We are Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Hugh Green was one of the greatest defensive players in the history of college football.

Came in 2nd in Heisman voting to RB George Rogers.

We don't resemble Pitt at all. BTW Wannstache is an f'n IDIOT! He had full personnel control and ran the Bears into the ground with his stupid trades and draft picks. Traded the #11 overall pick for Rick Mirer who was cut one season later. Drafted a PUNTER with a 2nd rounder! Signed Bryan "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" Cox to the biggest contract in Bears history. In 5 years I think he drafted ONE player, Olin Kreutz, who made more than one Pro Bowl. His 1st/2nd round busts include Curtis Conway, Carl Simpson, John Thierry, Marcus Spears, Rashaan Salaam, Pat Riley, Todd Sauerbrun (PUNTER), Walt Harris, Bobby Engram, John Allred, Curtis (P)Enis, Tony Parrish. I can't think of any GM who drafted more busts in a 5 year period. Wannstedt only had success when he was supervised by someone brilliant who kept his idiocy in check. Whenever Wannstache was the boss his teams failed miserably. Bears, Dolphins, Pitt. Anyone who thinks Wannstache is anything more than a bumbling idiot is completely clueless.

Thank u for making relive this chit show in the 90’s.

People always forget this fact during the off season.

Advertisement
A University located in an urban environment. Reminding our rivals of our storied history of multiple National Championships, the most recent of which is decades removed. A University who could not find success despite Dave Wannstedt's interest in helping us turn it around. A school whose fertile recruiting ground is picked clean by state schools with deep pockets. Our home stadium is rented from an NFL team. We recall success in the Big East, but now find ourselves with the ACC Coastal as our biggest potential title. Our head coach got the job, because he had a career as a DC and we can't land a legit head coach with experience.

We are Pitt, but have yet to admit it.
We can recruit way better than Pitt.
I do think our national championship winning time is over but I refuse to believe we can't at least win the sh1tty coastal on a regular basis.
The fact we haven't is inexcusable.

We don't resemble Pitt at all. BTW Wannstache is an f'n IDIOT! He had full personnel control and ran the Bears into the ground with his stupid trades and draft picks. Traded the #11 overall pick for Rick Mirer who was cut one season later. Drafted a PUNTER with a 2nd rounder! Signed Bryan "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" Cox to the biggest contract in Bears history. In 5 years I think he drafted ONE player, Olin Kreutz, who made more than one Pro Bowl. His 1st/2nd round busts include Curtis Conway, Carl Simpson, John Thierry, Marcus Spears, Rashaan Salaam, Pat Riley, Todd Sauerbrun (PUNTER), Walt Harris, Bobby Engram, John Allred, Curtis (P)Enis, Tony Parrish. I can't think of any GM who drafted more busts in a 5 year period. Wannstedt only had success when he was supervised by someone brilliant who kept his idiocy in check. Whenever Wannstache was the boss his teams failed miserably. Bears, Dolphins, Pitt. Anyone who thinks Wannstache is anything more than a bumbling idiot is completely clueless.
Speaking of which, in light of the Alabama game, has Brian Cox used up his eligibility?

Advertisement
Almost agree, a lot of similarities but we've had the talent to beat most ACC teams not named Clemson on any given day and not get mutilated by LSU, Clemson, and Alabama. We've out recruited Pitt pretty much every year, we've done less with more than any team in the ACC or probably even all of CFB. Stars matter, coaching matters.

We are Miami…Pitt is you know Pitt..y’all dudes need to chill with this sh**…What was LSU & Bama before Nicky…Clemson before Dabo….Oklahoma before Stoops….USC before Pete…Gayturds before Steve…all dead programs…hire the right coach & watch Miami be Miami…IMO…

Advertisement
A University located in an urban environment. Reminding our rivals of our storied history of multiple National Championships, the most recent of which is decades removed. A University who could not find success despite Dave Wannstedt's interest in helping us turn it around. A school whose fertile recruiting ground is picked clean by state schools with deep pockets. Our home stadium is rented from an NFL team. We recall success in the Big East, but now find ourselves with the ACC Coastal as our biggest potential title. Our head coach got the job, because he had a career as a DC and we can't land a legit head coach with experience.

I am Pitt, but have yet to admit it.
Fify

What a minute.
This thread gets bumped from 100 years ago, but I caught a point for Seantrel Henderson?

RAlwicGZzcxYCBb9jk.gif

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back