We almost lost the Coastal last night

valid

Band
Banned
That just hit me. Talk about delivering when you need to deliver.....season was almost ruined.

We passed a few tests last night. Now we know that we have the resolve to not wilt under pressure and come from behind in crunch time. We also know that we can win without Duke IF we have to. That feels good to know.

Advertisement
Last nights loss would've ruined the entire season. Would've made the UF victory moot, our top 10 moot, even our VT game moot. I don't know who sold their soul for this win, but I'm beyond happy we won

Look for opponents to hit us with crossing patterns the rest of the season. Dorito has not figured out how to defend these. Red Zone offense suck, and needs to improve immediately. If not, F$U and VT are not winnable games.

We could've still won the Coastal had we lost. We just would've had to beat VT and FSU.

Advertisement
I was thinking the same thing this morning. Had we lost that game, we would have given ourselves zero margin for error because it's highly unlikely that Vag Tech will lose another conference game aside from to us.

I never thought this was going to be an undefeated UM team this year, but we REALLY needed last night's game for hopes of winning the Coastal.

That just hit me. Talk about delivering when you need to deliver.....season was almost ruined.

We passed a few tests last night. Now we know that we have the resolve to not wilt under pressure and come from behind in crunch time. We also know that we can win without Duke IF we have to. That feels good to know.

I'm going to disagree a bit here. First off I'll say a win is a win, even if it's ugly. Problem is I feel like there are a few tests we failed.

1. one is making sure to know where there primary target is at all times. Ebron made way too many big plays last night. We knew he was the primary threat coming into this game and it seemed like we didn't care and treated him like a JAG and he made us pay.

2. In general, we struggled against a decent pass offense. Everyone is talking about how good this defense is now. We just gave up 500 yards of offense (395 passing) to a team that most were sitting here talking about how we would dominate and that Renner was "average". The defense did come up big in the red zone, but if we don't get our act right, FSU is going to wreck us and then if w still manage the ACCCG, there will be Clemson/ FSU, both good passing teams.

3. Stemo needs to sit his *** until he's 100%. It's obvious he can't handle being hobbled. I'm not saying it's easy, but if he's going to be a liability because of it, he needs to sit until healthy.

4. As far as being able to win without Duke, I never doubted we could. The issue I have is UNC defense is not that great and pretty much everyone on this board has been trashing UNC's defense all week. If our offense plays like that against a better defense, we are toast.

Man that was the most frustrating game I've watched since UVA last year.

Advertisement
Back