

Here, I will help.

Butch faced what name / great coaches at UNC? The Coastal isn't exactly known for good teams, the entire conference isn't. How did he do there?

Just for fun, how many NC coaches did Botch face yearly at UNC? How many NC's came out of the ACC while he was there?

You're taking 1 part of his coaching and ignoring everything else he's done...meanwhile you're taking 15 years of Richt and giving him credit for not beating saban..lsu and uf. Butch took the **** Cleveland Browns to the freak'n playoffs...built the best team in College history. Did he win the acc with unc ? no..do you expect him or any other coach too though ? I never expect unc to be better than Miami FSU Clemson..unless of course they have the wrong ppl in charge.

You're really that slow?

Here, I will help.

It's this simple. Butch's average record in college is 7.9-4.3. Richt's is 9.7-3.4, and Richt had tougher schedules year in and year out.

Advertisement
You just made the whole case. Richt is used to all that. How is he going to do when he doesnt have boosters with duffle bags throwing at the kids? I know exactly what Butch is going to do. We need Butch for tgis moment. The brand is on life support. Generations of kids never seen a good Miami
Urban or Nick so I've got a question for you all.

The BBB brigade keeps trying to shoot down any available candhidate.

We don't compare favorably to the top teams in financial backing, fan support, facilities, and a bunch of other things. The one and only advantage we have is our recruiting base, that's it. Some may say weather, but besides the oddball recruit that won't matter.

No matter who is chosen, they'll have to eventually coach that talent up. The right guy for that is whom in your opinion? You don't win, your recruiting dies, so the most important question to answer is who the best available and interested coach is?

If you're comparing the four names being tossed around, with a better recruiting base, it's clear as day Richt would be the way to go on paper. The other stuff you guys gather from articles, how much fire he has, and all that other b.s. will come out in his interview.

My main reasoning for wanting Butch or Richt is Butch knows what to expect here. High demands from the fan base, Poor home game atmosphere, etc. Butch has dealt with it before. Richt has not and it a big difference from only show in town SEC gamedays from what he will see in Miami.

Mark = Miami Nice

And what are we supposed to be? Stop sleeping man!!!! Wake the **** up and realize we will never carry the swagger we did back in the day. Football has changed. No team is like that right now in college football and frankly no team will ever be. I understand you probably spent a **** ton of money on "Swagger" t-shirts, but I'm sure you could get something for those at the local consignment shop.

You just made the whole case. Richt is used to all that. How is he going to do when he doesnt have boosters with duffle bags throwing at the kids? I know exactly what Butch is going to do. We need Butch for tgis moment. The brand is on life support. Generations of kids never seen a good Miami

We don't compare favorably to the top teams in financial backing, fan support, facilities, and a bunch of other things. The one and only advantage we have is our recruiting base, that's it. Some may say weather, but besides the oddball recruit that won't matter.

No matter who is chosen, they'll have to eventually coach that talent up. The right guy for that is whom in your opinion? You don't win, your recruiting dies, so the most important question to answer is who the best available and interested coach is?

If you're comparing the four names being tossed around, with a better recruiting base, it's clear as day Richt would be the way to go on paper. The other stuff you guys gather from articles, how much fire he has, and all that other b.s. will come out in his interview.

Oh, okay....guess he just needed more duffle bags.

Butch needed more at UNC I guess. He could only manage 15-17 in conference against those richer and dirtier Coastal teams.

Advertisement
My main reasoning for wanting Butch or Richt is Butch knows what to expect here. High demands from the fan base, Poor home game atmosphere, etc. Butch has dealt with it before. Richt has not and it a big difference from only show in town SEC gamedays from what he will see in Miami.

So you think Richt is unfamiliar with the territory? lol

Yes because all Butch Davis did was coach UNC. Please find a way to raise your IQ

Oh, okay....guess he just needed more duffle bags.

Butch needed more at UNC I guess. He could only manage 15-17 in conference against those richer and dirtier Coastal teams.

So you think Richt is unfamiliar with the territory? lol

Unfamiliar with coaching in it. Yes. His last 25+ years have been in college towns. FSU then UGA. Miami is a different animal.

Uhhhhhh-Golden. Oh, I forgot, Butch lost to Golden. LOL

Advertisement
Mark = Miami Nice

And what are we supposed to be? Stop sleeping man!!!! Wake the **** up and realize we will never carry the swagger we did back in the day. Football has changed. No team is like that right now in college football and frankly no team will ever be. I understand you probably spent a **** ton of money on "Swagger" t-shirts, but I'm sure you could get something for those at the local consignment shop.

Actually, JJ coined that phrase. See Miami Vice was the hit show at the time and JJ was unhappy with our tackling and general defensive performance. He called the team Miami Nice. True, no team will match those Canes, but we do not have to be candy *** sissy boys either. Bama and MSU seem to bring a lot of nasty every week.

One question, how much is a "**** ton of money"? Everyone has different means, but the last time the price of even a gross of t-shirts was noticeable to me, I was had just graduated high school (which unfortunately was long before the days of swagger), so how is that in today's dollars?

THIS.......THIS......THIS.....THIS
If you remove Butch Davis' name from his record and replace it UMeyer or NSaban nobody would want them. It's funny how recrord and overall accomplishments come into play with every available coach but Butch.

Amazing

Last edited:
Can you please show us their financial profiles.

News flash, they have been winning. They have just been outdone by Bama, LSU, and UF. Last I checked, they had some pretty good coaches at football powerhouse programs with as much or more money.

Miles is a **** good coach too and was just about fired due to the same things Richt was. Been there a long time, fans want more, but both got Meyer'd and Saban'd.

At this point, there's no use talking about Butch anymore. They've made it perfectly clear they will NOT hire him under any circumstances.

Advertisement

THIS.......THIS......THIS.....THIS
If you remove Butch Davis' name from him record and replace it UMeyer or NSaban nobody wojld want them. It's funny record and overall accomplishments come into play with every available coach but Butch.

Amazing

Advertisement
Back