We are in Phase II

After the hire I said PATIENCE

yall better have patience cause its going to take time when u have a bad roster. Dont care if it was Saban u have to be patient. with the other staffs they didnt offer u that cause of what they brought in. u can peak at the classes and know failure was coming. Now with this guy in charge u have a better product coming in slowly. So u can see the future and allow yourself to be patient
Sometimes when you post crazee chit like this meng, it makes me want to hit that ignore button...

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Advertisement
Every good or successful thing has a natural order. For example, in Scarface, it was Money --> Power ---> Women.

View attachment 232314

Jimmy Johnson's formula for building a successful team is Remove the Wrong Players ----> Bring in the Right Players.

View attachment 232313

Cowboys went from 1-15 in Year 1 ---> 7-9 Year 2 ----> 11-5 (and one upset playoff win) Year 3 ----> 13-3 and a Super Bowl in Year 4. We are in Phase II (no **** Sherlock) and Year 2. I believe Mario is following his mentor's formula. Let's see if he has the same success.

Fire Away!
So Miami go'in from suggin to fuggin by Y4 meng?

Every good or successful thing has a natural order. For example, in Scarface, it was Money --> Power ---> Women.

View attachment 232314

Jimmy Johnson's formula for building a successful team is Remove the Wrong Players ----> Bring in the Right Players.

View attachment 232313

Cowboys went from 1-15 in Year 1 ---> 7-9 Year 2 ----> 11-5 (and one upset playoff win) Year 3 ----> 13-3 and a Super Bowl in Year 4. We are in Phase II (no **** Sherlock) and Year 2. I believe Mario is following his mentor's formula. Let's see if he has the same success.

Fire Away!
Phase 2 of a 74 phase plan!

Advertisement

View attachment 232314

View attachment 232313

Fire Away!
2F2B0C02-0F04-4C1F-B927-4542FFFAD243.gif

would love for this to be a three-year evolution but I don’t think it will be so straightforward. I do think we have 10 win potential THIS season but creating something sustainable entails a lot of unpredictable factors.

Not really. It’s pretty much all predicated on recruiting. If you recruit at a really high level, you have a very good chance of having a very good program year after year. If you don’t, you don’t. Yes there are outliers, but they’re outliers for a reason. They don’t sustain. It’s simply data.

The last time 247 did a composite talent ranking was Dec 4, and Miami was 12th.

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

With all the attrition and new guys coming in, I wonder what our ranking will be by August. This year we outrecruited 5 of the teams that were ahead of us. I know there are likely more additions, but it would be nice to know how we stack up, on paper at least, for now.

i dont think so. i think we'll be a top 5 team in year 4 assuming two more Top 5-7 recruiting classes, which if anything Mario is likely to achieve
Not sure Mario is a good enough game day coach to be a top 5 team with classes in the 5-7 range. Unless the thought is the OC/dc are top tier and will actually stick around that long.

He is going to need to do even better.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not really. It’s pretty much all predicated on recruiting. If you recruit at a really high level, you have a very good chance of having a very good program year after year. If you don’t, you don’t. Yes there are outliers, but they’re outliers for a reason. They don’t sustain. It’s simply data.
Recruiting, development, injuries, draft… if it’s so easy it wouldn’t be this hard for 20 years

Not sure Mario is a good enough game day coach to be a top 5 team with classes in the 5-7 range. Unless the thought is the OC/dc are top tier and will actually stick around that long.

He is going to need to do even better.
could be. we will find out. i am confident we will move closer to the target than in previous coaching administrations.

could be. we will find out. i am confident we will move closer to the target than in previous coaching administrations.
if we can get richt before it fell apart, im good. we got wins (9 and then 10) and an exciting product that rejuvenated the fanbase. mario isnt the x and o guy richt was obviously, but hes the better recruiter. mario landed us the 7th ranekd class this year? i think he can do that multiple times over and maybe you get lucky with a recruit and end up in the top 5 (cormani was the difference but that was the lucky factor if it worked out).

View attachment 232314

View attachment 232313

Fire Away!
We may well be in phase 2, but how many phases are there??

Advertisement
We may well be in phase 2, but how many phases are there??
Here's the good news. Mario has done this before. He has an actual, demonstrable history of improving programs (plural) in year 2:

FIU year 1: 1-11
FIU year 2: 5-7

Oregon year 1: 9-4
Oregon year 2: 12-2

I think we'd all be content with 2 more wins this year and likely happy if we win 3-4 more like FIU and Oregon.

Here's the good news. Mario has done this before. He has an actual, demonstrable history of improving programs (plural) in year 2:

FIU year 1: 1-11
FIU year 2: 5-7

Oregon year 1: 9-4
Oregon year 2: 12-2

I think we'd all be content with 2 more wins this year and likely happy if we win 3-4 more like FIU and Oregon.
I agree, more than a two win swing would be nice, but probably shouldn't be the expectation. We do have some of the same challenges as last season, to varying degrees: Implementing new systems on both sides of the ball, while we got a nice influx of talent this class they are just freshmans, until we see otherwise probably not strong/deep enough at a few positions (portal in spring could change that), and some potential big contributor guys coming off injury (Qb, Rb, TE, OL).

7-5 while still disappointing in the scope of eventual expectations, is a good indicator that we will have moved in the right direction at least.

Looking at the schedule, I could see it play out about like this-

We should beat Miami of Ohio (1-0)
We will probably struggle with aTm (1-1)
We should beat BCU (2-1)
We should beat Temple (3-1)
We should beat Georgia Tech (4-1)
@North Carolina will be tough (4-2)
Vs Clemson probably a loss (4-3)
We should beat Virginia (5-3)
@ NC St they were a solid team last year and it is on the road, could see a loss (5-4)
@ FSU probably a loss (5-5)
Vs Louisville will be tough, I think we split NCst/Louiville (6-5)
@ Boston College should be a win (7-5)

7-5 is obviously not great, but if that is our record and the offense is fun to watch, the defense isn't embarrassed, and it is clearly just a talent issue, I am ok with that progress.

Advertisement
Back