We are not Going to Win Until […the players decide that they are tired of losing.]

Advertisement
They're too busy posting their highlights on social media after losses. I won't name names, but I saw at least a few players posting their individual "highlight" plays after Saturday's debacle. A lot of these guys are all about themselves and do not care about W/L's or the program.

They're too busy posting their highlights on social media after losses. I won't name names, but I saw at least a few players posting their individual "highlight" plays after Saturday's debacle. A lot of these guys are all about themselves and do not care about W/L's or the program.
That's definitely a coaching issue, Schnelly and JJ certainly wouldn't tolerate that. Mario, we'll see.

…the players decide that they are tired of losing. This was the case in the Butch era when players decided to have player-run practices as extra work.

This is mostly dramatic emo stuff. Miami will win when a coach that can get it done takes over. And everyone needs to stop living 25-30 years ago. Those days and dynamics are long gone and today is a completely different world, and player mindsets are completely different. The right coach will know how to get it done in TODAYS WORLD.

Advertisement
Another thread that has it all figured out. Love it.

Adam Levine Thumbs Down GIF by The Voice

Last edited:
We pretty much knew Mario would be a slow fix instead of a quick fix. From what we've seen so far, we have a lot to be concerned about at least from a game day perspective. Certainly hope there's some better stuff going on behind the scenes but IDK 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Are you serious?

That's definitely a coaching issue, Schnelly and JJ certainly wouldn't tolerate that. Mario, we'll see.
Lol they didn’t have highlight tapes and social media when they were coaching here. Even though I agree it’s embarrassing and honestly pathetic kind of silly to compare coaches from a completely different era to now.

I can’t imagine Saban or Kirby’s guys are posting highlights after a loss though. If they are someone lmk

…the players decide that they are tired of losing. This was the case in the Butch era when players decided to have player-run practices as extra work.
Right now we will still turn out an nfl player or two. This bunch can kid themselves but they lack the heart and pride to even give a sh$t

Advertisement

Schnelly and JJ didn't coach in this era and it's a really fine line to deal with.

Any coach that abolishes the social media stuff is dead in the water as that's how kids roll these days.

The job is to change the culture where kids DON'T WANT to post after a loss and are EMBARRASSED by their play; realizing the collective effort and loss are what matter, not the one Getty Image where they happened to make a play.

Dabo didn't tell the team to get off social media a few years back after they lost a title game to Bama; the seniors and upperclassmen made the decision to shut down social for the season and the team followed suit.

You need to build a team full of alphas and leaders who will hate losing so much that they get off social media and just do the work, instead of always showing images of losses and talking about the grind, or the hustle, or that they're humble, or how they're blessed and need to keep eating, or whatever other nonsense one-liners they post to sound all deep—when they're all fragile and as shallow as a puddle.

That didn't happen for years; until the kids who were freshman getting their teeth kicked in finally became upperclassmen who were tired of losing.

Right now this program has upperclassmen who were part of the FIU upset over Miami and all these years later they're still not mad enough to do anything about it; sleeping on Middle Tennessee and just expecting to win.

That didn't happen for years; until the kids who were freshman getting their teeth kicked in finally became upperclassmen who were tired of losing.

Right now this program has upperclassmen who were part of the FIU upset over Miami and all these years later they're still not mad enough to do anything about it; sleeping on Middle Tennessee and just expecting to win.
Didn't happen for yrs??....during JJs tenure it was the norm (player run practices)

Advertisement
That's where building a culture comes into play. You have to weed out the idiots, and that takes multiple classes and roster turnover. That's why I can't help but laugh at those that think that the rot that was Diaz could be eradicated in 9 months. It's going to take a massive overhaul of the roster to fix a lot of that crap. You need to build depth, you need to build a culture of accountability. Tough to hold DJ Ivey accountable for being awful, when you know that there's no one there to replace him.

That's where building a culture comes into play. You have to weed out the idiots, and that takes multiple classes and roster turnover. That's why I can't help but laugh at those that think that the rot that was Diaz could be eradicated in 9 months. It's going to take a massive overhaul of the roster to fix a lot of that crap. You need to build depth, you need to build a culture of accountability. Tough to hold DJ Ivey accountable for being awful, when you know that there's no one there to replace him.
I'd rather play one of the freshmen or even a walk on than continue to trot out guys like Ivey. If Mario truly wants to build a culture of toughness and accountability, it's time to bench players who don't give a rat's ***

What highlights though?

I'd rather play one of the freshmen or even a walk on than continue to trot out guys like Ivey. If Mario truly wants to build a culture of toughness and accountability, it's time to bench players who don't give a rat's ***
What happens when the crap behind Ivey is even worse? This dumbass fanbase then jumps down his throat even more. I'm quite sure if ANYONE stepped up and took Ivey's spot, Mario and his staff would play them. Let's be honest, Mario doesn't have any loyalty to anyone on this roster right now.

Where Mario went wrong is that he wasn't nearly as aggressive in the portal as he should have been. He should have straight up gone the Mel Tucker route and tried to completely overhaul the roster in one offseason....

Advertisement
Back