We’re on to UVA

Advertisement
Havent seen them really this year but they look solid. What’s the scoop on them?

I watched them in a couple of games earlier this season and I was certain they were going to be the worst team
in the ACC.
Very unathletic team,etc...but they have played better than expected in several games.
They have a good coach who I think won't be there long.
We should roll them, but we need to show up because they are well-coached, tough with a decent QB in spite of their
lack of speed and athleticism.

This one is all on the seniors & coaching. They lost by 31 at home to BC. Enough said.

Advertisement
UVA, like Carolina, been known to give us problems. Need to play better than we did at NC.

Well coached which harkens back to the UNC game.

Somehow Quinn Blanding is Still there. They definitely aren’t a pushover with that sleepy gametime start.

Havent seen them really this year but they look solid. What’s the scoop on them?

I watched them in a couple of games earlier this season and I was certain they were going to be the worst team
in the ACC.
Very unathletic team,etc...but they have played better than expected in several games.
They have a good coach who I think won't be there long.
We should roll them, but we need to show up because they are well-coached, tough with a decent QB in spite of their
lack of speed and athleticism.

pretty much concur, we need to give them a beat down.

Well coached which harkens back to the UNC game.

Somehow Quinn Blanding is Still there. They definitely aren’t a pushover with that sleepy gametime start.

Blanding and one of their DTs Andrew Brown were highly-rated recruits that alot of big P5 schools recruited and
they have been subpar up until this season.
But they seem to have stepped up their game this season..
They also have a DB (Thornhill) and LB (Kiser) who are pretty good.
I would like to see us get a big lead early so we can start getting some of our
backups more PT, etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
D is suspect.. very beatable... continue to out scheme our opponents and run the ball. Impose our will on them.

Advertisement
Their QB is good and Micah Kiser one of the best LBs in the league

They are improved but not consistent, Canes gotta be focused

Clearly, we're a much better team than UVA. But you can bet that it will be their Super Bowl and our hangover. It might be Richt's toughest coaching job yet just to keep everyone focused on the fact that we've got bigger fish to fry, but we need a win against UVA before we can think about that.

I think there's enough parity in college football that no team is immune to losing if they overlook an opponent. Ohio State lost to Iowa, Oklahoma lost to Iowa State, Clemson to Syracuse and Bama came a play or two away from losing to Miss State. If we overlook Virginia or Pitt (especially if it's cold), we lose.

That said, I have 100% confidence our coaches and leaders on the team will have the boys ready. We win running away.

UVA, like Carolina, been known to give us problems. Need to play better than we did at NC.

UVA gave us fits for the same reason that everyone else in the Coastal (except Duke and Pitt) gave us fits. Coker, Shannon and Golden. Miami is 7-6 against UVA since joining the ACC. We're 9-5 against GT, 7-7 against UNC, 6-8 against VT, 3-1 against Pitt and 12-1 against Duke.

Also, I have no doubt that the Pastor will have the team focused. I don't think we win 58-0, but I don't think this game goes down to the wire either. I think we win by at least 2 TDs. People will complain because it won't be 58-0, but I think the team is rolling now, and more importantly, knows what's at stake.

As for UVA, they're having a good year for them, meaning they're a little better than average, but they've been really bad lately (i.e. had Mike London as a coach). They beat Bill and Mary, a bad FCS team by 18. They got blown away by a 4-6 Indiana team at home by 17. They beat a 3-7 UConn team at home by 20. They went to Boise and beat a good, 8-2 BSU team by 19. They beat a 4-6 Duke team by 7 at home. They beat 2-8 UNC by 6 in Chapel Hill. They lost to 5-5 BC by 31 on the road. They lost to a bad 4-6 Pitt team by 17 on the road. They beat 5-4 GT by 4 at home, and they lost to 6-4 Louisville by 17 on the road.

Nothing really too impressive. They'll likely finish 6-6, losing to us and VT, but they were 2-10 last year. We handled them last year 27-13 in Charlottesville.

[video=youtube;KvOwednOyoQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvOwednOyoQ[/video]

Advertisement
Back