We are in Phase II

rsa coral gables

Malentendido
Premium
Every good or successful thing has a natural order. For example, in Scarface, it was Money --> Power ---> Women.

This-country-you-gotta-make-the-money-first..jpg

Jimmy Johnson's formula for building a successful team is Remove the Wrong Players ----> Bring in the Right Players.

swagger 2.jpg

Cowboys went from 1-15 in Year 1 ---> 7-9 Year 2 ----> 11-5 (and one upset playoff win) Year 3 ----> 13-3 and a Super Bowl in Year 4. We are in Phase II (no **** Sherlock) and Year 2. I believe Mario is following his mentor's formula. Let's see if he has the same success.

Fire Away!

Advertisement
Jimmy Johnson's formula for building a successful team is Remove the Wrong Players ----> Bring in the Right Players.

View attachment 232313

Cowboys went from 1-15 in Year 1 ---> 7-9 Year 2 ----> 11-5 (and one upset playoff win) Year 3 ----> 13-3 and a Super Bowl in Year 4. We are in Phase II (no **** Sherlock) and Year 2. I believe Mario is following his mentor's formula. Let's see if he has the same success.

Fire Away!
I thoroughly enjoyed the book. Easy to see why he was so successful.

Advertisement
100% agree that he is trying to follow the same formula. There was an abundance of rot that was clinging to this team on both the player and coaching side of things. Granted most of the rot on the coaching side last year was Mario's fault, but still, it appears this year he is taking a more measured approach to bring in guys that will compliment each other well instead of just trying to assemble the coaching Avengers.

Still think we have a ways to go but excited to watch this team this year. No reason we can't get to 7-8 wins if we take the expected leap from atrocious to even average with the new offense/defense and we get a couple of bounces to go our way.

Would love to have us win a bowl game this year as well. Say what you want about them being meaningless, but a bowl win can give some great momentum to sell to recruits going into an offseason.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Every good or successful thing has a natural order. For example, in Scarface, it was Money --> Power ---> Women.

View attachment 232314

View attachment 232313

Fire Away!
would love for this to be a three-year evolution but I don’t think it will be so straightforward. I do think we have 10 win potential THIS season but creating something sustainable entails a lot of unpredictable factors.

Advertisement
would love for this to be a three-year evolution but I don’t think it will be so straightforward. I do think we have 10 win potential THIS season but creating something sustainable entails a lot of unpredictable factors.
if next year is Year 3, which it is, then we might be near 9-10 wins, if we land a Top 5 class for 2023.

i think we underestimate the level of rot. i think this is a 4-5 year rebuild.

Advertisement
Back