We are going to have to outscore tech

We actually played pretty pedestrian against them offensively last year. If it wasn't for some incredible defensive flukes that went our way, that game could've had an extremely different outcome.

Advertisement
We are paying this staff to win these games. Its definitely a big test after that dog fight. Coaching is the difference in games like these.

We actually played pretty pedestrian against them offensively last year. If it wasn't for some incredible defensive flukes that went our way, that game could've had an extremely different outcome.

Richt just kind of had it on cruise control last year. When we needed to score, we went shotgun and tempo, and scored about every time. We just didn't do that very often, largely because we didn't need to score.
And I'm not sure why those plays were flukes? Our DE got around the edge and rocked their QB. He fumbles that ball 10 out of 10 times. Nothing flukey about that. The next time our guys got into the backfield again. It would have been a massive loss deep in their own territory. Instead the QB tried to make a play. Maybe he doesn't most times and takes the massive loss. But then again it's GT. They fumble a lot. Just look at this year. And the reason why is because their QBs make stupid pitches. So it's not flukey as much as it is just an inherent part of the system they run.

Advertisement

Richt just kind of had it on cruise control last year. When we needed to score, we went shotgun and tempo, and scored about every time. We just didn't do that very often, largely because we didn't need to score.
And I'm not sure why those plays were flukes? Our DE got around the edge and rocked their QB. He fumbles that ball 10 out of 10 times. Nothing flukey about that. The next time our guys got into the backfield again. It would have been a massive loss deep in their own territory. Instead the QB tried to make a play. Maybe he doesn't most times and takes the massive loss. But then again it's GT. They fumble a lot. Just look at this year. And the reason why is because their QBs make stupid pitches. So it's not flukey as much as it is just an inherent part of the system they run.

the issue with GT is that you have to make the most of your opportunities because they will control the clock. Johnson will go for it to on 4th downs because if they are averaging even just about 3 yards a pop they usually only need a yard to move the chains. We will need to get them in 2nd or 3rd and long situations or it will be a long day for the defense.

I was at the game, it wasn't just Richt, it was more the OL and Kaaya. We also had a dumb penalty (2) on either Njoku or Herndon that cost us 30 yards when we were up 35-21 and at their 20 or so. Kaaya missed some throws and the OL gave up zero time. But, when we did go up tempo, we gashed them, most notably right after they scored to make it 28-21.

the Turnover chain's biggest game, or you will have half the possessions you're used to and have to be very efficient

Advertisement
Assuming what we know the defense will have to adjust and at FSU it all went south.So Malik has to keep improving and maybe we see more Harly and Thomas.Burns is our secret weapon but DJ will get many reps at RB.
Genius, you do realize that if we win the game we will have scored more points than them. That is the way football goes. Team with most points WINS. Maybe you should not post for a while to give your brain a chance to be re-wired.

Our front 7 helps.. but bad safety play against that type offense is a DC's nightmare.

Need a healthy Redwine.

Advertisement

Flukes?
Our Defense caused those turnovers and scored off them.
They were not flukes.

Richt is 5-2 against the Paul Johnson triple option. Again, I'm not worried. I'm more worried about the game lasting an hour because that clock never stops once when we play em.

Not understanding the trepidation going on about GT. Load the box. Stop the dive. Tackle and wrap up. We know they have to run to make this offense click. Do they even have any receivers we have to double up on?

If you don't understand the trepidation despite your awareness of how important it is for us to tackle well, then I'm not sure you've been watching our D this season.

Advertisement
Last year we dominated them and it was mostly because we scored two quick TD's on Defense.

We are going to have to do that again this year if we want to win comfortably. The Turnover chain must be passed around.

If I recall, they moved the ball pretty well on us though. Our secondary will decide this game.

If we can't tackle, or take proper angles then we might lose.

You've predicted us to lose to both Duke and FSU. Now you're worried about GT.

Hope you keep up your "concerns". This season must be making you miserable

Our staff knows exactly what GT wants to do all game long and that's pound it, they do the exact same plays all game long and throw a wrinkle in every so often to try to catch the DEFENSE sleeping, BUT it's a basic game plan for GT and that's to run, run, run and run some more!! I this game our LB has to be discipline, Miami has the front 7 to give GT offense problems all game BUT it will come down to our DEFENSE being smart and not taking all kind of chances.. Angles will be KEY going against this offense, bad angles can turn into big gains and TDs, I think Miami's key to WINNING is not letting GT's offense explode early, IF our DEFENSE can go into half controlling the game, I think the staff will make adjustments and our OFFENSE will dominate late to blow the game open..

Advertisement
Back