We’re officially a basketball school

Status
Not open for further replies.

B Run

Sophomore
Premium
I am lucky to be alive long enough to experience every National Championship the football program has won and played for. It was an amazing 20 year period even with the probation years. Over the last twenty years the football program has been mediocre at best however the basketball team has been fun and exciting especially over the last 15 years or so. Coach L is without a doubt one of the best hires UM has ever made. This years team has a chance to make another deep run. If you’re not paying attention now, start. This team is good and fun to watch.

Advertisement
He has not only been a great basketball hire but he has also been the only good thing out of Hecht in a long time, That being said, we are and always will be a football school until/unless we win a hoops championship or two and football remains where it is at. Just culturally who we are.

He has not only been a great basketball hire but he has also been the only good thing out of Hecht in a long time, That being said, we are and always will be a football school until/unless we win a hoops championship or two and football remains where it is at. Just culturally who we are.
I thank @B Run was being a little tongue-in-cheek. But his larger point is that we are really, really good in basketball and Hurricanes nation needs to get on board because we are worth the price of admission.

Coach L >>>>> Mario

tumblr_mk77r7hOl61rvn2ylo1_400.gifv

Advertisement
Advertisement
Such an impressive run. Deep deep talent across the lineup and first two or three off the bench.

Good coaching + Life Wallet money + good conference, should equal very good teams. This school has an opportunity to continue to field very good teams. Rad better not ***** up the next hire when L calls it a career.

**** I know L got this program to where it was before Ruiz got involved, I’m talking about the future.

Advertisement
We don’t need to go here. This isn’t about comparing one sport to another. This is about recognizing that we have a great thing going in basketball.
There is no need to even look for a negative when the whole point of this thread is to be positive.

Enjoy the ride.
Don't be a ******* troll.

Canes Hoops and Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball. My only two teams in all of college and pro sports that haven't won a championship during my lifetime and thankfully I was old enough to enjoy and/or properly celebrate those titles.

I've given up hope for the Pirates doing it before I die but the mere fact that it's not a crazy thought under Jimmy Larranaga is effing awesome and ALL due to that dude not buckling when a lot of us were starting to doubt him. Love that guy.

I am lucky to be alive long enough to experience every National Championship the football program has won and played for. It was an amazing 20 year period even with the probation years. Over the last twenty years the football program has been mediocre at best however the basketball team has been fun and exciting especially over the last 15 years or so. Coach L is without a doubt one of the best hires UM has ever made. This years team has a chance to make another deep run. If you’re not paying attention now, start. This team is good and fun to watch.
And very soon a football school as well.

Advertisement
Outside of Maryland, you can argue we probably could/should have won against Pitt, GT, NCST and Dook (but we didn't...we did murder-death-kill Dook at home a couple of weeks ago though). We've also won our share of close games but if you watched those four games, you know.

We absolutely skull-****ed FSU in Tally and we'll do it again Saturday at Watsco. UNDEFEATED AT HOME!

We'll always be a football school, but Coach L got us doing that thing...

km_20230222_1080p_30f_20230222_211130_1.gif

Canes Hoops and Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball. My only two teams in all of college and pro sports that haven't won a championship during my lifetime and thankfully I was old enough to enjoy and/or properly celebrate those titles.

I've given up hope for the Pirates doing it before I die but the mere fact that it's not a crazy thought under Jimmy Larranaga is effing awesome and ALL due to that dude not buckling when a lot of us were starting to doubt him. Love that guy.

Wtf why are you a Pirates fan. God bless your soul (coming from a Marlins fan).

We don’t need to go here. This isn’t about comparing one sport to another. This is about recognizing that we have a great thing going in basketball.
There is no need to even look for a negative when the whole point of this thread is to be positive.

Enjoy the ride.

I know you already know his tired and reductive shtick. Not on you, but here we are. Poison is always poison, no matter how you try to justify it.

Enjoy the ride.
The OP’s title and post is exactly a comparison between the football team and basketball. “We are a basketball school” is a shot at the football program. Unless I have zero reading skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back