We are on a collision course…

It’s a night game, that is official. It won’t be easy for ND. I just don’t have faith in BYU w/o their star, but crazier things have happened for sure.

I hear you, I wouldn’t put any money on it that I wouldn’t want to lose, and I guess it is wishful thinking on my part. Because I would love to walk out of that stadium on November 7 knowing we had just put a stake through the heart of their playoff hopes with their second loss.
 
Couple things break right and we could have #1 v #2 in South Bend….
IMG_7116.jpeg
 
We want ND ranked as high as possible leading up to the game against us, so that when we beat them at their house, it catapults us to the #1 ranking. The primary goal for the program is not to demoralize their team & fans: it's to have the easiest path in the CFP.
 
Last edited:
you guys are soft. we don't want them to lose, we want them to win. so that when we beat them, we killed their season.

soft, i'm telling you, soft people on here.
 
you guys are soft. we don't want them to lose, we want them to win. so that when we beat them, we killed their season.

soft, i'm telling you, soft people on here.

11-1 ND win a loss to 13-0 Miami is 8 gazillion percent in the playoffs. If you want to kill their season, you knock them out of the playoffs, which might be possible if they lose twice. Not once.
 
Yes, man for man ND has more talent. I don’t think anyone would question that.

But I’ve got a feeling - it’s BYU, probably a night game, the crowd will be electric, their stadium is almost a mile above sea level, slight chance that might have an effect in the fourth quarter, it’s just a gut feeling, but I think they’re going to give them a game, and I wouldn’t be shocked if they did win.
Not trying to bring up bad memories but that game has that Miami/BYU feel like the game in '90. Miami was loaded but still fell short. Would nice if ND got that sinking feeling in their gut with a loss similar to that.
 
I hope ND crushes all their opponents between now and when we meet. I want them undefeated. I want them overconfident. I want to rip their heads off and **** down their neck. I want their team not to want to wake up the next morning. I want their fan base ruined for generations

What the fuq am I reading with these comments worried about if another team is making the playoffs. We take on anyone at anytime at anyplace
 
Last edited:
I’ve had that same exact thought but didn’t have the stones to put in writing.
The thought of the satisfaction walking out of their house knowing we eliminated them two years in a row???? OMFG amazing! Beating them in their house and beating them again in the playoffs would also be sweet.
Do you think a 2 loss ND team is not in the top 12 at the end of the season? I'm not so sure on that one as much as I wish it were true.
 
I’ve had that same exact thought but didn’t have the stones to put in writing.
The thought of the satisfaction walking out of their house knowing we eliminated them two years in a row???? OMFG amazing! Beating them in their house and beating them again in the playoffs would also be sweet.
Do you think a 2 loss ND team is not in the top 12 at the end of the season? I'm not so sure on that one as much as I wish it were true.
Dude wtf? You gonna tell me Santa isn’t real too?
 
We are definitely on a collision course with Notre Dame.

I figured it out when I discovered we are scheduled to play them in a football game on November 7th.
 
That would be ideal, but it's doubtful with our schedule. As we have seen the rankings for both the season & CFP are based on subjective criteria & the perception towards the ACC is that it's a weak conference & the teams don't play anyone. That's why the OOC schedule & eye test matters more for ACC teams than it does for teams from the P2. Regardless of whether ND beats BYU, they will still end up being the highest ranked team MIA faces all yr, & a win would be a resume defining one. The only question is whether that win allows MIA to have a resume that warrants a #1 ranking? I think it would be more difficult if ND were to lose to BYU, because they would be ranked outside of the top 5 & MIA would need other teams to lose, & no longer control its own destiny.

I think as a fanbase our hatred for our rivals should never exceed the desire to win a NC; it's important that we keep the main thing, the main thing, & not get sidetracked.
 
Back
Top