We are Rank #16 Early 2017 Top 25.

R9dblanco

Recruit
Alabama Crimson Tide, Florida State Seminoles headline Way Too Early Top 25 for 2017

16. Miami

2016 record: 9-4, 5-3 ACC
Returning starters: 6 offense, 8 defense, 1 special teams

Key losses: QB Brad Kaaya, RB, Joseph Yearby, WR Stacy Coley, TE David Njoku, G Danny Isidora, CB Corn Elder, FS Rayshawn Jenkins, S Jamal Carter Sr.

Outlook: After winning nine games, including Miami's first bowl victory in a decade, Mark Richt's first season as coach of his alma mater was an undeniable success. Miami's defense under coordinator Manny Diaz was much improved, even with the Hurricanes starting three freshman linebackers. If the Hurricanes are going to improve in Year 2 under Richt, they'll have to find a replacement for quarterback Brad Kaaya. The program's all-time leading passer is leaving early for the NFL draft. Sophomore Malik Rosier, who has thrown 61 passes the past two seasons combined, is the favorite to replace him, but freshmen Jack Allison and Evan Shirreffs might also get looks. The Hurricanes will play three of their most difficult ACC games on the road in 2017 -- at North Carolina, Pitt and Florida State.

What you all think?

Advertisement
Eh, I don't know about the season being an undeniable success part (I guarantee you most of the players and coaches would honestly tell you if they could that they were disappointed by this season given what could have been), but 16 seems fair.

They have to put FSU at #2 to hype up the opening game, but Bama is going to stomp on their nuts. Badly.

I am confident we will be much higher than 16th when the 2017 season is over. I am feeling real good about our team.

Advertisement
Nice to start the season in the top 20. Where is WVU starting the season ranked on this list, btw since we just crushed them and finished this season behind them?

FSU is going to be so f*cking overrated going into next year. Francois is good, but he is not great, their O-line sucks, and they lost their two best players by far in Cook and Walker. Three losses again for Free Shoes next year.

Eh, I don't know about the season being an undeniable success part (I guarantee you most of the players and coaches would honestly tell you if they could that they were disappointed by this season given what could have been), but 16 seems fair.

They have to put FSU at #2 to hype up the opening game, but Bama is going to stomp on their nuts. Badly.

The fact that we ended well, and were really a few plays from being 11-1... Yeah, October sucked the life out of us, but we somehow bounced back and won out. Our D was so much better than anything we have seen in years. If we can get a LEADER at QB, we will easily win the Coastal next year.

As for Brad Kaaya being the all time leading passer at Miami... God I hope that doesn't last long. Ken Dorsey threw 30 more TDs, and TDs are what matters, because THAT gets you wins. Kaaya stalled out on third downs and in the red zone too much to be Miami's all time leading passer in my book.

Advertisement
They have USF ranked ahead of UF :XvfmlQQ:

I was laughing at UF with that post, but CBS actually has USF ranked 10th... 10th!

Way too early top 25 for college football in 2017: Alabama on top, Florida State high - CBSSports.com

10. South Florida: Charlie Strong walks into a loaded locker room. Quarterback Quinton Flowers should contend for the Heisman Trophy. Despite the loss of three-time 1,000-yard rusher Marlon Mack, the Bulls should the favorites in the American.

24. Miami: Isn't everyone always in contention in the ACC Coastal? That certainly seems to be the case for the Canes in Year 2 under Mark Richt. The strength of the team is in the front seven with the loss of Brad Kaaya.

I'm bullish on this defense and our running game taking the next step. I'm also not certain UNC or Pittsburgh pose any threat next year - Pitt lost their QB and Connor and their defense is swiss cheese while UNC might have literally lost every player on offense. The only team that gives me pause is GT (at home) due to their 8th grade offense always being a pain in the *** and FSU. Even VT seems to be diminished after their whole offense left. Maybe I'm a homer but I think we are better next year against a weaker schedule

Advertisement
Taking my orange and green glasses off I don't think we should be in top 25. We only have 2 proven playmakers on offense in Walton and Richards. I think one of qb' step up but our questionable o line won't help. On d we have a great line and the backers will be very good, however the defensive backfield is a huge question mark with Jaquan being the only guy who has showed my anything. So far the recruiting cycle is a fialure. One running back who very well might never play in a hurricane jersey, I don't believe in silents. Literally one injury away from having a walk on at 2 deep at rb, pathetic. One wr commited who could probably use a shirt. I don't see the optimism...

We should win the Coastal next year. While we'll probably struggle on offense, our defense should be top 25. UNC loses their whole offense, VT is in heavy rebuild after their stud juniors bolted, and we beat Pitt every year. No excuses whatsoever.

Parity in college football is alive and well.

We have top 5 caliber talent next year.

Advertisement
Having been pretty good with the last 10 years record predictions, I'm now going on the limb to see us at 10-2 and winning the Coastal...

11 wins is absolute minimum for Richt, including ACCCG and bowls. There is no reason we shouldnt go something like 11-3 this year. None.

Taking my orange and green glasses off I don't think we should be in top 25. We only have 2 proven playmakers on offense in Walton and Richards. I think one of qb' step up but our questionable o line won't help. On d we have a great line and the backers will be very good, however the defensive backfield is a huge question mark with Jaquan being the only guy who has showed my anything. So far the recruiting cycle is a fialure. One running back who very well might never play in a hurricane jersey, I don't believe in silents. Literally one injury away from having a walk on at 2 deep at rb, pathetic. One wr commited who could probably use a shirt. I don't see the optimism...

Well, you're wrong. We definitely should be in the top25

-Our OL wont be as bad as next year.
-Walton and Richards are our best playmakers, not our only playmakers. Others will step up, like Herndon, Mullins, etc. 6 Returning starters on O.
-DB was a question last year too. Malek Young has locked down a starting CB slot. Dean and Bandy are also good enough to start. But if you have a great DL in this type of scheme, The DBs are going to be getting a lot of help. We have 8 returning starters on D.
-you can not believe in silents all you want, but we are getting McFarland.
-You're worrying about injuries too much. not everybody is going to get injured. Sure some may, but not everybody important is going to get hurt.

Last edited:

let them beat bama we beat them real good we go to 1

Advertisement
Back