We Are Hated Again

A Gator friend blames their losing recruits to us on the NIL and Ruiz...forgetting Mario has created a monster staff and has recruited well his entire career. Certainly Ruiz is a benefit but the gator has plenty of potential backers so Ruiz is simply doing what every other team can do.
I wonder how big the NIL is for Manning at Texas?

Advertisement
A Gator friend blames their losing recruits to us on the NIL and Ruiz...forgetting Mario has created a monster staff and has recruited well his entire career. Certainly Ruiz is a benefit but the gator has plenty of potential backers so Ruiz is simply doing what every other team can do.
I read somewhere it’s $10MM, but I don’t know how realistic that is. It’s funny that they’re blaming everything on Ruiz instead of recruiting, but also acknowledge they had the bigger NIL for JR. they pick and choose whatever narrative fits their argument that day.

Come on fam....

6 and 6 Miami ain't relevant Miami...
Relevant, not yet, but we're definitely on people's minds again. My group chats with a bunch of SEC homers are constantly throwing barbs about Miami paying players now because we're getting these big recruiting wins. My gator friend is especially salty after Rashada and Mauigoa. We aren't there yet, but we are knocking on the door again.

Advertisement
God **** This Feels Great

Miami has always been hated. Difference was, it was 20 years of hating the Canes AND getting to laugh at 'The U' at the same time.

The media always (purposefully) fuels the "IS MIAMI BACK???" chatter early every season—whether it was that paper champ 7-0 squad that got wrecked at FSU in 2013, or Richt's merry bunch of overachievers in 2017—it's good business for the ESPN talking heads to build the Canes up, only to knock them down when they finally lose.

The media knows Miami is a polarizing program that is great to talk about, as there is so much national hatred for non-blue blood in the sport of college football—one that was a wrecking ball in the 80's, 90's and early 00's—and was that was always a talking point since, all the "What's wrong with The U???" segments.

Look at some of the most-viewed games in ESPN's history—Miami is usually on one side of it; Canes / Gators, Canes / Noles, Canes / Irish. A percentage of people watch to see Miami lose, while the rest tun in hoping the Canes lose.
It's like the Pig Vomit quandary in "Private Parts" as he can't fathom why people who hate him tune in and listen longer than fans; the same answer on both sides, "To see what he's going to say next".

People both love and hate 'The U' and play an active role whatever position they take.

Star Wars GIF

Who cares? If they had a Ruiz they'd be waving their d*cks all over the internet about it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami has always been hated. Difference was, it was 20 years of hating the Canes AND getting to laugh at 'The U' at the same time.

The media always (purposefully) fuels the "IS MIAMI BACK???" chatter early every season—whether it was that paper champ 7-0 squad that got wrecked at FSU in 2013, or Richt's merry bunch of overachievers in 2017—it's good business for the ESPN talking heads to build the Canes up, only to knock them down when they finally lose.

The media knows Miami is a polarizing program that is great to talk about, as there is so much national hatred for non-blue blood in the sport of college football—one that was a wrecking ball in the 80's, 90's and early 00's—and was that was always a talking point since, all the "What's wrong with The U???" segments.

Look at some of the most-viewed games in ESPN's history—Miami is usually on one side of it; Canes / Gators, Canes / Noles, Canes / Irish. A percentage of people watch to see Miami lose, while the rest tun in hoping the Canes lose.
It's like the Pig Vomit quandary in "Private Parts" as he can't fathom why people who hate him tune in and listen longer than fans; the same answer on both sides, "To see what he's going to say next".

People both love and hate 'The U' and play an active role whatever position they take.
Solid post. To your point about people loving The U, you can find our fans just about everywhere. What turned people off about our program is exactly what caused many other people, regardless of where they lived, to fall in love with it. There were Little League teams in Maryland and Virginia that were the Canes, but I don't recall seeing little league teams based on other out-of-state programs, e.g., Bama.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back