We are one major transfer and low injuries away from a VERY nice season.

We bring in a legit WR1 (which we will probably not get until the next portal opening season) and I don't care how much y'all neg me, I am drinking the coolaid.

The floor is 10 wins. Say it after me, "The floor is 10 wins!"
Is Mario getting injured?

Advertisement
The only game that concerns me next year is at Cal. Jet lag and a large Antifa presence for your #5 Miami Hurricanes facing a perennial conference rival in what will probably be a night game. I'm just glad Ward and Mario have some west coast experience. Can tell the guys to not drink the water and to say they know Ken Dorsey from high school if anything is about to go down.

Is Mario getting injured?
nacho libre GIF

The floor is 10 wins. Say it after me, "The floor is 10 wins!"
The Curse of the Orange Bowl asked me to explain to you the -3 Fade Factor the Canes have been mired in and particularly how it has manifested itself in that elusive "10 win" number.

...since The Curse of the Orange Bowl kicked in.
The fade factor is calculation based on what the fan base predicts and what the coaches and talent actually provide. As an example, a 10-win predicted season and a 7-win actual season equals a Fade Factor of -3. And not to toot my own horn, but nothing reveals a solid curse culture like a team mired in mediocrity. Particularly with some of the recruiting classes they brought in. But fade factor is the culture in curse land. And a quick trivia question, who was president last time Miami won a bowl game? ...

Sincerely,

-
CoOB

Last edited:
Advertisement
Floor should be 10 win regular season. Anything less and Mario’s seat should start getting hot, but it won’t. Will the NIL keep funneling in if Mario doesn’t deliver this year?

The only game that concerns me next year is at Cal. Jet lag and a large Antifa presence for your #5 Miami Hurricanes facing a perennial conference rival in what will probably be a night game. I'm just glad Ward and Mario have some west coast experience. Can tell the guys to not drink the water and to say they know Ken Dorsey from high school if anything is about to go down.
This brought back a funny memory. LONG time ago I had a friend going to MIT, we were from Bethlehem PA. He was crossing a bridge from Cambridge to Boston when he ran into a bunch of BU, the stilll had a team. football players. He ended up invoking the name of our high school quarterback who was on the squad. All was cool.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back