WAZZU

Ghostcane

Recruit
Sure Mike Leach has put some garbage teams out there over his career but this year's version ain't one of them. I don't care if you're playing Savannah State, putting up 55 in a half is **** impressive and putting up 55 in a half against Arizona is even more impressive. Dude is at a school that has NO business being in the Top 10 this late in the season just like he did at Texas Tech. He can flat out coach and when he has a QB capable of running his system, he works miracles. Oh and BTW, Gardner Minshew makes every QB we've had since Dorsey look like a child.

Could Leach work similar magic here? Hard to say. He'd have ZERO time for dealing with the egos and self entitlement that exists in SoFla but he'd be coming in with some juice and a big time rep. He'd step on some toes but he has proven he can win at a pretty high level with JUCOS and 2 and 3 star players. The temptation is to think that he could be unstoppable with an easy pipeline to 4 and 5 star talent. Personally, I'm torn about what he'd do here. He's from the West and is very much a creature of that environment. On the other hand, he also seems to not give a crap about anything other than winning football games which could make him legendary in the 305 should the events present themselves in such a way as to make that happen.

Advertisement
Love the Pirate and so does Bill and Brady from the Patriots. Minshew looks like the College version of Brady out there but faster.

Great offensive mind but says and does some idiotic things as well. I think he could definitely fix our offense but I don't think our BOT could stomach him.

Advertisement
As much as we'd Love to have him...UMs Administration ain't hiring the Pirate...That's a forgone conclusion...All you have to do is look at their track record throughout the yrs.
If the UM Administration would've placed more of an emphasis in Winning the Past 15-17yrs...we'd have 10+ NCs....I honesty don't believe UM will go outside the box one iota in ref to Hiring.

Advertisement
When the administration's top athletic priority is something other than winning, it's pretty much an insurmountable problem for the fans.

The AD at UM..whether it's Blake or anyone else, will ALWAYS be a puppet for the BOT...especially in Blakes case.
We knew from jumpstreet this guy was a coffee fetching Clown...We haven't had a REAL AD since Jankovitch....

Leach is getting black balled or whatever you call that chit... You think they'll Leach into the playoffs?

Advertisement
As much as we'd Love to have him...UMs Administration ain't hiring the Pirate...That's a forgone conclusion...All you have to do is look at their track record throughout the yrs.
If the UM Administration would've placed more of an emphasis in Winning the Past 15-17yrs...we'd have 10+ NCs....I honesty don't believe UM will go outside the box one iota in ref to Hiring.

This is the sad truth of it all, and exactly why we will most likely never see a truly dominate football team anytime soon. Our own leaders hold ourselves back because they care more about themselves than the program. Leach doesnt even scrape the edge of scumbaggery that Saban and Meyer have displayed in their career, but we would rather pay a subpar coach 4 mil a year because the most egregious thing he has ever done is yell at a ref (and to be honest, I wouldn't be shocked if our limp wristed administration had a stern talking to about that after the orange bowl, given how xanaxed out Mork looks nowadays)

Advertisement
Last niggt’s game was a statement for Wazzu and Leach.

Those dudes should be definitely move up in the rankings.

I’d have them at 5.

And, we should have hired Leach when we promoted Randy. Randy stays at DC, and Miami stays relevant.

What could have been ..

Our best coaches have been NFL minded guys or at least guys with pro aspirations. JJ, Butch, Howard...also the 2 best coaches I’ve ever seen in the 2000s are Saban and Pete Carroll. I would look in that area for our next hire. But I think CMR does stil deserve a chance to correct course.

There are fans that are okay with the Golden and Richts of the world. I'm not going to say there name, but it's fine if you want to enjoy mediocrity.

Washington State is a program that has been a door mat of the Pac10/12. It's a program that have struggled to win games in the past. They are a program that have a 472-519-38 record.

Just look at the school's win loss record before leach.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/washington-state/index.html

It's embarrassing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back