WAZZU

Leach is getting black balled or whatever you call that chit... You think they'll Leach into the playoffs?
They got no problem letting WSU in. Some things just need to happen 1st. WSU got to beat UW, Bama got to beat UGA, USC got to beat Irish, Oklahoma got to lose.

Advertisement
Leach is getting black balled or whatever you call that chit... You think they'll Leach into the playoffs?
I’d love to see him in the playoffs. I think they can beat Michigan, Clemson and Notre Dame. Bama is the only team they can’t beat.

People just don't realize how hard it is to get athletes to Pullman, WA. Then to do what he does with what is basically a recruiting last resort in the PAC12. Tech and Wazzu are afterthoughts without him. Yeah yeah I get it. He loses to Eastern Washington. But the guy underachieves at a fraction of the rate he overachieves, relevant to the roster he has. Richt on the other hand? Leach is a no-nonsense player's coach who scripts scoring clinic.

The Pirate and El Jefe would be criminal to college football.

Great offensive mind but says and does some idiotic things as well. I think he could definitely fix our offense but I don't think our BOT could stomach him.
Stupid things like “rings collect dust”?

Advertisement
As an oc for starters
Ok. I'm not familiar with him but I'll take your word for it that he's good. Going from OC there to OC here is a reasonable career progression. I'm afraid that tRicht would only bring in a loyalist yes man he has history with if he's bringing someone in.

Stupid things like “rings collect dust”?
I got into the subject in another thread. I do like that quote though. We would be better on the field with Leach offensively but i think a number of guys would have us better on the field that way too... Campbell, Briles, Babers...

Sure Mike Leach has put some garbage teams out there over his career but this year's version ain't one of them. I don't care if you're playing Savannah State, putting up 55 in a half is **** impressive and putting up 55 in a half against Arizona is even more impressive. Dude is at a school that has NO business being in the Top 10 this late in the season just like he did at Texas Tech. He can flat out coach and when he has a QB capable of running his system, he works miracles. Oh and BTW, Gardner Minshew makes every QB we've had since Dorsey look like a child.

Could Leach work similar magic here? Hard to say. He'd have ZERO time for dealing with the egos and self entitlement that exists in SoFla but he'd be coming in with some juice and a big time rep. He'd step on some toes but he has proven he can win at a pretty high level with JUCOS and 2 and 3 star players. The temptation is to think that he could be unstoppable with an easy pipeline to 4 and 5 star talent. Personally, I'm torn about what he'd do here. He's from the West and is very much a creature of that environment. On the other hand, he also seems to not give a crap about anything other than winning football games which could make him legendary in the 305 should the events present themselves in such a way as to make that happen.

Creature of the west? He's always in sofla and the keys isn't he? He was basically retired down here before wazzu hired him.

Advertisement
Back