We are going UNDEFEATED!

Advertisement
A bit premature, don't you think? Let's see what Spring ball brings, and then do some forecasting. I would be very happy with a 9-3 record and a bowl victory.
You're speaking common sense.... That's not known around here, good post. I don't understand why every year folks think we go undefeated or 12-1. What since 2002 makes people have these high *** hopes?

If they went 9-3 next year, that's progress.... And after last year and the ending to 2017,I'll take that in a heartbeat.

Let me see if I have this right.

Manny, with zero head coaching experience, is going to vastly out perform in his first year at Miami, the best coach in CFB, in his first year at Alabama.

Is that about right?

1st year, never-been-a-head-coach-ever Manny is going to blow out Nick Saban’s first year at Alabama. The Nick Saban who in his first year at Alabama already had over a decade head coaching experience, in college and in the NFL, and already had a national championship.

So what we’re saying is, that there will be no growing pains, no transition issues, no taking longer than expected to change the culture at an underperforming program.

Yep, we’re going 12-0. Wheeeeeee!

Can’t wait to see the toxicity in this site after the first loss, or after we go 9-3 or something like that. But I don’t have to worry about that because first year Miami Manny will blow out first year Alabama Nick in terms of coaching performance.

Ok..go back to your fever dreams. Sorry to inject some reality into the situation.

It’ll be 12-0 fa sho!

See where you're coming from... history tells you to temper your expectations for first time coaches.

To play devil's advocate here, Manny only really needs to get one side of the ball fixed, and we saw some quick improvements to quarterbacks at bama under Enos. That saying, we'd either have to have Martell gain eligibility or see a close to miracle turn around from the knuckle heads we had in the qb room last year to go undefeated. (In the regular season)

This schedule is really really poor. Probably the easiest schedule in years given the coaching changes around the ACC and a down FSU + VT. Like you mentioned growing pains will jump up an bite us a couple times. I still expect to have an energized building block of a season similar to what Florida showed last year.

Let me see if I have this right.

Manny, with zero head coaching experience, is going to vastly out perform in his first year at Miami, the best coach in CFB, in his first year at Alabama.
Larry Coker says hi.

* I agree with your point about realistic expectations, but just couldn't resist the opportunity.

Advertisement
See where you're coming from... history tells you to temper your expectations for first time coaches.

To play devil's advocate here, Manny only really needs to get one side of the ball fixed, and we saw some quick improvements to quarterbacks at bama under Enos. That saying, we'd either have to have Martell gain eligibility or see a close to miracle turn around from the knuckle heads we had in the qb room last year to go undefeated. (In the regular season)

This schedule is really really poor. Probably the easiest schedule in years given the coaching changes around the ACC and a down FSU + VT. Like you mentioned growing pains will jump up an bite us a couple times. I still expect to have an energized building block of a season similar to what Florida showed last year.

Yes he needs to fix the offense of course. But then there’s no guarantee the defense will be as good as it was last year.

Again, I am enthusiastic, and optimistic. I’m not one of those guys telling you “Manny has to win first“ before you can start having fun, because he’s improving our social media profile, our general reputation, and the perception of our savagery. Manny has definitely won the off-season. And he’s improved the team through transfers.

But common sense and experience tells you that in human endeavors, things never go according to plan. Again I think the Saban example is that here’s a guy that went into a situation where he already had talent, he had bags supporting him, he had a 100% fully supportive fanbase, community and state.

How did Saban do his first year at Bama? A guy that had already had tremendous experience and success as a head coach and had already won a national championship. And this wasn’t even his first year as a coach, unlike Manny, this was his first year as Alabama coach after unbelievable experience and championships.

Oh sure, it’s possible Manny goes 12-0. Possible, but not probable. Because nobody does that. The odds are definitely stacked against him. But sure, it’s possible he blows Saban out of the water, but how likely is it?

Advertisement
You're speaking common sense.... That's not known around here, good post. I don't understand why every year folks think we go undefeated or 12-1. What since 2002 makes people have these high *** hopes?

If they went 9-3 next year, that's progress.... And after last year and the ending to 2017,I'll take that in a heartbeat.
It's only logical! It's literally crazy to think that we're going to go from 7-6 to undefeated or even 12-1. If that's the attitude, then you might as well state that you are not a Cane fan. You have to start from somewhere, and 10-3 overall is absolutely a good start. Be realistic and support your team. Hopefully once the foundation has been set, we can dream for and expect much better results. Go Canes! It's great to be a Miami Hurricane!!

Yes he needs to fix the offense of course. But then there’s no guarantee the defense will be as good as it was last year.

Again, I am enthusiastic, and optimistic. I’m not one of those guys telling you “Manny has to win first“ before you can start having fun, because he’s improving our social media profile, our general reputation, and the perception of our savagery. Manny has definitely won the off-season. And he’s improved the team through transfers.

But common sense and experience tells you that in human endeavors, things never go according to plan. Again I think the Saban example is that here’s a guy that went into a situation where he already had talent, he had bags supporting him, he had a 100% fully supportive fanbase, community and state.

How did Saban do his first year at Bama? A guy that had already had tremendous experience and success as a head coach and had already won a national championship. And this wasn’t even his first year as a coach, unlike Manny, this was his first year as Alabama coach after unbelievable experience and championships.

Oh sure, it’s possible Manny goes 12-0. Possible, but not probable. Because nobody does that. The odds are definitely stacked against him. But sure, it’s possible he blows Saban out of the water, but how likely is it?
AMEN!

Advertisement
I will say that UFag shouldn't be that much tougher than facing L$U first last year. All that said, hopefully we don't come out and hand it to them on a silver platter with pathetic preparation and being unfamiliar with the term "block"....

Somehow, even as a first year OC at UM, I don't see us having that problem with Enos.

UM

Advertisement
Back